Expect Oceania To Cancel May Cruises Very Soon

njhorseman

23 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

Which category do you consider yourself in - one whose opinion is allowed or an idiot? (using your distinctions, not mine)

Paul, it does not matter because name calling (idiot) is rather unbecoming of you. I thought you were better than that. 😞

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

Which category do you consider yourself in - one whose opinion is allowed or an idiot? (using your distinctions, not mine)

The question could just as well be "What category do others see YOU in?"  

I'm not calling out individuals here, just remarking that often it is the reader's perspective that categorizes authors (including me too.  🙈

On 2/17/2021 at 12:20 PM, susiesan said:

What were stores doing, carding people who looked to be over 60? Did residents of PA actually go along with this? Seems like age discrimination to me. If I would have had a need to go t oCostco no one could have stopped me.

Yes, Costco and a major Supermarket (very popular with gringos) were actually carding folks at the door.  But this was not in PA.....as we are in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico for the winter.   PA has its own problems as they try to undue a real mess with their vaccine distribution program.  Ironically, the PA Secretary of Health (Rachel Levine) recently resigned from her position to accept an appointment in the Biden administration as the new Assistant  Secretary of Health of HHS.   Her Senate confirmation hearing might be interesting, especially if she is asked about how she removed her own mother from a PA Personal Care facility (to a hotel) shortly before ordering nursing homes to take back other residents who were tested positive for COVID.  Levine did point out that personal care facilities did not fall under her jurisdiction...but still................

Hank

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Condocat said:

Thanks pointing out my omission, however, repeating important information can't hurt.

Absolutely correct. Some posters here missed that Renaissance went out of business 20 years ago. They still have to be reminded occasionally. 😂

On 2/17/2021 at 4:10 PM, Paulchili said:

Laws and orders are made for other idiots to follow - obviously not for you.

Reminds me of someone else with that philosophy.

Well said.

I don't know the rationale for Mexico's restriction but our Costco does the typical, masks, etc. And we really NEVER have to grocery shop. If I'm missing an ingredient I change the menu or fake it. With just the two of us, TP, paper towels etc last months and months.

On 2/16/2021 at 12:20 PM, LHT28 said:

We were all hoping the pandemic would be over by now  but  not happening yet

Your life may return to normal once the World or at least people in your surrounding areas are vaccinated & no more virus cases in your area

People are travelling around  spreading the virus  so it may not end very soon

JMO

“Nothing lasts forever, even cold November rain.”

8 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

I think anyone with children who were preteens or teens in the 80's and 90's and were rabid Guns N' Roses and Axl Rose  fans would know.

Actually I have no children, but was aware of the music and heard it on the radio all the time then. Not really my favorite band by any means though. 

11 hours ago, pinotlover said:

Absolutely correct. Some posters here missed that Renaissance went out of business 20 years ago. They still have to be reminded occasionally. 😂

I lovedmy 3 Ren cruises. They were one of the best companies before they went belly up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, susiesan said:

I lovedmy 3 Ren cruises. They were one of the best companies before they went belly up.

Some old farmers here still rave about Allis Chalmers tractors and farm equipment. They stopped production in 1985, as many other farmers disagreed with those appraisals. The times and markets defined how good they were. I never bought the now defunct AC equipment nor sailed Renaissance. The times and markets defined their fate.

I’ve moved on and have John Deere equipment who can service their equipment.

Edited by pinotlover
  • Like 1