Bonus points for 2021 sailings

25 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Might be some more information released tomorrow.  First Webinar of the year fir TA’s is tomorrow at noon.  

I know it's wishful thinking, but I'm hoping they'll address the 8 night situation (those that rotate with the 6 nighters)

1 minute ago, rockmom said:

I know it's wishful thinking, but I'm hoping they'll address the 8 night situation (those that rotate with the 6 nighters)

I don’t see that happening until sailings are set to resume.  Until then they will just be cancelled off as they have been in this latest round of cancellations.   It would be nice if they did, I just don’t see it happening. 

• Like 2

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

I don’t see that happening until sailings are set to resume.  Until then they will just be cancelled off as they have been in this latest round of cancellations.   It would be nice if they did, I just don’t see it happening. 

Totally agree, but was hoping they'd do what Celebrity did and make them all 7 nights. 

• Like 1

Anyone know if the double points will still be valid on the Quantum sailings before May 2021? Seems to be conflicting info on RCCL's website, some pages say March 2021 - March 2022 while others say Jan 2021 - Mar 2022, so I'm not too sure. Hoping it's the latter.

"For all bookings made before January 31, 2021, for sailings departing March 1, 2021 to March 31, 2022."

That is what I have noted for the terms & conditions. It doesn't affect us here because of the suspension, but it hardly seems fair for your Singapore sailings. 

On RCI's Singapore website page it states this under the T & C's so hopefully you are all good.

Double Points applies to new individual and group named bookings, and named existing bookings on all Eligible Bookings made before January 31, 2021. Double Points is available to existing Gold, Platinum, Emerald, Diamond, Diamond Plus, and Pinnacle Crown & Anchor Society members. Double Points provides Crown & Anchor Society members double Cruise Points on sailings departing on January 1, 2021 – March 31, 2022 (“Eligible Bookings”). Cruise Points will be applied once the guest has paid their booking in full and completed their sailing. When reserving, a valid Crown & Anchor Society member number must be included in the reservation. Offer excludes residents of China.

Whereas the Australian page says: Double Cruise Points on sailings departing on 1 May 2021 – 31 March 2022

So I think the T & C's are slightly different depending on which region you are in but it seems pretty clear on the Singapore website that you would be covered for cruises outta Singapore.

• Like 1

On 1/11/2021 at 1:31 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

They have made it much simpler now..

Take the price of the cabin fir 2 guests without the taxes after all eligible discounts have been applied and multiply by .75 and add back in one persons taxes.  

Very easy to price now as the DP340 code works on the website and also for travel agents unless being booked into a group in which case the TA has to call.  

Hello,

I thought I would look at the Single Special price vs 60% Off Second Passenger from first principles using algebra. Unless my algebra has failed me completely, it is a mathematical impossibility for the 60% off Second Passenger rate to be better than the 50% Single Special assuming the single passenger gets 75% of the C&A Balcony/Suite Discount and the same price per passenger is used for the 50% and 60% calculations.

Other, tiring, points: 2022 Prices ex UK for Single Special does not allow for 'Flash Sale' Discounts (but only £40 when I last booked it), a 'frank exchange of views' is taking place over transferability of Next Cruise OBC that has been denied to me in writing (but I've not finished yet!).

Regards,

Cublet

Edited by cublet

On 1/12/2021 at 5:56 PM, Kokomo91165 said:

They need to change the dates available for double points from 3/1/2021 - 3/31/22 to 5/1/2021 - 5/31/22.  

I think since we are not likely to sail until the fall of 2021 RCL  should just extend it through the end of 2022. I emailed a very complementary letter to Royal yesterday on my thoughts about this - none of this is their fault, and they have tried to help, but given that we have had continued cancellations it would be a lovely thing to extend this points offer (especially for cruisers who have left so much FCC money on the table and have now lost five or more cruises  [although there should not be criteria like that attached of course!]). I am just trying to hold out some hope still that our November back-to-back sail!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AlohaLivin said:

I think since we are not likely to sail until the fall of 2021 RCL  should just extend it through the end of 2022. I emailed a very complementary letter to Royal yesterday on my thoughts about this - none of this is their fault, and they have tried to help, but given that we have had continued cancellations it would be a lovely thing to extend this points offer (especially for cruisers who have left so much FCC money on the table and have now lost five or more cruises  [although there should not be criteria like that attached of course!]). I am just trying to hold out some hope still that our November back-to-back sail!

This is very much the type of thing I could see RCL doing once sailing has begun and a large part of the FCC and L&S money has booked and sailed, in order to attract NEW money.

I can't see them extending it if the majority of bookings are from FCC and L&S. They already have that money.

Edited for grammar.

Edited by NateUpNorth

2 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

If they extend double points till end of '22, I will be SUPER tempted to book a December '22 cruise 🙂

We've got an eligible L&S moved to the last week in November this year. Traditionally we'll cruise every other/ every third year. Extending the offer would absolutely tempt me to book a Dec '22 cruise myself!

We just lift and shifted our cancelled April 21 cruise to April 22, no was the answer give by our Royal Customer call in agent.  I have done the same as an above poster and written to ask for an extension on the double points promo to cover the cancelled sailing.  I have 2 future Royal sailings and 1 future Celebrity sailing book.  I hope they revise to cover the cancelled sailings.  Like was pointed out, we gave an interest free loan, and really no cost to them.  Hopefully we will see a change soon, at least one can hope.