Morning After VAX 1

NavArch64

32 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

Were you sick after the first dose?  I had fatigue, headache, painful legs, elbow and wrist, and an earache.  I will be getting the second  dose on Wednesday and hope the first reaction was not indicative of what is in store for me this week. 

No I wasnt sick after the first dose. I was just tired for one day. After the second dose I got sick with a fever about 10 hours later.

5 hours ago, Wine-O said:

I has the Pfizer = 21 days.  Seems like the moderna 2nd dose is giving people issues, from what I've been reading.  🍷

No problems with 1st dose.  2nd knocked me out for 24 hours with a high fever 103, nausea, headache and dizziness. All my coworkers had same symptoms with Moderna.  As did my 2 kids that got it (healthcare). 

• Like 1

On 2/14/2021 at 10:08 PM, Incognito1 said:

Except when the side effects are bad. But they are "rare," right?  Transverse myelitis, miscarriage, neurological disorders, death?  

There are some good videos by Mobeen Syed (Dr. Been; and others) that discuss prevention, risk, vaccinations, and cures.

Life is a risk.  We need to each decide what risks we are willing to take, and what risks we are not.  I'm okay taking the risk of COVID (by mitigating as many risk factors as possible).  Are there risks of the vaxes that can be lowered by something I can do?  I don't personally know of any.  So, weighing the COVID risk post-actions taken to lessen it vs. the very small but likely permanent risks of the current vaxes have me making the choice for myself to forgo the current vaxes.  Your risk assessment may be different.  That's your personal responsibility.  Let's afford each other the courtesy and respect to make their own decisions for their own bodies.

Have these rare side effects that you mentioned been directly attributed to the mRNA vaccines? I did a Google search and could not come up with one article or study that identifies the mRNA vaccines as the direct result of those severe reactions you mentioned, including death.

Please post a link to such information. I'd like to know what may be in my future since I've had both vaccine shots. Thanks.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, coffeebean said:

Please post a link to such information. I'd like to know what may be in my future since I've had both vaccine shots. Thanks.

If you've had both and show no symptoms, it doesn't seem likely that you will suffer the uncommon side effects.  I'm sure there will be "contributing factors" found so that the problems are not wholly attributed to the vax, but here are some of the first articles that come up on a search engine (if you can't find them using Goofle, try Yippy instead):

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/19/cdc-says-these-are-the-most-common-side-effects-people-report-after-getting-covid-vaccine.html

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-12-covid-vaccines-side-effects.html

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-01-18/what-to-know-about-vaccine-related-deaths-allergies-quicktake

https://nypost.com/2021/01/07/florida-doctor-dies-two-weeks-after-getting-covid-vaccine/

https://www.webmd.com/vaccines/covid-19-vaccine/news/20200914/nih-and-fda-examine-serious-side-effect-that-surfaced-in-covid-vaccine-trial

Serious side effects are uncommon, but not non-existent.  Each person needs to weigh their own risk. Read and make your own decision as you are the one who will live with the consequences of that decision, whatever it may be.

May we all skirt the virus and be out in the Caribbean sunshine soon!

I had the light rash and itching about 2 weeks after mine along with a little warmth while the wife hasn't had any reaction. Our 2nd round will be the first week of March. Both us us are on the Moderna vaccine.

Our local county health department has been doing a great job of getting everyone vaccinated.

Boohoo, our second dose of Moderna was delayed due to transportation problems from the bad weather in other areas of the country -  we were supposed to get it last Friday, now delayed to next Saturday.

No problems with the first shot at all. I signed up for the CDC "V Safe" tracking on my phone and received a text every day asking to complete a short questionnaire - "How do you feel today?" "Any symptoms or problems?", etc. and today it was "You should have received your second shot, did you get get it?". No, sad to say, not available for me yet LOL.

Crossing my fingers that it all goes well, don't want to have to wait until it's too long between first and second 🙄

In the meantime, a case of young people dressing up as "grannies" to get shots has been reported down here LOL

"With bonnets on their heads and bespectacled faces, two young women pretended to be seniors so they could get the coronavirus vaccine, and it seems their ruse may have actually worked at least one time.

Dr. Raul Pino from the Florida Department of Health in Orange County said the pair was busted when they tried to get their second shot on Wednesday at the Orange County Convention Center.

“We haven’t had any lack of willing arms to get vaccinated. We also have people faking to be old to be vaccinated. So yesterday we realized a couple of young ladies came dressed up as grannies to get vaccinated for the second time, so I don’t know how they escaped the first time but they came (to get) vaccinated. The bonnets, the gloves, the glasses -- the whole thing and they probably were in their 20s,” Pino said.

Thank you all for sharing your experiences. What we encountered...My middle age brother, who was allowed to get it because he’s our parents’ caretaker, felt mildly fluish after the second Moderna. My elderly father, who has very serious health issues, had minor side effects. My elderly mother, who’s probably the healthiest person in the family but does have allergies, felt the most fluish of the fam and then got better. 8 days later, she woke up with hives all over, which she’s never ever had. They gave her a steroid shot, and she got better. 

1 hour ago, mek said:

I got my second Pfizer shot yesterday.  All was fine until I went to bed - 12 hours later and I suddenly got the chills and a headache.  Today I feel crappy - hope I get better tomorrow.

The above were my side effects with the second Pfizer also, in addition my muscles ached. It was about 36 hours after the shot when everything was pretty much back to normal for me.

1 minute ago, zdcatc12 said:

The above were my side effects with the second Pfizer also, in addition my muscles ached. It was about 36 hours after the shot when everything was pretty much back to normal for me.

That's good to hear.

• Like 1

We got our first Pfizer three days ago.  Zero side effects.  The nurse suggested moving our arms regularly throughout the day.  Good advice, apparently.  No discomfort, no after effects.  We are both late 70s, had to show photo ID to check in, after making the appointments through our healthcare system.

Rack two more Pfizer vaccinations up  in the "Slightly sore arm for a day but then fine" column!  Got my second yesterday; trimmed our rosebush and took a 30 minute walk and I was fine!  Feeling grateful for the vaccination and for the lack of side effects.

• Like 3

I received both Pfizer vaccines and had the dreaded swollen lymph node for about a week. I am a frontline physician and will gladly take a swollen lymph node over illness. Between the acute disease and those who months later still are having problems I was thrilled to receive the vaccine. We are waiting  for hubby to get his second Moderna vaccine. The more people who get the vaccine the faster we get our lives back. We get the vaccine to protect ourselves but more importantly to protect those who can’t get vaccinated from this devastating disease. 

• Like 2

I am helping out by giving vaccines at our local vaccine center- we are primarily vaccinating age 65 and over and giving both Moderna and Pfizer.  In talking to people when they come back for their 2nd shot most are telling me they experienced no side effects, or,  a sore arm after the first shot.  We don't see them after their second shot but understandably a lot of people are concerned about what they might expect.  In talking to people in general I'm hearing most people over 65 are just having a sore arm and some fatigue after the second shot.  40-50 year olds are having chills and muscle aches- plus a sore arm.  And under 40 are having the typical flu symptoms along with fevers- plus the sore arm.  Weirdly most people I've talked to are experiencing the side effects right around 10-12 hours after the shot but for some it's been delayed by a day and then it hits them.  Most are feeling better about 24 hours later. 

This is just a generalization and I'm sure we will hear more characterizations as more groups get vaccinated but I wanted to share what I've been hearing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1