Princess messages the new cruising guidelines.

Nashna

12 minutes ago, clo said:

So what? If you haven't by now figured out that there's no privacy then...well, I don't believe it. You're clearly intelligent. I do nothing that I give a doo-doo if someone else knows about.

😂😂 I’m almost 70 now! I might answer that question differently today than 40 years ago! 🥴

Ask me no questions, I tell you no lies! 😳

Political Correctness has changed the world we live in!

Edited by pinotlover
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, pinotlover said:

😂😂 I’m almost 70 now! I might answer that question differently today than 40 years ago! 🥴

Ask me no questions, I tell you no lies! 😳

LOL. Well, kiddo, I'll be 74 next year. I'd brag about what I did 40 years ago 🙂 If anyone's that interested then go for it!!!

32 minutes ago, Hawaiidan said:

oh.....you mean you would have no control over it.......That sounds a bit 1984 big brother where  governments could track your every move.....for any reason the choose.   Scary potential to be used for any purpose.  

Don't worry too much.

They're not planning on the mandatory chip implants for at least another 15 years.

Those will be quite handy then, as we'll likely be in the midst of another pandemic.

Edited by Tranquility Base
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/6/2020 at 4:29 PM, Jancruz said:

Not sure why we are discussing Princess believe me..Oceania could care less what they do..has no effect on O at all..

Jancruz1

Because Princess put out a statement that actually says very little and means even less. Oceania says nothing and discloses none of their perceived new protocols. OK, no self serve in the Terrace! Strikingly new! 

I had a cruise booked in Jan with a

PiF date of Nov 30th and Oceania wouldn’t cancel the cruise until after that date. We had cancelled on our own when all the countries had said no cruise ships were allowed. There is a point where claiming “ we don’t know perpetuates fraud on FDR’s part. 

So we talk about Princess because FDR discloses so little that he’s a joke. 

We actually learn from what cruise line say, and more importantly from what those that have actually sailed do. Silence can be Golden, but it can also be totally uninformative.

What is Oceania’s new capacity controls look like? What levels of capacity are they booking to and for

how long out?

How does Oceania plan on controlling physical distancing and implementing the new boarding protocols? Disembarkment?

Jancruz, you say they don’t have a clue! Really?? 

Yeah we talk about Princess because they’ll talk about themselves.

Jancruz, I actually like you and

highly respect your posts. But even cheerleaders have to get a grip.

Edited by pinotlover
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

Because Princess put out a statement that actually says very little and means even less. Oceania says nothing and discloses none of their perceived new protocols. OK, no self serve in the Terrace! Strikingly new! 

I can't thank you enough for this post. For me anyway "trustworthyness" is going to be huge. Communicating with one's customers honestly and frequently. I'm no VIP but I've not gotten a single word from O. Anyway, thanks.

12 hours ago, pinotlover said:

We actually learn from what cruise line say, and more importantly from what those that have actually sailed do. Silence can be Golden, but it can also be totally uninformative.

What is Oceania’s new capacity controls look like? What levels of capacity are they booking to and for

how long out?

How does Oceania plan on controlling physical distancing and implementing the new boarding protocols? Disembarkment?

I posted what I did about Princess because I had experience with some of what they were touting in order to get potential customers (and their deposit money) more comfortable with the idea of getting back onto a cruise ship.  I don't blame Oceania for not broadcasting what plans they will make as nobody has any idea of what the CDC will still want to do once there are reliable vaccines available.  I read 'The Framework' and it is extremely vague about what they will require for a ship to get a Conditional Sailing Order and there is absolutely no references at all to the existence of a Covid Vaccine.  I believe that is why CDC referred to it as a 'framework' as opposed to a policy or order.  Even the CDC doesn't know what cruising should look like in the months to come.

So, if the CDC doesn't have an idea of what needs to be done, how would Oceania be able to say what will happen?

Edited by Daniel A

16 hours ago, pinotlover said:

I had a cruise booked in Jan with a

PiF date of Nov 30th and Oceania wouldn’t cancel the cruise until after that date. We had cancelled on our own when all the countries had said no cruise ships were allowed. There is a point where claiming “ we don’t know perpetuates fraud on FDR’s part. 

how long out?

Yeah we talk about Princess because they’ll talk about themselves.

Jancruz, I actually like you and

highly respect your posts. But even cheerleaders have to get a grip.

Hi..

I like and respect you also..I really dont consider myself a cheerleader but someone that tries to keep CC up to date with what the decision makers are thinking and saying..I speak to someone there either FDR, Bob Or Nathan at least once a week..I also am VERY curious as to the answers we all want to know..I had two cruises canceled on me this year where I was going with many friends....sometimes I know whats happening but cant say but in this case truly..things change every day so how can anyone say for sure what is going to happen..I know FDR will not let anyone on board the ships until he feels they are very safe..he has told me and others that many times..what good is it to make a statement if it changes in two days..you say "Because Princess put out a statement that actually says very little and means even less. Oceania says nothing and discloses none of their perceived new protocols. OK, no self serve in the Terrace! Strikingly new! "..In reality what good is it to hear that..tomorrow it can be completely different..by the time we start sailing I bet there will be self serve..so even that may be  a fantasy..We all want answers but if they are not the truth what good is it????

Feel free to ask me anything you would like to know and I will try to get the answer and ask if I can post..

Keep the faith and stay safe..

Jancruz1

• Like 4

Reading on the Royal Caribbean thread about the Quantum returning to Singapore with a Covid case onboard. 

Apparently they are using the devices everyone onboard is issued to identify close contacts of the person. 

The electronic tracing onboard is proving a useful tool to help ringfence this outbreak.

13 hours ago, Jancruz said:

Hi..

I like and respect you also..I really dont consider myself a cheerleader but someone that tries to keep CC up to date with what the decision makers are thinking and saying..I speak to someone there either FDR, Bob Or Nathan at least once a week..I also am VERY curious as to the answers we all want to know..I had two cruises canceled on me this year where I was going with many friends....sometimes I know whats happening but cant say but in this case truly..things change every day so how can anyone say for sure what is going to happen..I know FDR will not let anyone on board the ships until he feels they are very safe..he has told me and others that many times..what good is it to make a statement if it changes in two days..you say "Because Princess put out a statement that actually says very little and means even less. Oceania says nothing and discloses none of their perceived new protocols. OK, no self serve in the Terrace! Strikingly new! "..In reality what good is it to hear that..tomorrow it can be completely different..by the time we start sailing I bet there will be self serve..so even that may be  a fantasy..We all want answers but if they are not the truth what good is it????

Feel free to ask me anything you would like to know and I will try to get the answer and ask if I can post..

Keep the faith and stay safe..

Jancruz1

Thanks for posting what you can from your sources, it’s very useful. 

I can imagine some of the strategy meetings at Oceania and indeed any cruise line are both very eye opening and also very frustrating for all involved. 

Just had my March Cruise to nowhere on Cunard cancelled...

Edited by ToxM

8 hours ago, ToxM said:

Thanks for posting what you can from your sources, it’s very useful. 

I can imagine some of the strategy meetings at Oceania and indeed any cruise line are both very eye opening and also very frustrating for all involved. 

Just had my March Cruise to nowhere on Cunard cancelled...

Thanks for the kind words..Just got off  45 minute Fireside Zoom featuring FDR..he said a lot of what I always say..no one knows enough to make plans..he feels that when they START UP  the ships will be 50% full..which I found very enlightening..they are bring staff back to the ships slowly..a lot depends on what the vaccine brings of course..they dont know if you will have to be vaccinated to get on ships..actually they dont know anything in stone..

you might be able to find his chat on line it was with Travel Leaders with John Lovell..

Jancruz1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It seems that NCLH can and should do better. Viking has been able to announce health protocol specifics including:

Mandatory daily PCR testing for all passengers and crew

Daily health questionnaires and temperature checks for all passengers and crew

Smaller group airport transfers

Staggered embarkation times

Mandatory mask wearing except while seated in restaurants, bars and lounges

Only Viking-sponsored tours permitted in ports of call

Of course Viking has been rather honest  with its passengers from day one, canceling cruises well into the future before most other lines did and not taking the month-by-month cancellation approach that NCLH has .

Here's the Cruise Critic article :

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/5783/

Edited by njhorseman
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

It seems that NCLH can and should do better. Viking has been able to announce health protocol specifics including:

Of course Viking has been rather honest  with its passengers from day one, canceling cruises well into the future before most other lines did and not taking the month-by-month cancellation approach that NCLH has .

Here's the Cruise Critic article :

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/5783/

They also dont know if what they said will happen..I like Viking but dont like the fact you have to pay for it so far in advance.,thats why each person has their favorite line..

Jancruz1

30 minutes ago, Jancruz said:

I like Viking but dont like the fact you have to pay for it so far in advance.

Jancruz; I would like to add my thanks for your posting on the forum, and passing on info as much as you are allowed.

Appreciated.

Re Viking.

I had been thinking about trying them out for a while.

Very recently I booked with them for the first time for later in 2022.

Less than 5% deposit;

Final payment 4 months out;

Booked under the 'risk free' promo. You can postpone up to 24 hours before embarking, and then have another 2 years to use the issued future credit on any cruise.

Obviously this is a Covid response promo, but it's the best I've seen with the 24 hour option to postpone to a future cruise.

Jancruz;

A clarification, if possible, please.

2 hours ago, Jancruz said:
2 hours ago, Jancruz said:

Thanks for the kind words..Just got off  45 minute .a lot depends on what the vaccine brings of course..they dont know if you will have to be vaccinated to get on ships..actually they dont know anything in stone..

Jancruz1

Should I take this to mean that NCLH will not require vaccinations if the governing bodies don’t going into the future?

If Oceania was planning on requiring vaccinations 💉, they they would know if they will be required.

When vaccinations are available, and those not vaccinated are allowed on the ship, then all passengers become subject to severe cruise disruptions. Since we expect to be vaccinated several months before our next booked cruise, this could make me weary of sailing with them. The issue doesn’t go away.

2 hours ago, njhorseman said:

I thought  Oceania /NCLH  had a similar  posted months ago ?

then the crabbing started about  ship's tours etc

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/health

6 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

When vaccinations are available, and those not vaccinated are allowed on the ship, then all passengers become subject to severe cruise disruptions. Since we expect to be vaccinated several months before our next booked cruise, this could make me weary of sailing with them. The issue doesn’t go away.

Thanks for bringing this up. We have an O cruise scheduled for 9/22. If vaccinations aren't required we'll be canceling by 6/22 deadline

9 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

Jancruz;

A clarification, if possible, please.

Should I take this to mean that NCLH will not require vaccinations if the governing bodies don’t going into the future?

If Oceania was planning on requiring vaccinations 💉, they they would know if they will be required.

The answer is the crew will have to be vaccinated and checked but from what I heard NCL still doesnt know if they will be asking if pax have been vaccinated...we are  still 5 or 6  months away..do you know what the future holds??? If you are not comfortable if they decide not to ask..I suggest you dont sail with them..I will get my vaccination soon and then I am not going to worry..let the people without vaccinations do the worrying....I cant help it that this is my positive attitude..and always has been..we are completely locked in at this point in CA and I am looking forward  to my October cruise..I know I will have been vaccinated as will Stu with both doses of whatever we can get..

Jancruz1

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

I thought  Oceania /NCLH  had a similar  posted months ago ?

then the crabbing started about  ship's tours etc

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/health

The NCLH Healthy Sail Panel recommendations do not include daily COVID-19 testing for all passengers and crew . The only requirement is pre-boarding testing, with a recommendation that cruise lines develop a program to monitor crew on an ongoing basis, but there is no specific crew testing program mandated.

Yes, the Healthy Sail Panel protocols, at least initially, do limit shore excursions.

Edited by njhorseman

I was telling my daughter about the talk and I remembered something..is it going to be legal to  ask if you were vaccinated..You remember freedom..what if someone says its no ones business can the cruise line legally keep them off..

I think we need a lawyers opinion..

Jancruz1

If the CEO of Qantus was correct, then just flying to Australia, NZ, and the EU will  require a vaccination. Therefore, if you board the ship there, the chances are everyone aboard will be vaccinated by late next year. If the US doesn’t have similar requirements, not sailing from the US will be easy.

Jancruz;  

For health and safety issues a lot of presumed personal freedoms can be infringed. Take mere quarantine for example. 

Edited by pinotlover
  • Like 1

Just now, pinotlover said:

If the CEO of Qantus was correct, then just flying to Australia, NZ, and the EU will  require a vaccination. Therefore, if you board the ship there, the chances are everyone will be vaccinated by late next year. If the US doesn’t have similar requirements, not sailing from the US will be easy.

Jancruz;  

For health and safety issues a lot of presumed personal freedoms can be infringed. Take mere quarantine for example. 

I dont know where you live but here in CA people are suing our Governor over the quarantine and some restaurants are not closing..taking the fine and going to court..its  a mess..one guy has been arrested twice (according to the news)alo the Supreme Court said people can go to church and I have no idea what else they have taken to court..I could cry this country is in such a mess..

Jancruz1

45 minutes ago, Jancruz said:

I dont know where you live but here in CA people are suing our Governor over the quarantine and some restaurants are not closing..taking the fine and going to court..its  a mess..one guy has been arrested twice (according to the news)alo the Supreme Court said people can go to church and I have no idea what else they have taken to court..I could cry this country is in such a mess..

Jancruz1

Here's some info from Johns Hopkins. I assume you're familiar with them.

https://hub.jhu.edu/2020/11/20/could-coronavirus-vaccines-become-mandatory/

This country is a mess because of the kind of people you describe. A bunch of whiners who are willing to let people die.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Tranquility Base said:

You need a cruise...🗻

You are so right..We did rent a house in Las Vegas in January just to see our kids, granddaughter and great grandaughter for a week..(Cooking in and sheltering in place) should feel better on my return..

Thanks for the GOOD advice..appreciate it,

Jancruz1