A nice recent video about Azamara

excitedofharpenden

17 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

I’ll take a gin and tonic on the Sunset Veranda!🙂

Phil

I will be happy even with a glass of water anywhere onboard..... first we have to convince the FCO to lift their ban on us cruising so we can cruise and be able to rely on our personal travel insurance for any non covid event that might happen whilst cruising.  But we can dream and it is a lovely video

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Grandma Cruising said:

Thoroughly enjoyed the video, but oh it did make me want to be back onboard!

It’s  getting that it’s almost in touching distance Denise ,🙏🤞, well if you’ve got long arms and  all the stars align! Patience is a virtue so they say! 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, combine said:

It’s  getting that it’s almost in touching distance Denise ,🙏🤞, well if you’ve got long arms and  all the stars align! Patience is a virtue so they say! 

I’d love to think that we will be going on the Journey in November, Linda, but feel far from certain that this will be the case. As you say we’ll have to be patient and wait to see how things develop.

Edited by Grandma Cruising
  • Like 1

Thanks for sharing.  After our ice storm last night, I could really use a pick me up and the video reminded me of why we have come to love Azamara so much.  It's been kind of depressing this week as it was this week last year we were on the Celebrity Silhouette for our last cruise right before things shut down.  I guess we were lucky to get that in right before things got bad in the States,  but wow we miss being at sea.  But I guess there is that proverbial light at the end of the tunnel ahead and I can't wait to get back out there, especially looking forward to what Azamara might turn into, or just continue to be, as they break away from the RC family.  We haven't booked anything yet, probably looking for something in 2022 at this point.  Here's to smooth sailing ahead and I hope you all stay safe.  

2 hours ago, uktog said:

Its a lovely pick me up, shame we are now being told no overseas travel from Scotland this summer.  I just need something to look forward to that actually happens 🙂 

Just seen the FM statement on the BBC news app.  With better infection rate per 100K then England, it doesn’t auger well.  Looks like even a staycation is some time off.  Getting braced for our 3rd attempt to visit MIL to be thwarted.  It’s been a long stretch this time but consider ourselves to be fortunate compared to many and remain optimistic.

Regards

• Like 1

1 hour ago, royallondon said:

Just seen the FM statement on the BBC news app.  With better infection rate per 100K then England, it doesn’t auger well.  Looks like even a staycation is some time off.  Getting braced for our 3rd attempt to visit MIL to be thwarted.  It’s been a long stretch this time but consider ourselves to be fortunate compared to many and remain optimistic.

Regards

I know - all I want to do is drive 20 miles to see my grandson whom we haven't seen in the flesh since September.  He will be 2 next month and we had hoped even to be able to see him outdoors on the day but after the FM statement today I am feeling down realising that might not happen.  Suddenly after a year I am finding it so hard to be compliant.  I had mistakenly hoped the vaccination would let me out in March

• Like 3

3 hours ago, uktog said:

I know - all I want to do is drive 20 miles to see my grandson whom we haven't seen in the flesh since September.  He will be 2 next month and we had hoped even to be able to see him outdoors on the day but after the FM statement today I am feeling down realising that might not happen.  Suddenly after a year I am finding it so hard to be compliant.  I had mistakenly hoped the vaccination would let me out in March

That must be awful. We have a granddaughter who is now 13 months old, but we pick her up one day most weeks and bring her over to babysit and return her in the evening....child care is allowed under the rules, but perhaps you are shielding or in a more vulnerable group. Hopefully better times ahead taking say a 3 month outlook!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, hamrag said:

That must be awful. We have a granddaughter who is now 13 months old, but we pick her up one day most weeks and bring her over to babysit and return her in the evening....child care is allowed under the rules, but perhaps you are shielding or in a more vulnerable group. Hopefully better times ahead taking say a 3 month outlook!

“You can only have one childcare bubble with one other household. This means no household should be part of more than one childcare bubble.”

Due to the above Childcare rules, and living further away then the other set of grandparents, we too are missing out seeing our 2 grandchildren aged 5 & 2.  Hopefully for not much longer though 🤞

Regards

• Like 2

1 hour ago, royallondon said:

“You can only have one childcare bubble with one other household. This means no household should be part of more than one childcare bubble.”

Due to the above Childcare rules, and living further away then the other set of grandparents, we too are missing out seeing our 2 grandchildren aged 5 & 2.  Hopefully for not much longer though 🤞

Regards

That is our problem. I fear in Scotland we will see our little one some time after England. We were three weeks later than England last year and the door got closed again in our area in September. We can but hope but I do wonder come May if grandparents who have had both doses of the vaccine start really pushing the rule boundaries 

2 hours ago, royallondon said:

Regards

That appears more severe than the rules for Scotland, which enables such for essential childcare which is specifically defined. Scotland is currently in 'Stay at Home', more restrictive than level 4, but childcare under 'Stay at Home' retains the Level 4 definition. Our daughter (4 days per week) and SIL both work from home, and they can access formal childcare for only 3 days per week. The specific definition which enables us to step in for one day is:

If you aren't a key worker and don't work in another industry that's permitted to operate in level 4, you can only use informal childcare if it's essential and you have no other option. Essential childcare means:

• you are working from home, and you need informal childcare to enable you to continue to work
Edited by hamrag

1 hour ago, uktog said:

That is our problem. I fear in Scotland we will see our little one some time after England. We were three weeks later than England last year and the door got closed again in our area in September. We can but hope but I do wonder come May if grandparents who have had both doses of the vaccine start really pushing the rule boundaries 

I don't have grandchildren, but during this second lockdown have been unable to mix with anyone inside since before Christmas and outside only with one other person. And living on my own it's now becoming tedious, but if there's one thing this pandemic has taught us it's how much we value social contact.of any kind.

There's a light at least and I'm going to be like a kid in a sweet shop when things are better!  I can't look at Azamara cruises with enthusiasm just yet, but hopefully given time. 

All our circumstances are different and I count myself very lucky that I am not trying to make a living through all this. 

Phil 

• Like 10

Our first Azamara cruise was supposed to be this month out of Capetown.  We are hoping to do it next January, or just do a land trip through South Africa.  But maybe a light at the end of the tunnel - our CDC said yesterday that once you have had a second vaccine shot, and then waited 2 weeks, it would be safe to associate with other people who had also had the second shot.  So, maybe by November things can start back up.