Bonus points for 2021 sailings

4 minutes ago, jammer913 said:

Does anyone know if Royal extended the booking deadline past 12/31/20 to earn bonus points on the 2021 sailings?

Yes.  Booking window now closes on January 31 and the double points sailing window is also extended to cruises sailing March 1, 2021, to March 31, 2022.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Anton said:

Yes.  Booking window now closes on January 31 and the double points sailing window is also extended to cruises sailing March 1, 2021, to March 31, 2022.

Just to clarify:  "sailing" means the "sail by" date, so the ship has to sail by 3/31/22.

2 hours ago, jammer913 said:

Great!!  I thought I missed the boat (sorry for the pun) on that promo.  Will definitely book today if they are open. Happy New Year everyone.

Lol you have a whole month.  Online is always open, I was just checking prices to alaska but think I'll wait for 2023 to be released. 

3 hours ago, Anton said:

Glad to hear I have a cruise booked for October 2021 and a B2B for March 20 & 27 2022.

10 hours ago, Anton said:

Good to know!  This means my March 5, 2022 cruise on Symphony will yield double points!

I am super duper excited about the double points!  Way back in the olden days, I had thought about doing an 8 night in 2021, pushing us into Diamond.  Instead, we’re doing a 6 night in Feb 2022, in a suite, which will push us waaay into Diamond 🙂. I know that the perks aren’t amazing as a Diamond, but I’m in it for the free drinks 🙂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, molly361 said:

I think the double points are going to work out as well as the $18 drink package did😇

You might be right!

I was however  surprised when they extended  double points to compensate for the Jan and Feb cancellations.   While I never expected the extension,  I suspect they may do it for every new month  cancelled.  It costs them NOTHING.   

RCCL doesn't  care how many are in a loyalty program,  it is the best "problem" for them to have.  They brag about the numbers at many  C&A events. I suspect RCCL  has  lost cruisers as  many are finding other vacation opportunities or might not like new protocols (or whatever they think they will be) .  Plus, I imagine  the entire  cruise industry will have a hard  time attracting new  cruisers.  

If we had taken our usual 2020 cruises and then our  expected  2021 cruises, we would  have  the  same points  when we  have the 2021 doubled.  One year of cruising  for double points vs. two years of cruising for single points.   Because the program did not grow in 2020, the  C&A numbers will be where they might have been,  had we  all  simply been able to cruise. 

19 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

You might be right!

I was however  surprised when they extended  double points to compensate for the Jan and Feb cancellations.   While I never expected the extension,  I suspect they may do it for every new month  cancelled.  It costs them NOTHING.   

RCCL doesn't  care how many are in a loyalty program,  it is the best "problem" for them to have.  They brag about the numbers at many  C&A events. I suspect RCCL  has  lost cruisers as  many are finding other vacation opportunities or might not like new protocols (or whatever they think they will be) .  Plus, I imagine  the entire  cruise industry will have a hard  time attracting new  cruisers.  

If we had taken our usual 2020 cruises and then our  expected  2021 cruises, we would  have  the  same points  when we  have the 2021 doubled.  One year of cruising  for double points vs. two years of cruising for single points.   Because the program did not grow in 2020, the  C&A numbers will be where they might have been,  had we  all  simply been able to cruise. 

I agree that they are going to lose cruisers.  Guess we will probably never know what % don't return too cruising.  All I know if most of my family and friends think I am nuts to want to get back on a cruise ship

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I agree that they are going to lose cruisers.  Guess we will probably never know what % don't return too cruising.  All I know if most of my family and friends think I am nuts to want to get back on a cruise ship

Many of mine thought I was crazy even prior to Covid.   From one or two all  I ever heard  was  " a cruise is just a floating petri dish"     ( unfortunately  one was just  Covid positive 2 weeks after a flight and stay and an AI.  Luckily she seems to be doing OK, so far)   

M  

9 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

They should be giving the points for canceled cruises at this point.

If people lift & shift, maybe... regular points for cruise L&S and regular points for the cruise you actually get to take... that way you get to move up in ranks for your next cruise while you loan them money interest free - 😁

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Just more wanting handouts. 

It could be a great way for Royal to raise some cash.  Can you imagine how many people would make final payment if Royal started offering points on sailings that they cancel where final payment was made.  I’m sure you’d have lots booking cruises that they knew were never going to sail just to get the points.   Imagine how many new Pins there would be. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1