Leveling Up with the 2021 C&A double point promotion

John&LaLa

Will you level up with the new Double Point Promotion  

175 members have voted

1. 1. How far will you level up with the new double point promotion?

• Pre Diamond to Diamond
    • Pre Diamond to Diamond Plus
    • Diamond to Diamond Plus
    • Diamond Plus to Pinnacle
    • Some level below Diamond
    • Pinnacle to Double Pinnacle

We are only five points away from D+, and had six cruises cancelled in 2020 (so far).  Our next three cruises are four nights each, with two of them in December, so the only positive result the double points could possibly accomplish is achieving D+ one cruise early if our December cruises are cancelled.  

2 hours ago, island lady said:

It's another reason we enjoy the luncheon...the ones in attendance seem (thankfully) to leave "politics" out of it.  No reason to make people feel uncomfortable.  We are all there just to enjoy the light conversations, the wine, and the meal.  

Pax that "will never go to one"...hey...no problem.  Their choice, no big deal.  Simply don't go.  😉 Leave it for the rest of us that actually enjoy it.  😉

Yes, yes, yes....light (funny) conversations, the wine, and the meal...ok, specially the wine...then a long nap afterwards.

Funny side story:  One lunch, we had the Orchestra Director at our table.  He asked me: "So, how many cruises have been on?"   With a straight face, I said "Two".  The Orchestra Director looked around with a priceless expression..."Am I sitting at the right table"...........we all had a good laugh.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kccrzr said:

I need about 180 points to make Pinnacle.  Early this year I calculated I would be Pinnacle by the end of 2021.  Despite the many cancelled cruises, with the new double points I would still make Pinnacle by the end of next year IF all the cruises I now have booked sail.  But that's not going to happen. ☹️ In early 2021 I have bookings in Australia and Singapore; can't imagine either will actually sail.

Empathy here...just found out a couple of weeks ago that ALL of our Quantum sailings out of Singapore were cancelled...😷...yup, including the 14n Singapore to Tokyo leg...sad.

Hopefully the planned Quantum sailings for December is a go...for Singapore residents only.

Thanks...but I was just joking.  😉  Not sure what happened to my Platinum pin, but the Diamond pin adorns Bucky's tiny stuffed Dolphin (he calls Diamond Dolly) which he takes with him when we travel.   I am not sure where my D+ pins are, .... probably stuffed inside my jewelry box at home perhaps.  

I'm curious... will you and Bucky wear the gold name bar when you make Pinnacle?   Also, will Diamond Dolly change her name to Pinnacle Dolly?

• Like 1

It's another reason we enjoy the luncheon...the ones in attendance seem (thankfully) to leave "politics" out of it.  No reason to make people feel uncomfortable.  We are all there just to enjoy the light conversations, the wine, and the meal.  

Pax that "will never go to one"...hey...no problem.  Their choice, no big deal.  Simply don't go.  😉 Leave it for the rest of us that actually enjoy it.  😉

We were actually at one that only had 6 respond.  Sat at a table with two officers... grand time.   On other occasions, we are often the last to leave the dining room, having too much fun.  Hmm, that was also the case with our dinner with our friend JD.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WeMissSeaView said:

Rumor had it that originally Emerald was to be between Diamond+ and Pinnacle.  Someone did a typo on the point level and it was not caught in time.  So Royal just left it as an extra lower level.

Personally I think that’s all it is is a rumour.  I have a hard time believing that if their intention was to really create another level between D+ and P that they would have done it error or no error and yet here we are years later and no new level.   Seems too convenient that Emerald is perfectly in the middle between Platinum and Diamond. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, WeMissSeaView said:

Rumor had it that originally Emerald was to be between Diamond+ and Pinnacle.  Someone did a typo on the point level and it was not caught in time.  So Royal just left it as an extra lower level.

They stuck that level in just in time to prolong my trip to Diamond. I was not happy.

I remember people were posting pictures of the new signs at the Miami port that were put up before the level was even announced. And RCI reps were denying that there was any such level.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Personally I think that’s all it is is a rumour.  I have a hard time believing that if their intention was to really create another level between D+ and P that they would have done it error or no error and yet here we are years later and no new level.   Seems too convenient that Emerald is perfectly in the middle between Platinum and Diamond. 

I don’t see any reason or need to have an additional level between D+ and Pinnacle. It’s been well established that it’s not needed. 😁

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I don’t see any reason or need to have an additional level between D+ and Pinnacle. It’s been well established that it’s not needed. 😁

It's already there at 350 - just doesn't have a name.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

They stuck that level in just in time to prolong my trip to Diamond. I was not happy.

I remember people were posting pictures of the new signs at the Miami port that were put up before the level was even announced. And RCI reps were denying that there was any such level.

I copied the signage at the time.... I have it somewhere on my computer amongst 40K pictures and videos

2 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

I copied the signage at the time.... I have it somewhere on my computer amongst 40K pictures and videos

Been retired 3 years, andvstill haven't cleaned that mess up yet. Always manana

• Like 1

17 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Some of us made Diamond prior to Emerald existing

I was already going to hit it on the Panama cruise we were on, but just before the cruise happened..."the change" happened.  Oh well, so much for making it to Emerald.  Sigh...  😉 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, bonsai3s said:

Yes, yes, yes....light (funny) conversations, the wine, and the meal...ok, specially the wine...then a long nap afterwards.

Funny side story:  One lunch, we had the Orchestra Director at our table.  He asked me: "So, how many cruises have been on?"   With a straight face, I said "Two".  The Orchestra Director looked around with a priceless expression..."Am I sitting at the right table"...........we all had a good laugh.

LOL...yeah, my silly husband always raises his hand at the upper tier party when the officer asks that goofy question in jest "How many here are on their first cruise"?  🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, yogimax said:

I'm curious... will you and Bucky wear the gold name bar when you make Pinnacle?   Also, will Diamond Dolly change her name to Pinnacle Dolly?

LOL...I expect Bucky will wear his for formal night...and I will wear mine since it is "the most expensive piece of jewelry" I will own. 😁  Spent a lot through the years to get that.  😉 

Diamond Dolly...nah...Pinnacle Dolly just doesn't roll off the tongue as well.  😄  She will have to remain as "Diamond Dolly" for life.  

• Like 2

15 hours ago, yogimax said:

We were actually at one that only had 6 respond.  Sat at a table with two officers... grand time.   On other occasions, we are often the last to leave the dining room, having too much fun.  Hmm, that was also the case with our dinner with our friend JD.

Agree... same thing happens with us...and agree, usually it's the small group that lingers.  And yes, I remember looking around at the dinner with JD we had with you, amazed at how the dining room had emptied out and how fast the time went by.  We indeed had a good time!! 🤗

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1