Magic cove balcony, did you find it stuffy?

kelbell

Looking at the cove balcony, we have never been on Magic.

We normally stay on decks 7 and above, that being said

do you finds a lot of movement and do you get a breeze?

It looks like you don't get a lot of air flow, do you?  I think

being so close to the water I will love listening to the waves.

Thanks.

It wasn't stuffy at all when we had one of these on both the Magic and Dream. They tend to not be very sunny (DH burns if he even looks at the sun, so that's a plus for us).

With the water so close you get a good deal of air movement simply from that. You also do end up with some salt spray on the balcony. 

We've loved our cove balconies for the most part, but they aren't always fun if the weather gets rough, due to their proximity. Overall definitely worth a try if you haven't had one before. 

• Thanks 1

Not stuffy, but beware of your cabin location.  We love cove balconies and book them whenever the ship has them.  On the Magic we booked stateroom 2309 which had a vent blowing hot, smelly air on the balcony making it unusable.  It smelled like an incinerator.  You could not even open the balcony door as the pungent odor would permeate the cabin.  Also beware of cabins under the galley if noise might be an issue for you.

This photo seems to confirm the issue with smoke near 2309.....zoom in.

I've sailed in 2275 and 2279 in the past, and my next sailing is in 2309.

I'll certainly be reporting on this, if the voyage isn't cancelled in May.

David

28-Breathtaking-Pictures-of-the-Carnival-Magic-2.jpg

6 hours ago, keywest1 said:

We have sailed in the port forwardmost cove on Breeze and starboard forwardmost cove on Magic.  Both were great cabins, and we wouldn't hesitate to book again.  Very quiet, with only one neighboring balcony.

Those are our favorites!!

• Like 1

We had a cove on the Dream , our first and last.   We missed the sun,  the view and the breeze.  Our last full sea day  it was a bit rough out and could not enjoy the balcony at all,  we were getting quite a bit of sea spray and we were more than half way back.  We will stick with our higher deck balcony, next cruise we are on deck 14 😮

On 1/28/2021 at 4:21 PM, versuco said:

Not stuffy, but beware of your cabin location.  We love cove balconies and book them whenever the ship has them.  On the Magic we booked stateroom 2309 which had a vent blowing hot, smelly air on the balcony making it unusable.  It smelled like an incinerator.  You could not even open the balcony door as the pungent odor would permeate the cabin.  Also beware of cabins under the galley if noise might be an issue for you.

Same. The smell of sewage was awful the entire week and my balcony was completely wasted. Who can sit and breathe that? Yuck. Buyer beware on these.

i had been searching for info on the Magic Cove's-we have one booked for December.  DH has skin cancer and shouldn't be out in the sun alot, he also wants to take a Po-peal pocket fisherman , LOL, but I had not heard about a sewage smell before.  We booked 2325-any info?  It's under the dining room.

Love the cove balconies and they are my preferred cabin - but be careful what is over you - I try to choose one under the dining room and not the galley which gets noisy early morning.  Never had any issues - love being protected/private and close to the water 🙂

We did a B2B on the Magic in cabin 2329.

Edited by Froufie

On 2/4/2021 at 11:02 AM, marshhawk said:

i had been searching for info on the Magic Cove's-we have one booked for December.  DH has skin cancer and shouldn't be out in the sun alot, he also wants to take a Po-peal pocket fisherman , LOL, but I had not heard about a sewage smell before.  We booked 2325-any info?  It's under the dining room.

He;s gonna fish off his balcony ???  

We have had cove balconies on both the Breeze and the Magic. Loved them both. No, you don't get much sun but, you can't get a closer view of the water. Where else can you enjoy your morning coffee while watching flying fish and dolphins and the sounds of the big blue. We have never experienced odors of any kind but there has been a little salt spray, nothing objectionable. On the Breeze we were below the galley, that was really loud starting around 4:30am so beware of location. The extra feeling of privacy compared to other balconies makes these our favorites on the ships that have them.