Edge Sky Suite Question

kasowell2

1st photo is from S Class ship having breakfast on our sky suite balcony. The 2nd photo is what our butler gave us to use in our sky suite in March 2019 to eat breakfast on. This is one of the reason I will not book suites on the Edge Class. deck.thumb.jpg.ef1ec0e3dc99761f59da33db07399b78.jpgIMG_20190305_142125093.thumb.jpg.9e729ba81598848243aa741bf4c2c755.jpg

2 hours ago, bigbenboys said:

1st photo is from S Class ship having breakfast on our sky suite balcony. The 2nd photo is what our butler gave us to use in our sky suite in March 2019 to eat breakfast on. This is one of the reason I will not book suites on the Edge Class. deck.thumb.jpg.ef1ec0e3dc99761f59da33db07399b78.jpgIMG_20190305_142125093.thumb.jpg.9e729ba81598848243aa741bf4c2c755.jpg

That's better than trying to use the top of that silly container near the sofa.

47 minutes ago, jelayne said:

That's better than trying to use the top of that silly container near the sofa.

Yes your right. We asked right away for a table as we like to have a small breakfast in the room before going to Luminae. Our butler said they only had a few of the tables.

Since it’s almost Valentines Day. Here is a picture from our balcony on Eclipse in Aruba on 2.14.18. This won’t happen again with the Revolution of the S Class ships. A real downgrade of the cruising experience. Enjoying a meal on your balcony without having to try and balance your food without spilling it on you or the deck. Hopefully X can rectify this total fail on the E Class ships and stop the insanity when the S and M Class ships are updated. Please ask experienced cruisers what works and what doesn’t work.

image.thumb.jpeg.248109b3daf3a6d0ca5affc8e4013d89.jpeg 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RICCruisers said:

Since it’s almost Valentines Day. Here is a picture from our balcony on Eclipse in Aruba on 2.14.18. This won’t happen again with the Revolution of the S Class ships. A real downgrade of the cruising experience. Enjoying a meal on your balcony without having to try and balance your food without spilling it on you or the deck. Hopefully X can rectify this total fail on the E Class ships and stop the insanity when the S and M Class ships are updated. Please ask experienced cruisers what works and what doesn’t work.

Celebrity did not lightly make the decison to build, currently, two new E class ships.  While they may not have asked me, or you or others on here they did definitely do marketing research and analysis before spending billions of dollars.  I for one love Edge and cannot wait to sail APEX.  I sense with the upgrades to the older ships, they recognize the balancing act, i.e. incorporating some of the new and retaining some of the old while refreshing the look and keeping some of the comfortable scheme and gradually introducing some new.  I am in my 60's and the work  office/layout of old, is not the office that the younger workforce wants, it is understandable, to me anyway, and I get it.  It is very possible to blend the two, and I feel Celebrity is doing that as they retrofit the older ships.    

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LGW59 said:

Celebrity did not lightly make the decison to build, currently, two new E class ships.  While they may not have asked me, or you or others on here they did definitely do marketing research and analysis before spending billions of dollars.  I for one love Edge and cannot wait to sail APEX.  I sense with the upgrades to the older ships, they recognize the balancing act, i.e. incorporating some of the new and retaining some of the old while refreshing the look and keeping some of the comfortable scheme and gradually introducing some new.  I am in my 60's and the work  office/layout of old, is not the office that the younger workforce wants, it is understandable, to me anyway, and I get it.  It is very possible to blend the two, and I feel Celebrity is doing that as they retrofit the older ships.    

I am sure they did lots of research into what went into the new E Class ships.  I have sailed Edge and really enjoyed the ship.  I had another trip planned on Edge for January 2022 that was cancelled and changed to Silhouette.  My point of the failure was the balcony furniture that has replaced the larger table and chairs that were on the S Class that makes eating a meal on the balcony difficult to enjoy. The IV furniture on Edge was also not conducive to having a meal either with a tiny table and the chairs a bit uncomfortable. We actually booked a Sky Suite for the cancelled Edge cruise in order to have a true balcony vs. the IV.  I'll find out if a meal on the balcony of the Revolutionized Silhouette is still something we will be able to enjoy.

Lastly, just because they did lots of research prior to building the E Class doesn't mean they got everything right.  Just ask Coca Cola about the "New Coke".  I feel they got a lot right on E Class, but there were also some mistakes made. Putting form before function is my biggest gripe especially since I know it is possible to have both form and function work together.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, LGW59 said:

Research had nothing to do with the “fails” on the E class ships.

The sole reason for these was the designer X chose, Kelly Hoppen, who had never been on a cruise.

If X had done research with actual cruisers, these mistakes wouldn’t have been made.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, kasowell2 said:

Since there are no coffee tables in the sky suites (or other cabins) if you order breakfast where do they set the tray? 

There are large round coffee tables in suites on the Edge now. They weren’t there for the Inaugural cruise but were in the suites for Edge's first TA. We were on both cruises.

Edited by C-Dragons
  • Like 1

On 2/12/2021 at 7:07 AM, C-Dragons said:

There are large round coffee tables in suites on the Edge now. They weren’t there for the Inaugural cruise but were in the suites for Edge's first TA. We were on both cruises.

Any photos of the coffee table. Coffee table are about 15 inches from the floor. Do they lift up to eat off of?

• Like 1

On 2/13/2021 at 8:33 AM, Fouremco said:

Modern Luxury

asian-blog-image2.jpg.e18dd5103dfafa07bb1ba7656c11fe72.jpg

Yes Here is me at the Muster Drill on the Edge. We got their early, but not seats available. Yes Modern Luxury for suite guest.

IMG_20190303_120724424 (2).jpg

Edited by bigbenboys
added photo

On 2/12/2021 at 10:04 AM, C-Dragons said:

Research had nothing to do with the “fails” on the E class ships.

The sole reason for these was the designer X chose, Kelly Hoppen, who had never been on a cruise.

Can't really blame the designer.  Executives at X approved the designs.  But then I guess the blame lands back in the same place.  With all their 3D modeling some of this should have been pretty obvious.

I believe the lack of tables was a conscious decision to reduce in-room dining/room service to push people to for fee options.

On 2/11/2021 at 6:53 PM, RICCruisers said:

Here is our balcony on the Equinox in January 2020. We had breakfast on the balcony almost every day. This was after her abbreviated revolutionizing. 

mac_tlc

C9AEE5C2-0DC6-488E-902C-5F3BD883B19F.jpeg

On 2/11/2021 at 3:38 PM, bigbenboys said:

pathetic! On S class S1 as well and enjoyed a well set table.  This is just awful.  And they say it could also be just 'put on the bed'??

Edited by Oceangoer2

12 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

pathetic! On S class S1 as well and enjoyed a well set table.  This is just awful.  And they say it could also be just 'put on the bed'??

We have sailed twice in S1's on the Edge. I can assure you the Butlers never put our breakfast trays on the bed.

On the Inaugural sailing our Butler went above and beyond and delivered a proper table to our verandah for breakfast where we prefer to eat.

By the time we sailed on theTA, X had added the coffee tables to the suites.

Edited by C-Dragons
  • Like 2