Mardi Gras - customer laundry and blank space on deck plan question

Raisinette

Hello,

Does anyone know if the Mardi Gras will have self-service laundry machines like most other Carnival ships? (I've looked at the deck plans and don't see any)

I see a single cabin sized blank spot on deck 9, between cabin 9464 and cabin 9466 - any idea what that might be for?  It's the only blank spot on an exterior wall that I can see, and it seems unlikely to be a crew staircase as it would land in the middle of what appears to be kitchen space for Guy's Pig and Anchor.

Any thoughts?!

Thanks

No self-service laundry facilities. There will be some ironing rooms.

Self-Service Ironing Rooms
Hours: hours posted on the door to the Ironing Room
  • The Mardi Gras does not feature self-service washers and dryers; valet laundry service is offered through guests' Stateroom Steward. 
  • 2 ironing boards and irons
Locations
 Deck 4 - across from 4320
 Deck 5 - across from 5390
 Deck 9 - across from 9394
 Deck 14 - across from 14396
 Deck 15 - across from 15393

12 hours ago, Moviela said:

Well....if they are going to have a woman's power tool room, they should have a men's power tool room with a chop saw and an angle grinder...just sayin'

Interesting comment. NEVER thought Ironing was a women's job. Never thought a chop saw and angle grinder can only be operated by men.🤨

• Like 2

15 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

No self-service laundry facilities. There will be some ironing rooms.

• The Mardi Gras does not feature self-service washers and dryers; valet laundry service is offered through guests' Stateroom Steward. 
Locations

That's an odd choice. They obviously don't plan on using that ship for longer,   journey cruises. 

2 hours ago, cruizergal70 said:

That's an odd choice. They obviously don't plan on using that ship for longer,   journey cruises. 

This would certainly not keep them from doing a Journey cruise.  They will still offer laundry services, just not self service.

2 hours ago, cruizergal70 said:

Longer cruises tend to have more platinum cruisers who get free wash and wrinkle laundry service.

It is a little odd, but I guess they need non-p/d guests to subsidize the benefit for the entitled.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, shof515 said:

i have done 2 journeys cruises before and never needed to use the ship laundry room

You must over pack. 😄

I did two weeks on the Horizon during their inaugural European season and I had one 19" carryon and a small backpack. I always pack clothes for half the cruise duration and plan on doing one load of laundry towards the middle of the cruise. 

15 minutes ago, cruizergal70 said:

You must over pack. 😄

I did two weeks on the Horizon during their inaugural European season and I had one 19" carryon and a small backpack. I always pack clothes for half the cruise duration and plan on doing one load of laundry towards the middle of the cruise. 

And on the Mardi Gras you will be able to utilize laundry service.  

On 11/12/2020 at 9:04 PM, Raisinette said:

Hello,

Does anyone know if the Mardi Gras will have self-service laundry machines like most other Carnival ships? (I've looked at the deck plans and don't see any)

I see a single cabin sized blank spot on deck 9, between cabin 9464 and cabin 9466 - any idea what that might be for?  It's the only blank spot on an exterior wall that I can see, and it seems unlikely to be a crew staircase as it would land in the middle of what appears to be kitchen space for Guy's Pig and Anchor.

Any thoughts?!

Thanks

I was wondering if the blank space across from 9331/9333 was laundry/ironing. Unless it's just an extra wide hallway spot?

https://www.carnival.com/~/media/Images/Ships/MD/DeckPlans/mardi-gras-deck-plan-pdf 

45 minutes ago, geneparmesan said:

I was wondering if the blank space across from 9331/9333 was laundry/ironing. Unless it's just an extra wide hallway spot?

https://www.carnival.com/~/media/Images/Ships/MD/DeckPlans/mardi-gras-deck-plan-pdf 

It may be ironing....there are no self service laundry on the Mardi Gras.  

35 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

It may be ironing....there are no self service laundry on the Mardi Gras.  

Locations
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

The key to laundry, per SIL who travels with 1 carry-one and a purse, is to bring clothes that can be hand washed in shower and let hang dry if necessary and not be afraid to wear the same outfit more than twice.

I always plan on wearing outfits multiple times. However, I'm not doing laundry in a sink or shower. I'll use the ship's laundry service.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/15/2020 at 10:29 AM, BlerkOne said:
Locations

Interesting. I'm booked on Deck 9, so I'll have to check out what's across from 9331.

I've been through all the other previews of the ship I can find online, so this is at the top of my list to wonder about until we get some real pictures!!

To answer your question about the deck plan, it could possibly be a crew or officer cabin, or it could be a utility or workspace or storage area.  People have reported them running a printer (loudly, if you're in the cabin next door) from a space like that.  And John Heald talked about having a cruise director cabin somewhere on one of the main passenger decks, relatively close to the Passenger Services desk if I'm remembering correctly.  Again, it was an unmarked area on the deck plan for that floor.

I'v always liked the perk of self service laundry machines on Carnival ships.  We travel with carry-on only bags and do a load or two mid cruise.  Thankfully, I will reach platinum whenever I get to cruise again so I will probably get free laundry service.  My next cruise is on the Mardi Gras in April.

On 11/13/2020 at 12:02 AM, Moviela said:

Well....if they are going to have a woman's power tool room, they should have a men's power tool room with a chop saw and an angle grinder...just sayin'

You obviously never spent any time in the military. Every male, and female for that matter, learns to use an iron really fast or you won’t be around for long. Plus I have never viewed ironing as a woman’s job, since I have been ironing my own clothes since I was in high school.