The Daily for Tuesday Feb 2, 2021

richwmn

Good morning, everyone.   

What a great group of days we have today.   Buckeye Chuck agrees with the Canadian rodents and says early spring.  I'll take it.  I generally don't mind winter and definitely do enjoy the changing seasons.  Call me weird (didn't I have a day for that recently), but I don't like the high temperatures of summer.   My favorite season is fall and that would be followed by spring if it didn't rain so much.  

Definitely cherish the wetlands.   We need to be great stewards of our earth,   

Today's meal didn't really speak to me.   I don't like cooked carrots and this dish is full of them.  It is kind of like a pot pie with biscuits instead of a crust.   Some may like it, so I do offer the recipe.     https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/turkey-biscuit-stew/

Have a great day, everyone!

• Like 12

15 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

I was not allowed to leave the clinic until scheduled for the second jab.

Roy

13 minutes ago, summer slope said:

I thought the same thing Roy but they said no, you will be notified. 

a friend got his first a couple of weeks ago and was told to go online to schedule his second, competing with everyone still trying to get the first at the same location.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

from the Georgia version of Groundhog Day --

If you like warmer weather, good news. Gen. Beauregard Lee did not see his shadow and, according to the legend, we will get an early spring. 

Meanwhile, in Pennsylvania, Punxsutawney Phil had to make his prediction during a major snowstorm that's hitting the entire Northeast. He did see his shadow, meaning we have a conflict! 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, richwmn said:

a friend got his first a couple of weeks ago and was told to go online to schedule his second, competing with everyone still trying to get the first at the same location.

Ouch!

Roy

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Today's sunrise is actually a sunset.  It's from my 2016 Crystal Symphony Antarctica cruise as we crossed the Drake Passage to Antarctica:

dusk0202.jpg

Roy

98% of my photos are sunsets, hardly ever catch the sunrises 😉.

This one is not from a cruise, but taken a few weeks ago while on the interstate. 

St Louis Sal

27EA7101-CACB-4524-BA14-F0ADF3F70AB8.jpeg

• Like 19

26 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

I was not allowed to leave the clinic until scheduled for the second jab.

Roy

I will find out tomorrow how my second jab will be scheduled. Seems to be a bit haphazard here in Florida. Some places schedule before you leave.  Others call and offer you the second appointment.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, richwmn said:

Good grief. Was it the same place you are getting yours on Thursday?

Hoping I won’t have to do that here. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, St. Louis Sal said:

I spoke too soon on Groundhog Day. The clouds have parted and the sun is peeking out! All the squirrels in my yard are seeing their shadow, no groundhogs in sight though, not sure what that means.

St Louis Sal

Squirrel shadows do NOT count!

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

12 minutes ago, richwmn said:

If you like warmer weather, good news. Gen. Beauregard Lee did not see his shadow and, according to the legend, we will get an early spring. 

Meanwhile, in Pennsylvania, Punxsutawney Phil had to make his prediction during a major snowstorm that's hitting the entire Northeast. He did see his shadow, meaning we have a conflict! 

Phew. I am a lot closer to Georgia than I am to Pennsylvania. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

I hope where you are going schedules #2 before you leave.  I know each county/site in Florida is different, but here's our experience...

We got our first shots on 1/13/21 in Lake County (FL).  Before we left they had our second shot scheduled.  Getting it tomorrow 😄.  Each of us got a confirmation email on 1/26 along with notification of location change.  Today we each got a reminder email as well as a text.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Since our first jabs were at a community event at the Panthers Stadium, we got our second appointments when we successfully got appointments to get into the Stadium event, because the joint effort by the hospital system, the Panthers owner and Honeywell (who supplied the IT and logistics) will be a repeat at the stadium again the end of February.  I am relieved to not have to deal with any more uncertainty than necessary.

I'm trying to figure out how I can thank the remarkable people involved - from the first people directing us into the correct lane of traffic to all the workers every block or so along the way and all the medical personnel!  I wish I could hand them all trophies or gift cards or some kind of token of appreciation.  I'm still working on it since I have several weeks.

• Like 12

Morning everyone. My post just disappeared. We have power and lots of snow.

I’m closer to PA than Georgia so it looks like more of winter for us.

I’m taking a zoom class given by Rutgers University later on the Roaring Twenties. I expect it to be interesting.

Stay safe and double mask.

Carol

• Like 10

1 hour ago, richwmn said:

The reason Punxsatawney Phil saw his shadow is because of all the television lights shining in his face!!!

We got about 15 inches on Long Island....and more predicted for next weekend.  It's really winter here!

Have a good day, stay warm and masked!

Laura

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, cat shepard said:

I'm getting mine from the County Health Department, totally different place. I'm hoping to be scheduled before I leave.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Good morning all!

Around here the only way you can tell the difference between  winter and spring is the rain is warmer in the spring 😉  So I'm expecting more of the same (RAIN) just a gradual warming lol.  Which brings me to wetlands.....I live on wetlands with all the rain we get!  

It's fascinating to me how vaccination sites are doing everything so differently re 2nd jab appointments.  We got our first shots at Swedish in Seattle, and our daughter (who set up those appointments bless her heart) made online appointments for our 2nd jabs right then as we were standing in line. She's a jewel!  I like having it that way, so I don't make other plans and then find out I need to be in Seattle for the 2nd jab.  On the other hand, my sister who lives north of us was told she would be notified by email. At least she doesn't have to try to make it herself, but I'm wondering if she'll have any choice in time of day.  Thankfully for her though she got hers at a pharmacy 1/2 mile from her home so it wouldn't be a big problem.

Turkey biscuit stew made me think of pot pie, which I would prefer with my pie crust instead of biscuits.  We don't have turkey on hand but do have chicken, so I think that's what will be for dinner tonight.

@St. Louis Salyay! about your DH's appointment for his first jab and prayers you get yours soon too.

@ger_77so funny and true about you being your cat's emotional support animal!!  

• Like 10