Morning After VAX 1

NavArch64

On 2/26/2021 at 3:56 PM, mek said:

Absolutely.  I retired last March - just as all of this started up.  Retirement has hasn't been anything like I expected - no traveling, no family get togethers.  I can't wait to get back out and start living my life a little more normally than the past year.

I also retired last March, right after I turned 60.  I got no retirement ceremony, party or birthday party.  Just our sons and DIL's for my birthday.  Totally not what I expected when I put in my retirement paperwork in July 2019.  Right after, in Aug 2019 I broke my ankle (and dislocated my kneecap) so we had to cancel cruises and FL trip in Nov 2019 that was supposed to be my retirement trip.  

6 minutes ago, BND said:

I also retired last March, right after I turned 60.  I got no retirement ceremony, party or birthday party.  Just our sons and DIL's for my birthday.  Totally not what I expected when I put in my retirement paperwork in July 2019.  Right after, in Aug 2019 I broke my ankle (and dislocated my kneecap) so we had to cancel cruises and FL trip in Nov 2019 that was supposed to be my retirement trip.  

Well, I certainly hope we can both do most of the things we missed last year in 2021.

Edited by mek
  • Like 1

The national news is telling us that the vaccine is difficult to get but I registered in two counties and then looked at the CVS availability and was offered an appt the following day at one of their store a few miles from the house. Got the first shot.... then the last two days, both counties emailed me and offeed me appointments.  All of this in and around Houston.  I wonder if they loaded up the Houston area w/ ample supply because Biden came in for a cameo??? Maybe not. In Louisiana, the CVS stores that have been set up to distribute the vaccine on Wednesday night EVERY city/town  had appointments available.  

1 hour ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

The national news is telling us that the vaccine is difficult to get but I registered in two counties and then looked at the CVS availability and was offered an appt the following day at one of their store a few miles from the house. Got the first shot.... then the last two days, both counties emailed me and offeed me appointments.  All of this in and around Houston.  I wonder if they loaded up the Houston area w/ ample supply because Biden came in for a cameo??? Maybe not. In Louisiana, the CVS stores that have been set up to distribute the vaccine on Wednesday night EVERY city/town  had appointments available.  

I know here in Washington State, our vaccines were delayed a week, because of weather across the nation. We got a double shipment this week, so I was able to get my 2nd shot. I was at 36 days from my first, but that doesn’t seem to be a problem, and they said those awaiting the 2nd vaccine would be within the 42 day window.