Morning After VAX 1

NavArch64

I had my first Pfizer dose 2 days ago.  Only have had headaches and a little nausea.
But the nurse also advised me NOT to take any anti-inflammatory such as Advil because it could suppress the body's immune response.   Take only Tylenol if needed.
My next shot is March 5th. 
Not looking forward to the 2nd does as I usually have a bad reaction to flu or pneumonia vaccines,
lots of aches and fever.

3 minutes ago, webecruzin2 said:

I had my first Pfizer dose 2 days ago.  Only have had headaches and a little nausea.
But the nurse also advised me NOT to take any anti-inflammatory such as Advil because it could suppress the body's immune response.   Take only Tylenol if needed.
My next shot is March 5th. 
Not looking forward to the 2nd does as I usually have a bad reaction to flu or pneumonia vaccines,
lots of aches and fever.

Had 2nd Pfizer this past Thursday (2 days ago)' 

Day 1  (THURSDAY)  Nothing but slight vaccination site pain.

Day 2. (FRIDAY)  Sore arm again and some general aches and pains.

Day 3. (SATURDAY)  Nothing at all.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, boscobeans said:

Had 2nd Pfizer this past Thursday (2 days ago)' 

Day 1  (THURSDAY)  Nothing but slight vaccination site pain.

Day 2. (FRIDAY)  Sore arm again and some general aches and pains.

Day 3. (SATURDAY)  Nothing at all.

I get my 2nd dose of Pfizer on 2/24 and  I'm prepared to spend a day in bed if necessary.  My husband got his 2nd Moderna this past Thursday and so far he he has just been really draggy and tired.

I have heard that older people seem to have less severe symptoms from the 2nd shot than younger folks, but I'm not sure if that's really true or not.

Edited by mek

1 hour ago, mek said:

I get my 2nd dose of Pfizer on 2/24 and  I'm prepared to spend a day in bed if necessary.  My husband got his 2nd Moderna this past Thursday and so far he he has just been really draggy and tired.

I have heard that older people seem to have less severe symptoms from the 2nd shot than younger folks, but I'm not sure if that's really true or not.

I'm 75 and wife is younger. She had NO problems except for minor injection site pain.

Go figure... I guess we are all as different as our opinions on the food in the MDR.. LOL.

Stay healthy and safe.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, mek said:

We had our second Pfizer dose on 1/29.  Sore arm for a few days, slight HA, chills and fatigue for about 24 hours for me, still walked 4 miles after injection and 5 miles the next day.  Just took a nap each day😂.  Husband had nothing other than a little tenderness at injection site.  

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, snichols23 said:

I’m wondering if after being vaccinated, if negative tests will be required to fly or sail? Can’t find answer on CDC, airline sites or US Dept of transportation 

Vaccination status, according to the CDC, has no bearing on testing requirements for travel

purposes. 

• Like 1

On 1/22/2021 at 9:30 AM, NavArch64 said:

... just a sore shoulder. Looking forward to 1st RCCL booking on Jewel for Sept 20 out of Boston. Expect all guests and crew to be required to have proof of VAX. Can that be accomplished by then? What do you think?

It's quite possible.  Biden seems to be wanting to ramp up production of the vaccine, plus you have a choice of several different companies now to get the vaccine from.

I got both Pfizer shots through work, I had the same side effects as you the first time.  Be prepared for more side effects the with the second shot!

I'm only 33, but I work in a nursing home.

Edited by broadwaybaby123

1 hour ago, snichols23 said:

I’m wondering if after being vaccinated, if negative tests will be required to fly or sail? Can’t find answer on CDC, airline sites or US Dept of transportation 

IMHO, and I'm just speculating, such a requirement will not be rolled out from the government on Biden's watch.  Once Harris takes over, I'm not as confident.

Expect "One World" airlines (https://www.oneworld.com/members) to be the first to roll it out, and then ask for billions from taxpayers when their ridership falls.

On 1/22/2021 at 8:30 AM, NavArch64 said:

... just a sore shoulder. Looking forward to 1st RCCL booking on Jewel for Sept 20 out of Boston. Expect all guests and crew to be required to have proof of VAX. Can that be accomplished by then? What do you think?

I got my first shot this week Pfizer, no after effects at all, I would think and hope your 9/20 cruise will be a go we are booked two months later.

13 minutes ago, George C said:

I got my first shot this week Pfizer, no after effects at all, I would think and hope your 9/20 cruise will be a go we are booked two months later.

I'm hoping before that, I have an August cruise and a November cruise booked.  My household is 2/3 fully vaccinated (my dad is getting his first shot in 2 weeks), so after that, it will just be a waiting game.  We are hoping that things will open back up soon!

2 hours ago, snichols23 said:

They're still trying to figure it out.  It's all about the politics.  They need to take a poll to figure out their next step.  It's all about politics and nothing about science.  🍷

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

Having a reaction to these mRNA vaccines is a GOOD thing.......

Vaccine Side Effects are a GOOD thing

Except when the side effects are bad. But they are "rare," right?  Transverse myelitis, miscarriage, neurological disorders, death?  

There are some good videos by Mobeen Syed (Dr. Been; and others) that discuss prevention, risk, vaccinations, and cures.

Life is a risk.  We need to each decide what risks we are willing to take, and what risks we are not.  I'm okay taking the risk of COVID (by mitigating as many risk factors as possible).  Are there risks of the vaxes that can be lowered by something I can do?  I don't personally know of any.  So, weighing the COVID risk post-actions taken to lessen it vs. the very small but likely permanent risks of the current vaxes have me making the choice for myself to forgo the current vaxes.  Your risk assessment may be different.  That's your personal responsibility.  Let's afford each other the courtesy and respect to make their own decisions for their own bodies.

• Like 3

On 2/4/2021 at 8:34 AM, mek said:

I got my first Pfizer shot yesterday - just a sore arm at the injection site.  It sounds like some people are having more reactions to the 2nd Pfizer shot than the Moderna, so I will be prepared for a possible day in bed after I get the new one.

I live in Cincinnati and I had to drive 130 miles north to get the shot - nothing was available in southern Ohio, but right across the river in Kentucky, I could have made a same day appointment on Monday if I lived there.  Crazy.

17 hours ago, mek said:

So they are only putting 20 days between shots? I thought it was to be 28 days.

6 hours ago, mek said:

Pfizer is 3 weeks and Moderna is 4 weeks.

Walgreens automatically scheduled my 2nd shot exactly 4 weeks to the minute when I luckily booked my 1st jab. So I assumed it was Moderna- wrong! 

I got the Pfizer on 2/2 and asked the pharmacist about the 4 weeks, when I knew it should be 3 weeks later. She told me "corporate" said scheduling the Pfizer 4 weeks hence was within the range of acceptability.

A few days later I had my annual physical at the Cleveland Clinic and asked my PCP if the week delay for Pfizer #2 was problematic. She assured me it was fine and said that the Clinic was scheduling both vaccine types 4 weeks apart for logistical reasons, since availability of one or the other was not always predictable.

My sister had a rough reaction to her 2nd Pfizer. Hopefully I won't, but just in case I think I better change my salon appointment scheduled the day after.

DH gets his 2nd Moderna on the 22nd. It has been a frustratingly difficult quest to get appointments, but with almost OCD persistence we got in just a day or two after our 1b groups became eligible in Ohio!

Had dose #2 of Moderna last week. Sick for two days with fever and aches. All better now and just booked a plane trip to visit my son in Colorado who I havent seen in over a year! Also looking forward to my September 2021 cruise but still have doubts that will happen

12 minutes ago, lauren0309 said:

Had dose #2 of Moderna last week. Sick for two days with fever and aches. All better now and just booked a plane trip to visit my son in Colorado who I havent seen in over a year! Also looking forward to my September 2021 cruise but still have doubts that will happen

Were you sick after the first dose?  I had fatigue, headache, painful legs, elbow and wrist, and an earache.  I will be getting the second  dose on Wednesday and hope the first reaction was not indicative of what is in store for me this week. 

I had dose 2 of Pfizer a couple of days ago. I had a mild reaction to dose 1.  I had as stronger reaction after the second dose, but it was nothing too horrible.  I received the shot around 10am. I was fine immediately after and after waiting the 15 mins my husband and I went about our day and ran a few errands. By 4pm my arm was pretty sore from my elbow up my neck and down to the middle of my back. By 8:30pm I couldn't keep my eyes open and went to bed. My husband went to bed around midnight and I remember mumbling something to him about not feeling good. Around 2 am I woke up with a pounding headache, chills, body aches and really, really thirsty. I went downstairs to get water and take Tylenol but didn't make it back upstairs and slept in the chair next to the staircase. The rest of that day I had the headache and the chills/body aches and some arm soreness. I was also very fatigued and slept the majority of the day. The day after that I woke up feeling back to normal.

So it wasn't fun, but not terrible. My husband gets his second dose next week. Hopefully it goes a little better for him. 

Edited by 3monkeys4me