Adults only area on Konsingdam

dland4us

Is there an adults only area on Konsingdam?  Is it truly "adults only"? We have cruised on Oosterdam and it didn't seem that the "adult area" was in fact, an adults area.  We do love the little ones, however, we love to have quite time on deck while cruising.

We sailed on the sister ship, Nieuw Statendam. Avoid the Lido Pool (center pool) since this one is popular with families. Go to the Sea View Pool (aft) which is the adults only pool. 

With that said, there were only 110 children on our sailing (my children included) out of 2,600+ passengers so their impact was minimal. 

3 hours ago, dland4us said:

Is there an adults only area on Konsingdam?  Is it truly "adults only"? We have cruised on Oosterdam and it didn't seem that the "adult area" was in fact, an adults area.  We do love the little ones, however, we love to have quite time on deck while cruising.

Yes, it's called club Hal..

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Sir PMP said:

Yes, it's called club Hal..

I noticed on most cruises Club HAL was vacant. On longish cruises I saw less than 10 children on the K’dam. Some were Officer’s children. It’s the nature of HAL.. no kids. 

28 minutes ago, LocoLoco1 said:

I noticed on most cruises Club HAL was vacant. On longish cruises I saw less than 10 children on the K’dam. Some were Officer’s children. It’s the nature of HAL.. no kids. 

C'mon man..

1 hour ago, SilvertoGold said:

In sum  if you do not want a lot of children around, do choose (1) long cruises, more than 3 weeks (2) to more exotic locations (3) when school is in.  Asia, C America, South Pacific are good choices.

Yes and the children I have encountered on the longer cruises have been prepared for an exciting journey by their responsible, caring parents.   They understand this is not a month long party but a wondrous journey.  I had teenagers across the hall on my last VOV and they were a delight. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

Yes and the children I have encountered on the longer cruises have been prepared for an exciting journey by their responsible, caring parents.   They understand this is not a month long party but a wondrous journey.  I had teenagers across the hall on my last VOV and they were a delight. 

We had two quite young children on our 30 day Prinsendam sailing.  While technically there is no Club HAL, Prinsendam had two trained people for such experiences.

The children were a delight, well behaved, beautiful and out and about in different places with their HAL caregivers to experience different areas.  Their parents often came to check on them and participate.

The children were such a hit that they and their parents were invited to every VIP party.  The Captain made a point of showing them the chocolate fountain and how it worked.

I still remember 1of4’s beautiful children on our Panama Cruise which was a longer one (33 days I think?).  they were dressed beautifully and just so enjoyable.  They were welcome at all our get togethers.  Captain Van Eerten had special cupcakes made for them at our 2nd meet and greet 😉 

They joined us at Le Cirque after Club HAl ended and the waiters even offered them dessert (they declined).

Children can be a real joy when they have the right parents 😄 

• Like 2