New Cunard Announcements

Gretchendz

With a 12 September sailing, our 'final payment date' is still before sailings restart, so there is no way of knowing the impact of the new protocols before the restart. We are giving serious consideration to rescheduling - but will delay our decision to April

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, PromenadeDeckWriter said:

Still no announcement of what the new ship will be named? (I for one am hoping for a return to the -ia naming scheme... Mauretania or Aquitania, anyone?)

probably not too high on their [cunard] list of things to do ,if anything they will name it queen bad timing or uss how do i get out of this contract 

Edited by newjoisey

21 minutes ago, newjoisey said:

probably not too high on their [cunard] list of things to do ,if anything they will name it queen bad timing or uss how do i get out of this contract 

I would give it some more time before cancelling. I do so for my Nov. 21 booking. Wait and see, you might regret it later.

Best wishes.

1 hour ago, Cats2010 said:

I would give it some more time before cancelling. I do so for my Nov. 21 booking. Wait and see, you might regret it later.

Best wishes.

I was commenting on the person that brought up the no name yet on the not built new cunard ship.....given the current sit-rep .......HMS Queen Bad Timing or USS How do i get out of this contract. Sarcastic names but not too far off the mark of what the money backers of the ship might be thinking about now. . As far as cancellation of our xmas carib in 2021......that will be any day now,not that i am too busy or holding out for hope........ just lazy.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, oskidunker said:

Not sure I will move my deposit to 2022. Probably going to want a refund this time. Wait till a line actually sails successfully. 

Yes, I hear you!  Especially since I've already had 2 crossings cancelled and Cunard aren't giving "compound" FCCs. They have had my money for a year now, having fully paid for a July 2020 TA that was cancelled, and then rolled to a May '21 TA, also cancelled.  The re-start date keeps receding over the horizon.

FWIW today I received an email from Cunard which advertised European sailings.  QM2 itineries were advertised as "round trip London".  Right now Cunard cannot count on being able to sail into the US or Canada.  It's more complicated for US sailings as restrictions can vary state to state.

5 hours ago, BlueRiband said:

FWIW today I received an email from Cunard which advertised European sailings.  QM2 itineries were advertised as "round trip London".  Right now Cunard cannot count on being able to sail into the US or Canada.  It's more complicated for US sailings as restrictions can vary state to state.

Round trip London 😂, Southampton is a 90 minute drive from London!

2 hours ago, downsmead said:

Round trip London 😂, Southampton is a 90 minute drive from London!

When Cunard first started this nonsense of listing voyages to/from London I thought they should provide transportation between there and Southampton instead of charging us (Can.$48 most recently) for the coach transfer.

Hello....I am on the 19 day 9/12 round trip from NY to Southampton connecting with the 5 day cruise then back to NY.  If when final payment is due it is still unclear how it is going to be on the ship I am cancelling.  No way I am going to wear masks or be forced into social distancing and being restricted to ship excursions.  

As far as the new ship is concerned I don't really care what she is named and It's extremely unlikely I will sail on her if there is no traditional promenade deck.

Deck chair.

Edited by deck chair

Am I alone in saying that I am so fed up with Cunard that (at the time of typing this) I'm not bothered whether I sail with them ever again.  It's now over 24 hours since P&O and Princess have announced that they are cancelling cruises up to the end of September. Is it really too much to expect to hear from Cunard. I'm on the September cruise to the USA and Canada which I know will not go ahead so what are they waiting for ?  

Come on Cunard, do the right thing.

39 minutes ago, babs135 said:

I'm on the September cruise to the USA and Canada which I know will not go ahead so what are they waiting for ?  

That's the cruise that we are on. It was for my wife 65th Birthday so we would like to know sooner rather than later so that we can make other arrangements.

We will ask for a refund because with Cunard charging a 15% deposit it is rather a substantial amount of money tied up.

2 hours ago, babs135 said:

Am I alone in saying that I am so fed up with Cunard that (at the time of typing this) I'm not bothered whether I sail with them ever again.  It's now over 24 hours since P&O and Princess have announced that they are cancelling cruises up to the end of September. Is it really too much to expect to hear from Cunard. I'm on the September cruise to the USA and Canada which I know will not go ahead so what are they waiting for ?  

Presumably so that Carnival UK in Southampton aren't overwhelmed with cancellations.

Think we may have to wait a few weeks.

26 minutes ago, Ray66 said:

Presumably so that Carnival UK in Southampton aren't overwhelmed with cancellations.

Think we may have to wait a few weeks.

But they can still find time to email me asking me to book another cruise!!  Had enough of any excuses. Everyone has a breaking point and I honestly think I'm reaching mine.

9 hours ago, canoncruiser said:

Hey, I just received an e-mail from Cunard saying the 2023 World Voyages go on sale sometime this month. Well, I think that’s great!😄

Looking forward to Jan 3-and sailing thereafter. Bon Voyage y’all.😄

Chop up Excel is at the state of readiness 😃