Not a good sign......

Shippy

Have been concerned about my 11 night, 5/8/21 Alaska cruise for awhile since it has been 'wait listed'. Vancouver round trip.

Just received a new Alaska brochure from Regent and this cruise has been eliminated. All the rest remain the same. 7 day Vancouver to Seward & vice versa.

I called & they said the cruise has not been cancelled but cannot be booked right  now (?)

Very sad since the one we were supposed to be on this year was cancelled. 

I would not want to go on any of the others as we are old & the trip to Seward is a  bit arduous for us, plus it would only be 7 days.

I realize all cruises are still up in the air right now but it would be nice to have as much advance notice as possible if cancelled. Regent said if that were the case, we would know by April 2021.....thanks a lot !

There is a lot going on right now and it is pulling the decision process in opposite directions. IMO, the vaccines will start to come soon and we may see a scenario where they are required before boarding a ship. This will push back the first cruise from Jan to late spring but they may decide it is the best path to take.

3 hours ago, Pcardad said:

There is a lot going on right now and it is pulling the decision process in opposite directions. IMO, the vaccines will start to come soon and we may see a scenario where they are required before boarding a ship. This will push back the first cruise from Jan to late spring but they may decide it is the best path to take.

I agree with you. 

• Like 1

The reason your cruise cannot be booked is the current 7 day limit the CDC has put on cruises within US waters.  They cannot be advertised or cruise at this time.  The reason Regent cannot give you an answer is that they are hoping by the time of your cruise the limitation will be removed as they are currently restricted by CDC and hoping that restriction will be removed but, won't know for several months if it will be removed or not.

1 hour ago, rallydave said:

The reason your cruise cannot be booked is the current 7 day limit the CDC has put on cruises within US waters.  They cannot be advertised or cruise at this time.  The reason Regent cannot give you an answer is that they are hoping by the time of your cruise the limitation will be removed as they are currently restricted by CDC and hoping that restriction will be removed but, won't know for several months if it will be removed or not.

Dave, there are 8 night cruises in February out of Miami that are still for sale; need to find a different reason.

Marc

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

Dave, there are 8 night cruises in February out of Miami that are still for sale; need to find a different reason.

Marc

Nope Marc.  What I posted is correct per the latest CDC order.  Cannot be responsible for what is or isn't on the website.

10 minutes ago, rallydave said:

Nope Marc.  What I posted is correct per the latest CDC order.  Cannot be responsible for what is or isn't on the website.

I am just saying that Regent will still sell you an eight night cruise in February regardless of CDC action; so, your explanation to shippy for Regent's actions is incorrect.

The 11 night, 5/8/21 Alaska cruise on Explorer is not waitlisted on Regent's website.  @Shippy, where did you see it waitlisted?

I do agree that selling it right now seems to be in violation of the latest CDC order, but Regent's website does not seem to be aware of or in agreement with this for many upcoming segments on all their ships.

46 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

I am just saying that Regent will still sell you an eight night cruise in February regardless of CDC action; so, your explanation to shippy for Regent's actions is incorrect.

Yes they can but isn’t it in violation of the CDC order?  I am simply providing what the order says and what it says the cruise lines can do. Have no control what the cruise line does it doesn’t do. 

Now Suzue has said the cruise is being marketed and perhaps not but I also believe my analysis has validity but it is only my analysis based on what the order says  

Just because Regent can or is marketing these longer cruises does not change my opinion of what the CDC order says 

Since we have no idea what RSSC and the CDC are reviewing, I suggest waiting until we hear the official news. 
All the cruises we have booked In the next few months are still listed as available. All are more than 7 days. 
Be patient.....

Personally, Herb and I have decided we will probably wait to get the vaccine before we cruise again. But, we never know when circumstances change. 
sheila

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, SusieQft said:

The 11 night, 5/8/21 Alaska cruise on Explorer is not waitlisted on Regent's website.  @Shippy, where did you see it waitlisted?

I do agree that selling it right now seems to be in violation of the latest CDC order, but Regent's website does not seem to be aware of or in agreement with this for many upcoming segments on all their ships.

Their website showed waitlisted for all but the master Suite yesterday. I called & they verified it.

ALSO... the same in that same brochure we just received, they are advertising 10 & 12 night cruises out of New York.

Our Sept 11, London to London, and our Sept 22, London to Barcelona, on Splendor are both waitlisted for all cabin levels, and have not been advertised in brochures for the last few months. Back in August, we asked about getting a cabin on the London to Barcelona for my brother, and our TA told us she had confirmed that everything was waitlisted. Since then, we've booked and paid for our excursions, as well as booking a pre and post so we're not worried about the waitlisting at this point.

So many people had cruises that were cancelled that it's not surprising that there are cruises that aren't advertised. If they were desirable itineraries, and those that aren't offered frequently, then they're more likely to be full.

I wouldn't worry yet. There's still plenty of time.

4 hours ago, Shippy said:

Their website showed waitlisted for all but the master Suite yesterday. I called & they verified it.

Yes, this is still true.  I had only looked at the general listing to see what is waitlisted.  They did a similar thing with my May 16 Navigator cruise a while ago, waitlisting all but the top 4 suite categories.  Then after a few weeks, they opened up the top 8 categories.  I just checked and the D and E suites are now waitlisted.  They accounted for 56 of the 116 suites that were available a couple of weeks ago.  In the top 6 categories that are still open, only 4 of the remaining 60 suites have been booked during this time.

Regent seems to be limiting capacity by waitlisting the lower level suites, while still keeping the cruise open for booking at the higher price points.  I guess that makes sense from a revenue generation point of view, considering that if they sail it will almost certainly have to be with limited capacity.

Princess Cruises just cancelled all their cruises departing out of a U.S. port until November 2021.  Here's the language we received from our TA.  We were on a 16-day Canada and Greenland R/T New York.

In response to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) "Framework for Conditional Sailing Order" pertaining to resumption of U.S. cruise operations, Princess Cruises is extending its pause in global operations to allow time for the estimated preparation needed for completing required activities prior to sailing and in consideration of the temporary seven-day cap on itineraries that call at a U.S. port.  Unfortunately, this means your sailing will be cancelled.

If any cruise line that I'm booked on says that they're not sailing for the next year, then I would ask for a refund ASAP. I can't imagine that they'll still be in business, let alone be able to rebook a cruise that I would still be interested in.

Why wouldn't these big cruise lines have already been planning and implementing the changes that are needed? Obviously, buffets aren't going to work. People putting food on their own plates (including ones they've already eaten from) should be eliminated permanently. The ability to test for contagious diseases needs to be available on every ship, along with a way to isolate sick people. Air can't be shared between cabins unless it goes through HEPA filters with the ability to filter out the virus (which not all HEPA filters can do).

Regent already had a good plan, and seemed to be implementing it.

And what does the CDC guideline have to do with cruises that don't stop in the US?

6 minutes ago, snorkle lover said:

Really? So our September 2021 London to Barcelona could well be canceled.

We sure we’re hoping this one would go since we had two canceled this year 😢.

At least we haven't paid for the whole thing as we have for 2 other cruises that don't fall under CDC guidelines. If Regent cancels our cruise, I'm probably done with cruising. Will that help the cruise lines?

26 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

They are only stopping cruises over 7 days in the USA to comply with CDC - they can undo it easily. Its not a game changer....lets wait and see what the vaccine timeframe is. Regent has pushed back plans about a month at this point.

Believe the CDC rules apply to all cruises that make as few as one stop, departure or arrival in any US Port so for instance possibly TA's or cruises like Grand Arctic to or from a US Port over 7 days would not be allowed.

From the CDC document, the first full sentence on page 32:  "The cruise ship operator must not sail or offer to sail on an itinerary longer than 7 days."

Freedom of speech may enable them to market longer itineraries, but under the current rules it would disqualify them from receiving a Conditional Sailing Certificate.

Edited by SusieQft