14 day cruises out of NYC....will they ever return?

Red-Sol

Just wondering what people think the future might hold for any 14 day cruises out of NYC. We love cruising from anywhere we don't need to fly to...and also love the 14 day itineraries (especially winter cruises out NYC) I know there aren't any scheduled now...but hope they will be back once things finally settle down. Anyone have thoughts that this will or won't happen?

• Like 1

I don't see why those cruises wouldn't return.  It's all speculation and a guessing game as to when that will be however, other than it won't be anytime soon.   Many events have to occur before extended cruises start but no need to beat that dead horse yet again.

Edited by ColeThornton
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, ColeThornton said:

I don't see why those cruises wouldn't return.  It's all speculation and a guessing game as to when that will be however, other than it won't be anytime soon.   Many events have to occur before extended cruises start but no need to beat that dead horse yet again.

DITTO!

43 minutes ago, Red-Sol said:

Just wondering what people think the future might hold for any 14 day cruises out of NYC. We love cruising from anywhere we don't need to fly to...and also love the 14 day itineraries (especially winter cruises out NYC) I know there aren't any scheduled now...but hope they will be back once things finally settle down. Anyone have thoughts that this will or won't happen?

I have a longer cruise booked that comes close; an 11 day Southern Caribbean cruise on Anthem OTS, out of Bayonne, NJ (Cape Liberty). Also, it's a winter departure, leaving Jan 20, 2022.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ColeThornton said:

I think over the next 6 months things will start to become much clearer with regards to any and all cruising. (At least there is now real hope) 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, farmersfight said:

I have a longer cruise booked that comes close; an 11 day Southern Caribbean cruise on Anthem OTS, out of Bayonne, NJ (Cape Liberty). Also, it's a winter departure, leaving Jan 20, 2022.

Thanks for that...I will keep it in mind when I feel that there is a little more certainty in future sailings/itineraries. Maybe by late spring there will be more certainty around any itineraries that show today along with (hopefully) new ones to be added. No problems picking Royal if that ends up being the best available (We actually lost a 7 day cruise on Oasis out of Bayonne this past May)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Red-Sol said:

No problems picking Royal if that ends up being the best available (We actually lost a 7 day cruise on Oasis out of Bayonne this past May)

Hopefully, I'll be trying my first Oasis-class ship, Allure OTS. I'm booked on her for a 14 day eastbound TA out of Port Everglades, FL (destination, Barcelona, Spain) on April 24, 2022.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, farmersfight said:

Hopefully, I'll be trying my first Oasis-class ship, Allure OTS. I'm booked on her for a 14 day eastbound TA out of Port Everglades, FL (destination, Barcelona, Spain) on April 24, 2022.

We have sailed on both Oasis and Allure.... the ships themselves are quite spectacular actually. You will have a great time! I am sure by that date normalcy will be back!

If you like roast beef sandwiches and salads be sure to stop in at Park Cafe.

Edited by Red-Sol
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Red-Sol said:

We have sailed on both Oasis and Allure.... the ships themselves are quite spectacular actually. You will have a great time! I am sure by that date normalcy will be back!

Thanks! The price of the cruise was a great deal, even for me as a solo. I even booked a balcony, albeit a Central Park view balcony.

Where else but on an Oasis-class ships do you have interior balconies?

1 hour ago, farmersfight said:

You raise an interesting question @farmersfight.  If the CDC bans cruises over 7 days from U.S. ports, how does one do a 14 day transatlantic?  I suppose we hightail it to the Azores and reset the clock from there. 

4 hours ago, Red-Sol said:

Hoping for the best.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HuliHuli said:

You raise an interesting question @farmersfight.  If the CDC bans cruises over 7 days from U.S. ports, how does one do a 14 day transatlantic?  I suppose we hightail it to the Azores and reset the clock from there. 

My gosh, by April 2022, I hope things will have returned to some form of "normalcy" (with the vaccine(s) available to everybody) and that the CDC will have rescinded/relaxed that restriction by then.

5 hours ago, Red-Sol said:

Have faith Red-Sol.  Life returned to normal here after 9/11.  Life will return to normal after the pandemic.

There were changes in 2001 and there will be changes in 2021...but we will get there.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MsTabbyKats said:

Have faith Red-Sol.  Life returned to normal here after 9/11.  Life will return to normal after the pandemic.

There were changes in 2001 and there will be changes in 2021...but we will get there.

Yes...I'm firmly in the camp of..."I believe"...or maybe the Grateful Dead lyrics of "We will get by...we will survive" 😊

• Like 2

2 hours ago, EllieinNJ said:

I had a Carnival cruise cancelled from September and because they were offering $600 OBC to rebook I finally booked a 14 day R/T Panama Canal from Baltimore for Oct. 2022.  Only 4 hours from NY.  Hear parking is only $15/day.

This might be another option down the road for us. Although we live in New York State (Western) we can actually get to Baltimore driving in slightly less time than NYC.

8 hours ago, Red-Sol said:

We booked a 12 day and an 11 day cruise b2b in Jan 2023. A 23day cruise. First leg of the trip is from NYC to Panama Canal and the second leg is from the Panama Canal to NYC. 

You may find it to your liking

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, P_Mcruisers said:

We booked a 12 day and an 11 day cruise b2b in Jan 2023. A 23day cruise. First leg of the trip is from NYC to Panama Canal and the second leg is from the Panama Canal to NYC. 

What a great B2B cruise.  Sounds great, hope you enjoy it. 

😉

10 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

mscworldclass3.jpg

Under construction, the MSC World Class (205.7GT...and counting).

Thanks @Two Wheels Only. Very interesting. This MSC World Class (I think MSC is naming the 1st one MSC Europa or MSC World Europa) seems to be a combination of 1. Oasis of the Seas (twin superstructure w/boardwalk down the middle), 2. Scarlett Lady (new hydrodynamic bow) & 3. Mardi Gras (LNG propulsion). But the real important question is; where are the twin flow riders on the stern of the MSC World Class? (Just kidding...).

I found a real thorough preview of the MSC World Europa, if you have a few minutes to look at it (video is 22 min long). The video does a real good job of comparing the MSC World Europa to Allure of the Seas, Scarlett Lady & Mardi Gras. Also giving the pros & cons of the MSC World Europa.

For me, it going to take some getting used to the looks of that hydrodynamic bow (guess I can practice by looking at Scarlett Lady's bow).

Edited by farmersfight

9 hours ago, P_Mcruisers said:

That sounds absolutely wonderful! Thanks for sharing that idea...Will be taking a very hard look at possibly doing the same!

• Like 1

Hi.  We booked a back to back cruise on NCL Joy from New York, 9 day cruise to New England then 4 night cruise to Bermuda in September 2021.  We too like the winter 14 day cruises.  We were booked on the January 28th 14 day cruise on Gem.  Bummer.  Now they are doing 10 day Caribbean cruises in the winter which we booked for 2021.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VineyardsGal said:

Hi.  We booked a back to back cruise on NCL Joy from New York, 9 day cruise to New England then 4 night cruise to Bermuda in September 2021.  We too like the winter 14 day cruises.  We were booked on the January 28th 14 day cruise on Gem.  Bummer.  Now they are doing 10 day Caribbean cruises in the winter which we booked for 2021.

As we get into 2021 and  Itineraries start to become a little more firm...doing some form of back to back could always be a good option. Our last cruise was 14 days on Bliss this past January (disembarking the day of the Super Bowl...immediately before all hell broke loose.) It seems to me that the 14 day winter cruises out of NYC were always very popular and I still hold out hope that some time when it is deemed safe to do so they will add some again. Fingers crossed! 😉

Living in upstate NY we became fans of NCL because they have been running cruises from NYC longer than 7 days.  I really hope they stay flexible on ship scheduling for 2022 or even late 2021 to bring them back to NYC.  But we may have to wait a while and I have started planning to fly when it's safe to travel. 

During Covid I am hearing that people will not be allowed to book B2B.  Be careful.

I think that Transatlantic cruises during Covid will have to come in to a non-US port such as St. Maarten, then travel to Florida to start their season here.  I doubt the US is going to allow then to arrive after 10 days travel.  More likely:  There won't be passenger transatlantic cruises as the ships return to the US. They will use those as training time.

• Like 1

We were on the Bliss this year too.  We got on board the day you left.  We knew about the virus but didn't know how serious it would become.  We brought masks just in case but never used them.  At the buffet NCL crew served you.  Major cleaning on all touching points.  Major washy washy in sinks and sprays.  They did a good job keeping us safe.

• Like 2