New vaccine

hollyjess

26 minutes ago, pete14 said:

My 93 year old housebound mother was vaccinated in her home last week after several calls to GP practice. That is in Nottinghamshire. I haven’t been allowed to visit her for several months which makes life difficult for us both because the only visitors she gets are her carers, other medical people and her grandson who lives a few miles away and is bubbled with her.

Great news about her vaccination.  Hopefully you will be able to visit her soon.

• Like 1

Had first dose of vaccination this morning the AZ one, all very efficient at hub, initial questions at door, then checked in further down corridor, down to bays first checked in by Army who went through allergy questions, asked what medications I was on, ( tip take a copy of your prescription it helps them a lot)

Then passed on to bay where vaccinations take place. I was vaccinated by a Fire Officer, Station Manager according to his badge, wasn’t expecting that. There was a mixture of people there NHS nurses, doctors in scrubs, members of army doing admin, fire officers, off duty firefighters on car park duty, RAF nurses and medics, local council public health staff and a number of volunteers.

I was speaking to one volunteer whilst waiting to go in who had had Covid back in March, he said many of the volunteers had been vaccinated using any left over doses at end of day, no dose goes to waste if they can help it. 

All in all a very efficient and well run centre, what you would expect when you get all of those I have mentioned who are all used running well organised systems in their day to day jobs. 

We got home and then received text from GP surgery inviting me for a vaccination, from what I was told the systems talk to each other so GP will be informed I have had first dose.

Need to do it all again on May Bank Holiday Monday

A huge round of applause to those involved at this centre and others.

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

• Like 10

Thanks, Aulanis.  I have seen this website, and tried to phone the no.  Last time I was 20 on the waiting list, and as I currently pay for landline calls except Sat and Sun I did not feel like hanging on!  I don't know if they would help, but will try again.  However, as of the end of last week our  GP practice were still saying that they had not passed on their list of housebounds to a roving team, or anyone.  

It is not so much being personally worried, as feeling that the otherwise mostly excellent organisation has let housebounds down, in that we were originally expecting to hear from our GP about how it would happen.  And our Practice have denied all knowledge of vaccination so far!!  This is happening all over the country, according to articles in the Independent etc.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lincslady said:

I have phoned them, and they are only able to make appointments at Centres, and can't help with the housebound.  Just don't like feeling ignored!  And sorry for those who live alone and have lots of different carers  going in to look after them, with the possible risks of infection.  

It's frustrating isn't it but I would try the GP again if you can. My Dad is housebound with end stage COPD, a lady from our practice rang to book my Mum's appointment back in January and when my Mum asked about my Dad she found out he wasn't even on the vulnerable list despite being under palliative care for over three years. My Mum was told that appointments aren't made for housebound patients, 'someone' will just turn up at the house. True to their word a paramedic and nurse turned up last Friday with a long list of housebound patients they were visiting and he has now had his first vaccine. I think with the scale of the vaccine programme mistakes will happen so I would definitely contact them again now that the deadline for the first four groups has passed.

• Like 1

Mixed messages from Matt Hancock and boss of NHS. They clearly said this morning both over 65's and clinically vulnerable adults could book a jab today. As others have found out this is incorrect. I like Hancock but he must be more careful when he gives out information to the public.

Edited by bobstheboy
Typo
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Snow Hill said:

Had first dose of vaccination this morning the AZ one, all very efficient at hub, initial questions at door, then checked in further down corridor, down to bays first checked in by Army who went through allergy questions, asked what medications I was on, ( tip take a copy of your prescription it helps them a lot)

Then passed on to bay where vaccinations take place. I was vaccinated by a Fire Officer, Station Manager according to his badge, wasn’t expecting that. There was a mixture of people there NHS nurses, doctors in scrubs, members of army doing admin, fire officers, off duty firefighters on car park duty, RAF nurses and medics, local council public health staff and a number of volunteers.

I was speaking to one volunteer whilst waiting to go in who had had Covid back in March, he said many of the volunteers had been vaccinated using any left over doses at end of day, no dose goes to waste if they can help it. 

All in all a very efficient and well run centre, what you would expect when you get all of those I have mentioned who are all used running well organised systems in their day to day jobs. 

We got home and then received text from GP surgery inviting me for a vaccination, from what I was told the systems talk to each other so GP will be informed I have had first dose.

Need to do it all again on May Bank Holiday Monday

A huge round of applause to those involved at this centre and others.

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

Pleased for you and thanks for the tip of taking a copy of your prescription with you.

Graham.

15 minutes ago, Bloodaxe said:

We were not asked any questions about medication just if we had any other vaccinations recently.

We were the same as you but we went through the GP Hub which was one nurse jabbing

and one on a PC asking the questions whilst linked to my medical file.

Maybe the bigger NHS Hubs using the Army etc do not have that "full access"" link and 

therefore ask about your medication . :classic_unsure:

The only meds they asked about had, I took any aspirin or other blood thinners ??

Edited by kalos

3 minutes ago, kalos said:

We were the same as you but we went through the GP Hub which was one nurse jabbing

and one on a PC asking the questions whilst linked to my medical file.

Maybe the bigger NHS Hubs using the Army etc do not have that "full access"" link and 

therefore ask about your medication . :classic_unsure:

Ours was at a large hub in the local sports centre with about dozen stations all with PC assess.

27 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Mixed messages from Matt Hancock and boss of NHS. They clearly said this morning both over 65's and clinically vulnerable adults could book a jab today. As others have found out this is incorrect. I like Hancock but he must be more careful when he gives out information to the public.

Yes it’s very frustrating, especially as many in the 60-64 age group are now reporting getting jabbed. I don’t blame these folk at all, as I would say yes the second I was called, but it makes me wonder if all surgeries are following the correct priority order. There are 7.3m in group 6, which has ‘supposedly’ started just today and these people should be jabbed before group 7 (60-64). Most surgeries will have an awful lot of people in group 6 (it’s the biggest group by far) and good on them if they’ve jabbed all these people prior to the official start date for this group (although I somehow doubt it), yet they have started on group 7 which the government & NHS haven’t  even announced has commenced yet! 

5 minutes ago, Bloodaxe said:

Ours was at a large hub in the local sports centre with about dozen stations all with PC assess.

Ours was a large medical centre with about 10-12 rooms , you were called into one of them once jabbed we had to wait 10 minutes in a large foyer before they let you go 

Edited by kalos

9 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Yes it’s very frustrating, especially as many in the 60-64 age group are now reporting getting jabbed. I don’t blame these folk at all, as I would say yes the second I was called, but it makes me wonder if all surgeries are following the correct priority order. There are 7.3m in group 6, which has ‘supposedly’ started just today and these people should be jabbed before group 7 (60-64). Most surgeries will have an awful lot of people in group 6 (it’s the biggest group by far) and good on them if they’ve jabbed all these people prior to the official start date for this group (although I somehow doubt it), yet they have started on group 7 which the government & NHS haven’t  even announced has commenced yet! 

I just did a check.

Aged 64 with a health issue of Heart Attack December 2019.

It said I have not qualified yet.

Maybe Boris might clarify tonight on his 5pm briefing. 

Screenshot_20210111_181236_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.jpg

Edited by grapau27

11 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

A friend of my wife has just told her that her daughter and son in law, both in their 30's, have had a letter and being jabbed on Friday. Both have underlying health conditions, not too serious, he has manual job in a warehouse. What is going on ?

Edited by bobstheboy
Typo
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

A friend of my wife has just told her that her daughter and son in law, both in their 30's, have had a letter and being jabbed on Friday. Both have underlying health conditions, not too serious, he has manual job in a warehouse. What I'd going on ?

Good for them but confusing for the rest of us.

I wonder if they are doing this in alphabetical order for cohort 6?.

4 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

A friend of my wife has just told her that her daughter and son in law, both in their 30's, have had a letter and being jabbed on Friday. Both have underlying health conditions, not too serious, he has manual job in a warehouse. What is going on ?

Was talking to the S I L  this morning and she was asking the very same question ? 

Had her breast cancer removed  and now deemed in remission and on medication ,

does not even qualify as on the moderate list, wife has heart issues but not on the list .

Hopefully next week they will be on the list ,fingers crossed :classic_unsure:

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I just did a check.

Aged 64 with a health issue of Heart Attack December 2019.

It said I have not qualified yet.

Maybe Boris might clarify tonight on his 5pm briefing. 

Screenshot_20210111_181236_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.jpg

Hi Graham has your Dr found other issues with your heart (I hope not )

because if not I do not think having a stent fitted is in the "at risk group

for the 16-65 year olds ."  I hope your OK mate .:classic_smile:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Bloodaxe said:

We were not asked any questions about medication just if we had any other vaccinations recently.

We were asked if we had any allergies that needed an epi-pen, took blood thinners, had previously contracted covid or had a flu jab within the last 14 days.

Avril

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

DW was in the 60-64 group 7 on Sunday moving into 65+ group 5 as her birthday was today. Just for fun, we tried booking through the app yesterday and expected a not eligible message. Surprise, surprise, she was able to book both doses. No letter yet.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, kalos said:

Hi Graham has your Dr found other issues with your heart (I hope not )

because if not I do not think having a stent fitted is in the "at risk group

for the 16-65 year olds ."  I hope your OK mate .:classic_smile:

When I queried the stent for flying the practice nurse a year ago said it comes under the category Chronic Heart Disease?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, zap99 said:

DW was in the 60-64 group 7 on Sunday moving into 65+ group 5 as her birthday was today. Just for fun, we tried booking through the app yesterday and expected a not eligible message. Surprise, surprise, she was able to book both doses. No letter yet.

I wouldn't worry about the letter. OH got his letter this morning, he was called by the doctor's surgery Tuesday or Wednesday last week to book his appointment and had his vaccination on Saturday.

• Like 1

Many thanks to all of you with encouragement - it spurred me on to try the Nottingham no. again.  After 30 minutes on hold!  I finally got through to a nice sounding young man who took our  details, DOB, NHS number and asked who the GP was, and are we on their housebound list.   He then said the home vaccination team would phone to arrange a visit, probably within the next two weeks as they hope to get all the over 70s finished by then.   He seemed to agree that some GPs are being less than helpful to anyone who needs assistance.  

We will see what  happens.

• Like 11