More Cancellations

CCLcruiser91

5 minutes ago, bury me at sea said:

I believe final payment on this cruise is tomorrow.  Not sure of that since mine is a replacement for a previously cancelled cruise and I've been paid for some time.

That's been par for the course. I've had to make final payment for all 3 of my cancelled cruises only for them to be cancelled a couple of days after.

• Like 2

I am hoping they are only working on the website. We are booked on the May 29 Mardi Gras but it's looking less likely all the time. It was a rebook from the New Years cruise canceled some time ago. We've been considering a Sept. Mediterranean cruise but that has also disappeared this evening. Looks like it may be 2022 before we can cruise again--if the cruiselines are still in business by then.

1 hour ago, klfrodo said:

My April Panorama cruise is still active on Carnival.com

Mine as well. I'm cruising in 72 days! In my dreams anyway..lol. Looks like I was off on the return to cruising date by a few months. Those lucky June/July folks who booked will probably be the first ones to get to cruise. Vaccine should be plentiful by may and summer cruising should be good to go. 

• Like 1

I am booked on the April 24th sailing of the Mardi Gras and have not received a cancellation email.  When I enter the information into the cancellation page, it doesn't show as cancelled.  The cruise still appears in my cruise planner.  I will not be surprised if it does get cancelled and have August as a backup.

After having 3 cruises canceled, despite Carnival's pinky promise that they "really will start cruising!" I would HIGHLY doubt we see cruising return in 2021 at all. When they canceled our latest cruise, I got the refund and I will absolutely not be booking any cruises until I see them start happening and masks are not required. 

11 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

I am booked on the April 24th sailing of the Mardi Gras and have not received a cancellation email.  When I enter the information into the cancellation page, it doesn't show as cancelled.  The cruise still appears in my cruise planner.  I will not be surprised if it does get cancelled and have August as a backup.

I put in my june 2021 Horizon cruise and it comes back and says not a valid cruise.  Perhaps things are being changed farther than we think, even though the cruise is still in my planner.

April 3rd here, and just made final payment last week. This time will be the last time for a while if it happens, hate to say it but I’m done. First was last April, this would be the fourth can kicked down the road. Gimme my cash and I’ll try again in 2022 perhaps

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, 19cruiser59 said:

I put in my june 2021 Horizon cruise and it comes back and says not a valid cruise.  Perhaps things are being changed farther than we think, even though the cruise is still in my planner.

I read elsewhere that someone called Carnival and they were told that the cancellation will only show cruises that are cancelled when the information is entered.  As a test, you can put in the date and ship of a cruise that has already been cancelled and it will state that it is cancelled.  If you enter information on a ship that hasn't been cancelled, it will state that the cruise is not valid or unavailable for the offer.

However,  I fully expect my April cruise to get cancelled.  I don't think enough people will be able to receive the second vaccine dose by then.

12 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Looking like the inaugural Mardi Gras will sail May 29th now. 

In Fantasyland maybe.   Test cruises might start in late May, followed by the 60 day waiting period mandated by the CDC, then short 3 & 4 day cruises in late July or early August.  Mardi Gras will then be the first 7 day cruise to start up, but not until late August or early September.  I am worried about my Halloween sailing going as expected.