Leveling Up with the 2021 C&A double point promotion

John&LaLa

Will you level up with the new Double Point Promotion  

175 members have voted

1. 1. How far will you level up with the new double point promotion?

• Pre Diamond to Diamond
    • Pre Diamond to Diamond Plus
    • Diamond to Diamond Plus
    • Diamond Plus to Pinnacle
    • Some level below Diamond
    • Pinnacle to Double Pinnacle

3 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

And, of course, you not only have to book the cruise but you also have to hope that you get to take a cruise in 2021.

Lol true dat. I'm only booked rcl 4/25 and 12/12.

I'm thinking surely dec will go. If it doesnt go rcl has big problems

2 hours ago, orville99 said:

When they made the change, we had just made Emerald (5 points), three cruise later that were all 3-4 night short cruises in JS under the old system would have made us Diamond. It took two additional 4-5 night cruises in JS under the points system to get to 80 points. So for us, it made a big difference. 

Your extra cruised were probably due to the change from cruises to nights not the addition of Emerald.

5 hours ago, orville99 said:

but one could achieve Diamond with as few as 15 nights if you did five 3-night cruises in a JS or above.

That would be 30 points in today's system.   What's ironic is that I see people (old timers, I assume) complaining that it's "too easy" to make Diamond today at 80 points. 🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I used to have a history of the points on my old phone. 

I've actually seen other folks post the picture I took😉

Is this it, or was there another one before this?

I am guessing you are now 9 "quarters" into your Saturday?

image.png

Edited by Domino D
  • Haha 1

Yep, we were also grandfathered in. We had 9 cruises back then. So we were told now, we only needed 4 days to become diamond. So we purposely took a 4 nite cheap Majesty, before our 14 nite transatlantic two months later, to get the diamond cocktail hrs each nite!

Used to be so easy, didnt matter how long cruise was 3 nite or 14 nite, each cruise was 1 point, to get to 10 pts for diamond. But also many didnt cruise like they do now. In the 90's we would cruise, after labor day,  & the dining room would be half empty (& the buffet wasn't open at dinner then).Many unused cabins.

41 minutes ago, Blizzard54 said:

Your extra cruised were probably due to the change from cruises to nights not the addition of Emerald.

Nope. It was directly related to the change from 70 points to 80 points. It took 12 cruises instead of 10 to get there.

Just now, orville99 said:

Nope. It was directly related to the change from 70 points to 80 points. It took 12 cruises instead of 10 to get there.

That is what I was saying.   The addition of Emerald had no effect it was the change from cruises to points. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Domino D said:

image.png

John or someone posted a sign at a pier.  It basically said Emerald for check-in this was prior to there being an Emerald.  

JC

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Domino D said:

image.png

Not exactly what I was referring to.

And yes, the 3rd quarter in night game is just starting

1 hour ago, xpcdoojk said:

John or someone posted a sign at a pier.  It basically said Emerald for check-in this was prior to there being an Emerald.  

JC

That wasn't me. I have a picture of the timeline on how points were earned,  and when changes to C&A were made. 

16 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

That's just not accurate 

It is accurate.  When you got one credit for a cruise, it took ten cruises to get to diamond.  With points, ten seven nights cruises is 70 points, you are not diamond.  To get past that 80 point diamond requirement, the cruiser who sails seven night cruises needs to take twelve cruises to attain diamond.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

It is accurate.  When you got one credit for a cruise, it took ten cruises to get to diamond.  With points, ten seven nights cruises is 70 points, you are not diamond.  To get past that 80 point diamond requirement, the cruiser who sails seven night cruises needs to take twelve cruises to attain diamond.

9 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Yes it is. I needed two cruises beyond what I had been expecting.

You're not counting the bonus points you were given

3 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

You're not counting the bonus points you were given

Bonus points only helped those with more than 7 credits.  If you had 7 credits or less it still required two more cruises to get to diamond.

Conversion from old cruise credits to cruise points:

If credits were 1-4, points = credits * 7 + 1

If credits were 5-7, points = credits * 7 + 3

If credits were > 7, points = credits * 7 + 13

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

So you know better than I how I got to Diamond? Why did it take me two extra cruises?

I'm sorry, I may have misunderstood, but I thought you said you were within two credits of diamond when change happened.

If that's accurate, you had 8 points, which became 56 points, then you had 13 points given to you which made your total 69.

11 points away from Diamond.

Two more 7 day cruises would give you 84 points

32 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Bonus points only helped those with more than 7 credits.  If you had 7 credits or less it still required two more cruises to get to diamond.

Conversion from old cruise credits to cruise points:

If credits were 1-4, points = credits * 7 + 1

If credits were 5-7, points = credits * 7 + 3

If credits were > 7, points = credits * 7 + 13

See above, I thought OB had 8 credits

Edited by John&LaLa

3 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I'm sorry, I may have misunderstood, but I thought you said you were within two credits of diamond when change happened.

If that's accurate, you had 8 points, which became 56 points, then you had 13 points given to you which made your total 69.

11 points away from Diamond.

Two more 7 day cruises would give you 84 points

Two extra cruises.😉

10 hours ago, orville99 said:

True, Emerald was added while it still was cruise credits (Platinum may have been added then as well, but it always looked like an orphan level, since it was placed only about one or two cruises away from Diamond). At that time Diamond was still 10 credits. My point was that prior to switching to points, Achieving Diamond worked out to the equivalent of 70 points if you took all 7-night cruises; but one could achieve Diamond with as few as 15 nights if you did five 3-night cruises in a JS or above. The switch to points was a "leveling up" of everyone in the system, and 80 became the new Diamond number.

FWIW, JS's or any suite, did not receive the bonus point in the beginning of the program

Platinum existed prior to Emerald

4 hours ago, HBE4 said:

That would be 30 points in today's system.   What's ironic is that I see people (old timers, I assume) complaining that it's "too easy" to make Diamond today at 80 points. 🤔

Well in 2021 it could be as much as 90 points for a solo cruiser