Bonus points for 2021 sailings

11 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It could be a great way for Royal to raise some cash.  Can you imagine how many people would make final payment if Royal started offering points on sailings that they cancel where final payment was made.  I’m sure you’d have lots booking cruises that they knew were never going to sail just to get the points.   Imagine how many new Pins there would be. 

Maybe they should start a program to buy points. Many already do this (airlines).  Then they can just keep raising the bar to obtain the higher levels. Maybe buy points to maintain a level. All good revenue generating ideas. 😎

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Maybe they should start a program to buy points. Many already do this (airlines).  Then they can just keep raising the bar to obtain the higher levels. Maybe buy points to maintain a level. All good revenue generating ideas. 😎

I'd buy pts to get to 340, reduced solo rates. I think it would be worth it...well, depends on the cost.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I'd buy pts to get to 340, reduced solo rates. I think it would be worth it...well, depends on the cost.

I'm over 340 points, but find that recent promotions of 60% off the second guest is a better deal for solo cruising. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/1/2021 at 10:23 AM, Anton said:

Yes.  Booking window now closes on January 31 and the double points sailing window is also extended to cruises sailing March 1, 2021, to March 31, 2022.

Glad to hear that. I wish they would extend it through 2022 since at this point it seems that most of 2021 will be a bust cruise wise. If our April 2021 doesn’t go, and it seems unlikely to go, then we will have lost 5 cruises (a total of over 45 days)  and since those were in suites and almost all ended up a FCC’s, that is quite a lot of money we left with RCL and a lot of points down the drain. I don’t blame RCL for this situation, not in the least, but it would be a nice gesture of loyal RCL cruisers in my opinion.

We look forward to seeing you all again on the high seas!

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

That's disappointing to hear that prices dont get better.

Many people don't realize that if you utilize the reduced solo supplement at 340 pts or better then your balcony discount is reduced for that sailing as well.

1 minute ago, MaritimeR&R said:

Many people don't realize that if you utilize the reduced solo supplement at 340 pts or better then your balcony discount is reduced for that sailing as well.

Nope I sure didnt realize that. Hmmm. Milwaukee 8, I think I just changed my mind about buying pts. Lol. 

Thanks good to know. 

That should not make a difference as they are supposed to calculate your new discount by multiplying the total cabin cost (without taxes)  by .75 than adding the taxes for one person.  Calculating it that way you would still be getting a fare less than with the 60% off the second guest.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

1 hour ago, lakelorain said:

I'm over 340 points, but find that recent promotions of 60% off the second guest is a better deal for solo cruising. 

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

That's disappointing to hear that prices dont get better.

That should not make a difference as they are supposed to calculate your new discount by multiplying the total cabin cost (without taxes)  by .75 than adding the taxes for one person.  Calculating it that way you would still be getting a fare less than with the 60% off the second guest.

36 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Nope I sure didnt realize that. Hmmm. Milwaukee 8, I think I just changed my mind about buying pts. Lol. 

Thanks good to know. 

you get 75% of your balcony discount.  Every one of my clients (340 Points and up) that I have booked as a solo has received a cheaper price than the website price for 2.

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The 60% off the second guest is cruise fare only.  Since there is only one of me, I only pay taxes and fees for one.  It's a better deal than my 50% off from C&A.  

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

you get 75% of your balcony discount.  Every one of my clients (340 Points and up) that I have booked as a solo has received a cheaper price than the website price for 2.

By using the 60% discount, I've been getting my entire balcony discount.  I've booked on board and with a travel agent and both have given me my entire balcony discount.

1 minute ago, lakelorain said:

The 60% off the second guest is cruise fare only.  Since there is only one of me, I only pay taxes and fees for one.  It's a better deal than my 50% off from C&A.  

What I am saying and I have had the pricing calculated this way many times for my clients is that you take the total price of the cabin for 2 at the current promo  without the taxes.  you then take that price and multiply it by .75  (which gives you the discount for above 340 points.

12 minutes ago, lakelorain said:

By using the 60% discount, I've been getting my entire balcony discount.  I've booked on board and with a travel agent and both have given me my entire balcony discount.

Here is a category 4D on Harmony priced with a Pinnacle discount.  One screenshot sows the pricing using the 60% off you just need to delete the taxes from the $2603 total to get the solo price using your method.

5he other screenshot shows the price using the 50% solo supplement. As you can see using the 50% solo supplement is quite a bit cheaper than using Royals 60% off.

I

2AF8957D-7E06-4FDB-83FF-D56DABA7184A.jpeg

DA16B52F-9F1D-4F17-9B19-15830BAA57CD.jpeg

Edited by Ourusualbeach

6 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Here is a category 4D on Harmony priced with a Pinnacle discount.  One screenshot sows the pricing using the 60% off you just need to delete the taxes from the $2603 total to get the solo price using your method.

5he other screenshot shows the price using the 50% solo supplement. As you can see using the 50% solo supplement is quite a bit cheaper than using Royals 60% off.

I

2AF8957D-7E06-4FDB-83FF-D56DABA7184A.jpeg

DA16B52F-9F1D-4F17-9B19-15830BAA57CD.jpeg

I understand what you are doing but on my 6 booked cruises the 60% off was a better deal that the solo discount(which is 50% off the second person price).  I can't show you my statements as I'm away from home for a few months.

3 minutes ago, lakelorain said:

I understand what you are doing but on my 6 booked cruises the 60% off was a better deal that the solo discount(which is 50% off the second person price).  I can't show you my statements as I'm away from home for a few months.

The example I gave for the solo cruiser included the 60% off.  The two are combinable.

Just saying that everytime I have booked this for my clients it is ALWAYS cheaper to book and get the 150% solo discount.  If your TA is not getting it priced this way you are losing out.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

4 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The example I gave for the solo cruiser included the 60% off.  The two are combinable.

Just saying that everytime I have booked this for my clients it is ALWAYS cheaper to book and get the 150% solo discount.  If your TA is not getting it priced this way you are losing out.

So, I thought I would mention that my TA is great while I’m here reading posts 🤩😎 Really looking forward to giving him more business, hopefully sooner than later!

I got my vaccine last week (health care providers, first responders) - got the Moderna, zero real symptoms (the tiniest tenderness at the injection spot the first night, but only if I turned to sleep on that side). Here is to hoping that this process picks up steam, to that end GA moves on to 65+  and their caregivers tomorrow. 🤙🏼👍🏼

Edited by AlohaLivin
  • Like 4

99% of the time, I cruise solo and for many years often questioned RCI's math when it came to arriving at my cruise fare. As a result, I asked to speak with a supervisor at the D+/Pinnacle desk and this was what was explained to me back in early 2017. I kept the file for reference:

Base price of the cabin (without any promotional price)
minus C&A balcony (usually prorated based on the promotion or if you are receiving a reduced solo supplement)
minus reduced solo supplement for more than 340 loyalty points
minus any promotional offer

The promotional offer is applied only after other discounts are given and will vary in amount based on the preceeding reductions and the order in which they are applied. 

Supposedly that was the way it was done prior to being able to press a button. Who knows; the explanation may have been just more doublespeak on RCI's part.

34 minutes ago, MaritimeR&R said:

99% of the time, I cruise solo and for many years often questioned RCI's math when it came to arriving at my cruise fare. As a result, I asked to speak with a supervisor at the D+/Pinnacle desk and this was what was explained to me back in early 2017. I kept the file for reference:

Base price of the cabin (without any promotional price)
minus C&A balcony (usually prorated based on the promotion or if you are receiving a reduced solo supplement)
minus reduced solo supplement for more than 340 loyalty points
minus any promotional offer

The promotional offer is applied only after other discounts are given and will vary in amount based on the preceeding reductions and the order in which they are applied. 

Supposedly that was the way it was done prior to being able to press a button. Who knows; the explanation may have been just more doublespeak on RCI's part.

They have made it much simpler now..

Take the price of the cabin fir 2 guests without the taxes after all eligible discounts have been applied and multiply by .75 and add back in one persons taxes.  

Very easy to price now as the DP340 code works on the website and also for travel agents unless being booked into a group in which case the TA has to call.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

They have made it much simpler now..

Take the price of the cabin fir 2 guests without the taxes after all eligible discounts have been applied and multiply by .75 and add back in one persons taxes.  

Very easy to price now as the DP340 code works on the website and also for travel agents unless being booked into a group in which case the TA has to call.  

Hello,

It would be simpler (in the UK) if either (1) the formula was loaded on the website, or (2) the single special prices were loaded on the website.

For 2022 there are only two cruises showing single special prices and they are the ones that were worked out for me and I have booked. I haven't booked any more as my poor TA spends hours on the 'phone to RCI only, at the end of the call, to be told he can be given the price but they don't know if he can book it until the price is confirmed.

I'll wait and book on board and have them do the work for my next ones.

Regards,

Cublet

I'm now curious that with cruises cancelling through April 2021, will they extend the bonus point offer farther into 2022?   I've got a nice TA lined up in April 2022 which would make leveling up quite a bit quicker.

4 minutes ago, Rewind said:

I'm now curious that with cruises cancelling through April 2021, will they extend the bonus point offer farther into 2022?   I've got a nice TA lined up in April 2022 which would make leveling up quite a bit quicker.

Might be some more information released tomorrow.  First Webinar of the year fir TA’s is tomorrow at noon.  

• Thanks 1