Norwegian is looking into Covid-19 vaccine requirement

YankeeFan4Ever

On 12/20/2020 at 8:50 AM, hallux said:

@david_sobeall this does is reinforce that Americans are selfish and no amount of restrictions, guidelines or other measures will protect us from each other. 

Please stop this childish, mass (and miss) characterization of 350 million people.

Edited by Formula280SS
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Formula280SS said:

Please stop this childish, mass (and miss) characterization of 350 million people.

Maybe I should have used the word "some"?  However, every day there are stories proving my point.  Just yesterday a local school district announced that they're starting the new year with at least 2 weeks of remote learning for all  because someone held an underage drinking party and sleepover that has now resulted in an outbreak forcing numerous students and adults associated with the district into quarantine.

• Like 3

It's not just the reckless behavior, for which there is too much, but probably less than 5% of population is behaving that badly.

It's the 50 or 60 or 70% of the population that is thinking "It's just a visit to my Mom, or my sister, or my Grandma."  It can't be this bad.  They assured me they are being safe.  But that family visit ends up being 12 people. And when you trace the behavior of the 11 others, you find they made a similar decision to visit someone recently.  And so on.  And then you see the millions that decided to travel for the holidays. That's why we are in a pickle.  

Also it's very hard to say no to your family.  My daughter's friend lives with us. They wanted to visit their friends for a traditional gathering. I said no. It was contentious.  Then the friend wanted to visit her mother for Christmas. I said no. It was another very contentious situation. In both cases they argued "but everyone attending has been staying isolated and safe."   That's in their eyes. We can't know it meets my standard of isolation.

My neighbor's daughter was sent home for the holidays from a NY SUNY school. The schools quarantined and tested all students so they could guarantee they went home healthy. The first thing she wanted to do?  Visit her boyfriend. "He's staying safe," she said. Who is strong enough to say no? Now she and two other members of her household have Covid.

And really, it's the fact that you get sick and spread it without symptoms for several days. People just aren't getting that.

Edited by PelicanBill
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, hallux said:

Maybe I should have used the word "some"?  That would have been better, and true with regard to any matter, not just the virus.  However, every day there are stories proving my point.  Just yesterday a local school district announced that they're starting the new year with at least 2 weeks of remote learning for all  because someone held an underage drinking party and sleepover that has now resulted in an outbreak forcing numerous students and adults associated with the district into quarantine.

Of course you will see the stories, across MSM, that prove the point they want to get.  They've been at it since March 2020, along with governance in certain geographies, relying on "the science" (but it is their science of course, not what you might even see or experience yourself).

Why are high school and college kids "not complying?"  Well, they've learned from the "crying wolf" that, even if they get it, it has almost zero consequences to them for hospitalization and certainly not for risk of death.  The concern is for them, and others, to limit the policies to protection of those most at risk of death which, the data is globally aggregated, highlight ELDERLY and those with SERIOUS underlying conditions.

The same can be said for the 30-50 year olds.

It doesn't help that those "doing the telling of the science and the lockdowns" have demonstrated that they, however, are exempt from such and merrily go on their way to break their own rules.

Again, the SCIENCE doesn't support the lockdowns, masks, social distancing or gatherings for those not in the "at risk of death categories."

That is the SCIENCE.

They, the storytellers, don't want that to be told.  So, they continue to scare people over and over.

Yet, when it comes to the vaccine priority, PRISONERS who have "cases" but "not deaths" get to PASS GO and head to the front of the line.  Nice.  Sorry Grandma, you can't see little Mary and John yet because the felons have needs too.  Again, they don't focus on those "at risk of death."

IMO, the biggest storyline of the pandemic of this virus.

We also self flagellate willingly here to this type of MSM and executive fiat leadership in the states.  We have EXPERIENCE at it and NOT relying on the science.

EXAMPLE

We can't use plastic straws, plastic forks and knives, plastic bags, plastic to-go containers, etc. and on and on.  WHY.  The OCEANS are filling with it and killing fish.

Really?

Where?

plastic.jpg.db0672ea668a47b7f64dcc34e370bb89.jpg

I could go on, the next on the list would be COAL PLANTS.  Same thing.

If we, in the states, eliminated 100% of our plastic waste ending up in the oceans, would it EVEN MAKE A DIFFERENCE in the above data for the planet?

(hint, no).

Oh well.  Hoping the vaccination get cranking and we can all have a couple of drinks in a lounger on a cruise on the open seas with bright sunshine and breeze and look back at the experience.

• Like 6

18 hours ago, Formula280SS said:

Of course you will see the stories, across MSM, that prove the point they want to get.  They've been at it since March 2020, along with governance in certain geographies, relying on "the science" (but it is their science of course, not what you might even see or experience yourself).

Why are high school and college kids "not complying?"  Well, they've learned from the "crying wolf" that, even if they get it, it has almost zero consequences to them for hospitalization and certainly not for risk of death.  The concern is for them, and others, to limit the policies to protection of those most at risk of death which, the data is globally aggregated, highlight ELDERLY and those with SERIOUS underlying conditions.

The same can be said for the 30-50 year olds.

It doesn't help that those "doing the telling of the science and the lockdowns" have demonstrated that they, however, are exempt from such and merrily go on their way to break their own rules.

Again, the SCIENCE doesn't support the lockdowns, masks, social distancing or gatherings for those not in the "at risk of death categories."

That is the SCIENCE.

They, the storytellers, don't want that to be told.  So, they continue to scare people over and over.

Yet, when it comes to the vaccine priority, PRISONERS who have "cases" but "not deaths" get to PASS GO and head to the front of the line.  Nice.  Sorry Grandma, you can't see little Mary and John yet because the felons have needs too.  Again, they don't focus on those "at risk of death."

IMO, the biggest storyline of the pandemic of this virus.

We also self flagellate willingly here to this type of MSM and executive fiat leadership in the states.  We have EXPERIENCE at it and NOT relying on the science.

EXAMPLE

We can't use plastic straws, plastic forks and knives, plastic bags, plastic to-go containers, etc. and on and on.  WHY.  The OCEANS are filling with it and killing fish.

Really?

Where?

plastic.jpg.db0672ea668a47b7f64dcc34e370bb89.jpg

I could go on, the next on the list would be COAL PLANTS.  Same thing.

If we, in the states, eliminated 100% of our plastic waste ending up in the oceans, would it EVEN MAKE A DIFFERENCE in the above data for the planet?

(hint, no).

Oh well.  Hoping the vaccination get cranking and we can all have a couple of drinks in a lounger on a cruise on the open seas with bright sunshine and breeze and look back at the experience.

I wish I could know you in real life. You're one of the few people who has any common sense on here and hasn't taken the bait of "be afraid! Don't live your life! Everyone is gonna die of COVID! Be scared and just do as you're told!" I'm nearly sick to death of all of the scare tactics, the cherrypicked data, the news media with an agenda (that conveniently includes ignoring or discrediting any scientist who doesn't agree to the script), and on and on. I take reasonable precautions in my life (reasonable AS I SEE FIT), and I'm certainly not allowing hypocritical politicians, media types with an axe to grind, or people online to tell me what to do. We need more people like @Formula280SS.

• Like 3

If they require the vaccine prior to cruising--- What happens to all of those who took the FCC last year when their cruise was cancelled? Especially if they fall into one of the groups that right now cannot get a vaccine, because there are not studies in those groups. Like the immune compromised , under age 16 , pregnant etc? Or if they have an sever allergic reaction to one of the ingredients of the vaccine? Do They lose the FCC or will they be able to get their money back. This is not a easy situation for some people.

• Like 1