Christmas greetings.

hollyjess

A very merry Christmas to all you regular posters, who have provided so much “entertainment “ and cheer whilst we have all been anxiously waiting for cruising to resume.

Also, your help and advice about all things related to cruising has been invaluable to me.

Fingers crossed, some of us will be boarding a ship in 2021!

Paula

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Kittyonions said:

A very merry Christmas to all you regular posters, who have provided so much “entertainment “ and cheer whilst we have all been anxiously waiting for cruising to resume.

Also, your help and advice about all things related to cruising has been invaluable to me.

Fingers crossed, some of us will be boarding a ship in 2021!

Paula

Welcome to our threads Paula.

Graham.

Hi Everyone.

This is my first ever post on any site!  I have been following all your threads for several months now and reading with interest your comments, recommendations, and funny replies.  I feel like a lot of you are now old friends so I just wanted to wish you all a very happy Christmas and hope and pray that we all, and our families, get into the New Year safely and with hope for the future.  With best wishes from Jane.  

PS.  I am a cruiser too - not just a reader of posts!

• Like 12

59 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Hi Everyone.

This is my first ever post on any site!  I have been following all your threads for several months now and reading with interest your comments, recommendations, and funny replies.  I feel like a lot of you are now old friends so I just wanted to wish you all a very happy Christmas and hope and pray that we all, and our families, get into the New Year safely and with hope for the future.  With best wishes from Jane.  

Welcome to this very odd place😄 and a very happy Christmas and New Year to you. I'm never sure how many of us actually go on cruises, but that seems vaguely immaterial at the moment.

I know Potters Bar well - come from Southgate (well, near Oakwood tube actually).

• Like 1

Thanks for your warm welcome Annie.  

You're so right about actually going on cruises being immaterial at the moment.  My next booking is for August 2022, having had 3 cancelled for 2021 so far.  I have a horrible feeling that 2021 is a write-off already but safety must come first.

I work in general practice and we are getting ready to start vaccinating on the Monday after Christmas which is really exciting.  

Well Potters Bar and Southgate are both in Tier 4 so we're in the same boat(!).

Thanks again and best wishes.

Jane

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Beckett said:

Hi Everyone.

Welcome to the mad house Jane, it's lovely to meet you. I was a reader of these posts for quite a while myself and only joined in February. The best thing I could have done, it boosted my spirits and made me cry with laughter. Have a very Happy Christmas and a Happy and healthy New Year. 

Avril

• Like 3

Hi Everyone.

Glad you have decided to join in. I think most of us read for a while before we take the plunge and post. Welcome.

• Like 2

Hi Everyone.

Welcome Jane and a very Merry Christmas to you. 

Andy & Michelle 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Beckett said:

Hi Everyone.

Welcome to our threads Jane.

Wishing you and your family a merry and safe Christmas.

Graham.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Beckett said:

Hi Everyone.

Welcome to the forum.

• Like 1

Merry Christmas to everybody, whether relative newcomers to this site or the old stagers who we have come to know and love (at least most). We can only look forward to a better year next year and hopefully a proper Christmas in 2021. Hopefully, before then we will have been on Aurora (again) and Iona. Can’t come soon enough.

• Like 10

11 hours ago, Beckett said:

Well Potters Bar and Southgate are both in Tier 4 so we're in the same boat(!).

Thanks again and best wishes.

Jane

Bad luck, Jane. I escaped London in 1973, and at present in a tier 2 area. Doubt that will last much longer, though.

All the best.

8 hours ago, pete14 said:

Merry Christmas to everybody, whether relative newcomers to this site or the old stagers who we have come to know and love (at least most). We can only look forward to a better year next year and hopefully a proper Christmas in 2021. Hopefully, before then we will have been on Aurora (again) and Iona. Can’t come soon enough.

Well said Pete, sums up perfectly how we are all feeling at the moment. 

A very Merry Christmas to you and your family. 

Andy 

• Like 3

Phew!! Everything done now so here is a Very Merry Christmas to everyone out there. Was anyone lucky enough to see the star last night? Nothing visible here unfortunately, never mind perhaps in another 400 years! Wishing everyone the very best for 2021 😁

Yvonne

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Rupert2251 said:

Phew!! Everything done now so here is a Very Merry Christmas to everyone out there. Was anyone lucky enough to see the star last night? Nothing visible here unfortunately, never mind perhaps in another 400 years! Wishing everyone the very best for 2021 😁

Yvonne

Disappointingly but understandably, we had the same cloudy skies as you last night so no star visible. At least I wasn’t tempted to follow what I couldn’t see, perhaps I need more faith. It seems I will have to find an alternate use for the gold, frankincense and myrrh. One of them should be easier than the others. 🛳✈️

• Like 3

Thank you all so much for making me incredibly welcome.  I really feel that I've made new friends overnight.  Once again, Happy Christmas and New Year to you all and I look forward to posting again soon. At this rate I'll soon be in double figures!

Keep safe, well, and hopeful.

Best wishes.

Jane

x

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Thank you all so much for making me incredibly welcome.  I really feel that I've made new friends overnight.  Once again, Happy Christmas and New Year to you all and I look forward to posting again soon. At this rate I'll soon be in double figures!

Best wishes.

Jane

x

Another warm welcome from me too.

Merry Christmas.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

How are you feeling now? (Sorry if my memory's gone to pot, but I think you were struggling a bit a few days ago).

Thanks for you concern Annie.

I'm doing better, the tree is up but very sparcely decorated as we can't find all the decorations. I've been busy baking, making sweets as I'm doing Christmas hampers for my family this year which has kept me busy. Now beginning to panic that I'm not going to get them done in time!!

• Like 4

Just now, purplesea said:

Thanks for you concern Annie.

I'm doing better, the tree is up but very sparcely decorated as we can't find all the decorations. I've been busy baking, making sweets as I'm doing Christmas hampers for my family this year which has kept me busy. Now beginning to panic that I'm not going to get them done in time!!

Good. Deep breaths - I'm not allowed to decorate my tree as I can take hours and still it looks like it's been under sustained fire in a war zone. 

Hope you get them done and if you don't you've at least tried - I fear Tesco has made my mince pies (little tip: rough them up a bit, and they'll look authentically home-made) and just about everything else, so hats off to you. My limit has been a couple of very eccentric looking sausage plaits and some quiches, plus the stuffings and desserts and that's my lot.

Happy Christmas.

2 hours ago, Beckett said:

Best wishes.

Jane

x

Hi sorry, never said 'Hello' Jane. Welcome to CC. I only visited for a one off when booking a cruise on Ocean Village and have stayed ever since ! You've picked a great forum to join 😉

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Hi sorry, never said 'Hello' Jane. Welcome to CC. I only visited for a one off when booking a cruise on Ocean Village and have stayed ever since ! You've picked a great forum to join 😉

I couldn't agree more Presto. 

Avril

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I couldn't agree more Presto. 

Avril

Oh was going to add that Jane would sadly also come across some annoying posts / posters but that she just needs to pour a glass of something and, even if she writes a response, not to press submit. Ha ha ha ha. We've all been there !  We are not perfect but it is such a friendlier place over here than I've known in a long time -- think we first started to check it out in 2009.

Funnily enough, have just wandered over to the Celebrity Boards to wish them a happy Christmas as I spent most of 2019 over there. Could not find their Happy 'Holiday' thread. No thread like the 'How are things where you are?" --- and that is all thanks to our lovely TV star Sharon who started it way back in March and has let us all get to know one another.

Happy Christmas everyone  🙂

• Like 4