Princess announcement re Medallion Class

1 hour ago, By The Bay said:

The other "if" is the travelers who arrive with the virus and go into quarantine with the possibility of it escaping, as it has done in the past.

Yes, that's a risk but then it wouldn't be "no local transmission". And then there is also the possibility of a mystery infection like NZ had. But both of those situations should be considered as acceptable risks as far as restarting cruising is concerned. Having a breakout at an embarkation port is more of a risk than at a port day stop but both can be managed. Also if all passengers and crew have been vaccinated there is virtually no risk the virus will cause problems onboard.

Let's face it, if we have to wait until the virus is eradicated world-wide then the cruise industry is dead.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

6 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Let's face it, if we have to wait until the virus is eradicated world-wide then the cruise industry is dead.

I think that sums it up......   if the bubble is strong enough... a vaccine is just icing on the cake...

Fingers crossed a a little common sense will prevail ....

In a far away country to the north east.... they a pinning all hope on the majical vaccine... but i feel they need to get thing under control first to give the vaccine a chance   and not hang on every word from the Coffee Donut Cake team......

Don.   ( hoping for a cruise nov 2021 )

• Like 1

On 12/4/2020 at 1:09 PM, Aus Traveller said:

Yes. The medallion is posted to the person's home prior to the cruise.

Sorry to burst this bubble - Princess only post Medallions to continental USA - we poor plebs (Canadians, UKs included) pick it up at the Ports. Seems Princess has no faith in the Aussie Postal system 🙄

Can my Medallion be shipped to my residence if I live outside the U.S.?
At this time home shipping is only available for U.S. residents. But all guests, can enjoy the expedited arrival benefits of getting OceanReady before embarkation. Medallions will be waiting at the port for guests living outside the U.S.

Edited by Porky55
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

Sorry to burst this bubble - Princess only post Medallions to continental USA - we poor plebs (Canadians, UKs included) pick it up at the Ports. Seems Princess has no faith in the Aussie Postal system 🙄

Yep. I received a letter yesterday posted 20/11 from Tuncurry. 25 days!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

Can my Medallion be shipped to my residence if I live outside the U.S.?
At this time home shipping is only available for U.S. residents. But all guests, can enjoy the expedited arrival benefits of getting OceanReady before embarkation. Medallions will be waiting at the port for guests living outside the U.S.

I'd rather not have it posted. I frequently combine a cruise with a land trip and am often away from home several weeks before embarkation.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, lyndarra said:

Yep. I received a letter yesterday posted 20/11 from Tuncurry. 25 days!

We are only getting postal deliveries two days a week down here. And if it rains, no deliveries on the postie bike. So today, pouring with rain, no post.

Edited by NSWP

3 minutes ago, NSWP said:

We are only getting postal deliveries two days a week down here. And if it rains, no deliveries on the postie bike. So today, pouring with rain, no post.

We have had some things delivered to us overnight and others that take several weeks, likewise for what we have sent to others. No rhyme or reason to it.

5 hours ago, NSWP said:

I was just talking to my dad who was expecting mail from their solicitor. My mum's arrived last week and Dad's still hasn't - posted on the same day. I asked how often they have mail delivered and he said every day. They live in Warrnambool in south west Victoria. In suburban Melbourne, we only have a delivery every second day which means three days one week and two days the next. Parcels seem to be delivered every day of the week.

Leigh

9 minutes ago, possum52 said:

I was just talking to my dad who was expecting mail from their solicitor. My mum's arrived last week and Dad's still hasn't - posted on the same day. I asked how often they have mail delivered and he said every day. They live in Warrnambool in south west Victoria. In suburban Melbourne, we only have a delivery every second day which means three days one week and two days the next. Parcels seem to be delivered every day of the week.

Leigh

Parcels down here are by Aust post contractor, like yours would be probably, dailyservice, Aust post posties, not so.

Edited by NSWP

15 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Parcels down here are by Aust post contractor, like yours would be probably, dailyservice, Aust post posties, not so.

Yes true Les but my parents have a mail delivery every week day, you and I don't. Why is that?

Leigh

On 12/13/2020 at 7:38 PM, NSWP said:

But not 25 million !

18 million Australians were vaccinated this year for the flu. So taking the under-18s out of the equation, and if pharmacies were used, and if it were the AstraZeneca vaccine which doesn't need ultra-refrigeration, it shouldn't be too big an ask.

I think the fact that they're waiting until March though, is a mistake on the Government's behalf - that's the time we'd start having our flu shots so the covid vaccine will interfere with that. I suppose if we each have a month or more notice of when we'll get our covid vaccine we could schedule the flu one around it.

26 minutes ago, LittleFish1976 said:

18 million Australians were vaccinated this year for the flu. So taking the under-18s out of the equation, and if pharmacies were used, and if it were the AstraZeneca vaccine which doesn't need ultra-refrigeration, it shouldn't be too big an ask.

I think the fact that they're waiting until March though, is a mistake on the Government's behalf - that's the time we'd start having our flu shots so the covid vaccine will interfere with that. I suppose if we each have a month or more notice of when we'll get our covid vaccine we could schedule the flu one around it.

The stronger flu vaccine recommended for seniors usually doesn't come out until mid-April so hopefully they won't clash.

We saw our GP today and he doesn't know how they'll distribute it yet. It will depend on which vaccine we get. The AstraZenica one could be handled in doctor's surgeries but the Pfizer one might need special vaccination clinics.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, LittleFish1976 said:

I am thinking that the Health advice given to the Australian Government is to be cautious. Wait and see what happens with the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines. They could be also waiting for the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine to be approved. It will be cheaper and easier to transport than the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines. I also read that the Oxford vaccine could be included with the annual flu shot.

• Like 1

The ABC is reporting the following:

"Queensland health officials will spend the next 24 hours closely monitoring a coronavirus outbreak in Sydney's Northern Beaches before making a decision on whether border restrictions will need to be reimposed. Authorities have urged Queenslanders to wait until Friday before travelling south in case the situation worsens."

I would be reluctant to plan any travel to QLD over the Christmas - New Year period. The threat of having to go into quarantine is not worth it.🤔

WA is also urging caution regarding travel with NSW. Caveat Emptor. ☹️

"WA Premier Mark McGowan says there is a "prospect" the state's hard border with New South Wales could be reintroduced, but no decision will be made until health authorities learn how significant the spread of COVID-19 may be. "Just be aware that if you go to New South Wales there is a prospect, a prospect, that a hard border might be put up and that's something I can't give firm advice on at this point in time, but there is a prospect," Mr McGowan said. "So you just need to be aware, if you're travelling, that that sort of arrangement may come into being."