alaska june 2021

Roaming Rover

It's really just a guessing game. We moved our Alaskan June 2021 cruise to mid August in the hopes that that might help. However, there is no way of knowing what the COVID situation might be by then and whether Vancouver will be open to ships and passengers by then either.

I’m betting that Alaska cruises will happen for 2021.  If HAL can get the crew vaccinated and require passengers to show proof of vaccination I’ll gladly board a ship in the US.  We booked our Alaska cruise a few months before the vaccine was approved so we chose August due to the uncertainty.   June is our favorite month to cruise Alaska.

OTTAWA — Canada will not agree to lifting a ban on non-essential travel with the United States until the coronavirus outbreak is significantly under control around the world, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said on Tuesday.

Trudeau’s comments were a clear indication that the border restrictions will last well into 2021. The two neighbours agreed to the ban in March and have rolled it over on a monthly basis ever since.

I would not count on Alaska 2021.

• Like 2

They are actively selling them.  I suspect if they do sail there will be restrictions and limited capacity.  Like you I am signed up for one also. My work schedule and family obligations limit me to that time period.  If I don’t sail in June it will be 2022 for me 

bottom line it will depend on the efficiency of the vaccine distribution 

46 minutes ago, Roaming Rover said:

Hi thanks for your views .We are from England so that also may be a problem if Canada opens its borders to us !!!! Please can you keep me updated if anything appears in your Canadian press. Thanks

Believe, it will be discussed here if Canada opens up, as it is so critical to the Alaska cruise season. Just monitor the board...it will be headline news.

Alaska has a governor who has basically ignored the pandemic and has left it up to municipalities to create their own mandates, and most of them have not bothered.  Most cities and villages are facing health care challenges, especially for those who need to travel to a higher level of care. Canada is aware of all of this.  Alaska does not have the virus under control.  I seriously doubt that there will be an Alaska tourism season in 2021, unfortunately.

• 1 month later...

Good Morning

We are also booked for an Alaska Cruise for June 20th on the Holland America Nieuw Amsterdam

At this time I don't think it will happen as Canada doesn't wants to open up its borders to the US.  Unfortunately, this cruise starts in Vancouver.  Final payment is in early March so I am really hoping that HA will cancel this by then.  

Our PM announced today that there will be new travel restrictions - COVID test upon arrival and then three days compulsory quarantine in a hotel (to be paid for by the traveller) while waiting for the results of the test.  I don't know how long that will last, and there was no mention about people who have had the vaccinations.

1 hour ago, Vict0riann said:

Our PM announced today that there will be new travel restrictions - COVID test upon arrival and then three days compulsory quarantine in a hotel (to be paid for by the traveller) while waiting for the results of the test.  I don't know how long that will last, and there was no mention about people who have had the vaccinations.

When is this supposed to take effect?