Signature Dining Package and Beverage Package

ScottC4746

44 minutes ago, ON cruiser said:

Hi folks, and happy new year (let us hope that 2021 is happier and sees us all safely sailing again!). A quick question about what is included in the Signature Bev. Package. Does anyone know which brands of Scotch or Vodka are covered within the $11 limit? For example, can I get a Chivas Regal on the rocks, and can my wife get a Ketel One vodka?  Or must I try to upgrade to the Elite package?

If we are gifted the SBP, I recall that some were able to pay the differential onboard to get to the Elite package. Does anyone know the approximate current differential PP PD?

Many thanks, and regards, 

On Cruiser

If you search here, or on Google, you will see the bar menu, including brands of hard alcohol,  that were offered before Covid.

47 minutes ago, ON cruiser said:

Hi folks, and happy new year (let us hope that 2021 is happier and sees us all safely sailing again!). A quick question about what is included in the Signature Bev. Package. Does anyone know which brands of Scotch or Vodka are covered within the $11 limit? For example, can I get a Chivas Regal on the rocks, and can my wife get a Ketel One vodka?  Or must I try to upgrade to the Elite package?

If we are gifted the SBP, I recall that some were able to pay the differential onboard to get to the Elite package. Does anyone know the approximate current differential PP PD?

On Cruiser

Here are the bar prices: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2764923-signature-dining-package-and-beverage-package/  Both Ketel one and Chivas Regal are within the $11 limit.

1 hour ago, ON cruiser said:

On Cruiser

Have you been to Roger Jett Photography? https://www.rogerjett-photography.com/ He has posted many food and drink menus.  Found this one from 2019....not sure how they will increase the prices, but a shot of Chivas shows as 8.50 and Ketel One shows as 8.50 as well.  You should be fine.  And Here's the menu with prices:  http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/Bar-Menu.pdf

L.

L.

• 6 months later...
On 12/31/2020 at 7:53 AM, mcrcruiser said:

Ah so Pinnacle & Canaletto  but no Tamarind ,our favorite    We just booked the 18 night Hawaii Feb 2 ,2022 on Koningsdam  & I sure hope we don't get the diner time in embarkation day , That surely would be yucky & we  would have to change  that date . 

Funny how sister lines differ .We got the Best Price Ever sale with Princess for Majestic Mexican Riviera  from San Pedro Ca . Wifi unlimited is included ;as well as all the HAL perks  . We sail Princess when they give us a lot of special perks  otherwise we stick with HAL mostly  .

My wife and I will be on that cruise plus the 7 day Mexican Riviera part. Will be our second cruise and first on Holland America.

9 hours ago, Grimmy68 said:

My wife and I will be on that cruise plus the 7 day Mexican Riviera part. Will be our second cruise and first on Holland America.

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

You may be interested in a section called Roll Calls. It's where people on the same cruise can get to know each other and share information on get togethers, shore excursion etc.

Here is the link for your Hawaii cruise:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2753624-february-02-to-february-20-2022-rt-san-diego-to-hawaii/

• 7 months later...
On 12/31/2020 at 11:30 AM, KroozNut said:

I have read here (not sure how true it is), that HAL seems to like scheduling your promo specialty restaurant time for early evening on embarkation day, which most folks don't like.

That would work great for our group, but probably not at 5pm, anything after 7pm would work.  My niece has a birthday that day...   which begs the question.   Never cruised HAL, we have three couples, all have the signature dining package, our reservations are linked, will they figure out that we will want to dine together???

On 2/21/2022 at 6:24 AM, lderochi said:

You should be able to book your complimentary dinners in advance, if you don't want to take a chance on getting an inconvenient time and not be able to change it. On the website under specialty dining.

We did just that for our April 13th sailing because we wanted to lock in a specific date/time for our complimentary PG dinner.

We have already booked our complimentary Specialty Dining on our 2/27 Rotterdam cruise. We used mine for the Tamarind and DH's for the Pinnacle Grill - paid for the second person on each. We also booked the Canelletto at full price for another night. Will get 25% back on out of pocket costs for the dinners as OBC as we are 3* Mariners.

On 11/12/2020 at 2:16 PM, kazu said:

$11 drink max covers a lot of the drinks on HAL.  Just about any specialty coffee, mixed drink, liquor (standard), etc.  I just don’t care for the by the glass wine choices but there are wines included under $11.

the 15 limit drink is for the alcoholic ones.  The non alcoholic are included in the package with no limit I am aware of.

I should add that some people that are wine aficionados or like really fancy liquor upgrade to the Elite package.  Some have been successful and some not.  I believe (my memory can be short) it is about $10 per day plus tip pp.  Wait until someone else posts who is more knowledgeable than I on the Elite package to confirm or correct me.

Just fyi. HAL changed the signature drink package.  The 15 daily limit includes non alcoholic drinks ..the elite package is unlimited non alcoholic and 15 drink limit on alcohol 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Cleckie said:

Just fyi. HAL changed the signature drink package.  The 15 daily limit includes non alcoholic drinks ..the elite package is unlimited non alcoholic and 15 drink limit on alcohol 

By non alcoholic drinks, do you mean all non alcoholic drinks including soda and water or just the non alcoholic cocktails?

37 minutes ago, Cleckie said:

Just an FYI you are quoting an old post of mine.  It was accurate at the time.  The updated rules have been posted on this thread.

17 minutes ago, jkrislc said:

By non alcoholic drinks, do you mean all non alcoholic drinks including soda and water or just the non alcoholic cocktails?

All non alcoholic drinks assuming you are getting the water in the carton/aluminum container.

4 minutes ago, kazu said:

All non alcoholic drinks assuming you are getting the water in the carton/aluminum container.

Interesting as the Quench package never had such a limitation in the past. Do you know if they've placed similar limits on the soda package (not that I would drink 15 sodas in a day, just curious)?

And, yes, I was referring to the bottled water included in the packages.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jkrislc said:

Interesting as the Quench package never had such a limitation in the past. Do you know if they've placed similar limits on the soda package (not that I would drink 15 sodas in a day, just curious)?

And, yes, I was referring to the bottled water included in the packages.

Correct, the Quench package didn’t used ot have a limit and the SBP didn’t used to have a limit for non alcoholic drinks.

Now, both the Quench Package and the SBP are limited to 15 drinks.  

From the HAL site:

D6914282-C3BB-468A-9CA9-038A74AE9C99.thumb.png.614f732ff8ab9153dda0dc40b32a2239.png

• Like 1

The soda package is still advertised as "unlimited," so you would think that would apply to all packages that include soda. Again, I wouldn't drink 15 sodas, but it seems odd that each soda I drink goes against the total number. I also wonder how this applies to ships like the Koningsdam that have the Coke Freestyle machines. Are those fills tracked? Do they code the reusable cups differently for those with the soda package versus the Quench package?

• Like 1

One other question - is this effective immediately? Are current bookings grandfathered into the old (unlimited non-alcoholic drinks) policy? Some of us paid for this package for an upcoming cruise before the change (or at least, paid a premium for the Have It All promo which includes it).

5 hours ago, kazu said:

Correct, the Quench package didn’t used ot have a limit and the SBP didn’t used to have a limit for non alcoholic drinks.

Now, both the Quench Package and the SBP are limited to 15 drinks.  

From the HAL site:

D6914282-C3BB-468A-9CA9-038A74AE9C99.thumb.png.614f732ff8ab9153dda0dc40b32a2239.png

So the 15 beverage limit on the SBP now includes alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, i.e., bottled water?

9 minutes ago, KroozNut said:

So the 15 beverage limit on the SBP now includes alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, i.e., bottled water?

Yes.  That’s my understanding.  Pretty clear on the HAL description. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jkrislc said:

The soda package is still advertised as "unlimited," so you would think that would apply to all packages that include soda. Again, I wouldn't drink 15 sodas, but it seems odd that each soda I drink goes against the total number. I also wonder how this applies to ships like the Koningsdam that have the Coke Freestyle machines. Are those fills tracked? Do they code the reusable cups differently for those with the soda package versus the Quench package?

The coke package is different.  Go on the HAL website and you will get the description 

19 minutes ago, strickerj said:

One other question - is this effective immediately? Are current bookings grandfathered into the old (unlimited non-alcoholic drinks) policy? Some of us paid for this package for an upcoming cruise before the change (or at least, paid a premium for the Have It All promo which includes it).

You are not alone.  Many of us had paid for the package via cost for the HIA.

One of my current bookings is a transfer from another cruise where I had the SBP.  I don’t believe it is grandfathered as it simply says SBP on my confirmation.  Pretty sure we will be with the current rules.

Not a surprise as the SBP is discounted with the HIA - at least, in my case it seems to be.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kazu said:

The coke package is different.  Go on the HAL website and you will get the description 

I realize that. I guess what I'm wondering is whether the Coke package rules apply to the Coke part of the other beverage packages.