Is Perry Grant still on Celebrity?

sjde

FYI- dear LGW59- I most certainly fall into the gay category. What I really meant- his preformences are gay- gay,  as in funny- a great time ( this also a meaning of the word " gay ") lot´s of laugheter and they are also " gay " as he is making fun of his own - and he is very very gay- which means even a blind and deaf one can " see " that. I hope that was not to complicated.

He once called himself a mix between Judy Garland and Liberace..!

Edited by Germancruiser
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, kwokpot said:

Perry's whole show is delivered from a Gay Man's point of view. My husband and I have seen his act several times and everything from the music choices, to jokes (Who in the audience has the Limited Collector's Edition DVD of The Wizard of Oz?) and other topics of reference are from a Gay Man's point of view. There's no malice in my statement. Just a statement of fact.

I didn't know that. I didn't like his shows but if I had known the point of view I might have seen them differently. In any case none had to watch his shows and the there were plenty of other entertainment options on the three sailings that I was on that he was on.

9 hours ago, Germancruiser said:

FYI- dear LGW59- I most certainly fall into the gay category. What I really meant- his preformences are gay- gay,  as in funny- a great time ( this also a meaning of the word " gay ") lot´s of laugheter and they are also " gay " as he is making fun of his own - and he is very very gay- which means even a blind and deaf one can " see " that. I hope that was not to complicated.

He once called himself a mix between Judy Garland and Liberace..!

I guess I was blind and deaf. But now that you point it out I see it. I am having an ah ha moment.  I did not have a clue. I wish I had known. 

2 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

I didn't know that. I didn't like his shows but if I had known the point of view I might have seen them differently. In any case none had to watch his shows and the there were plenty of other entertainment options on the three sailings that I was on that he was on.

The issue with Perry's show is most of his routines are very dated and of a certain period of time, namely the 1960's-early 80's. Hence the following always skews older.

A different but somewhat similar type of Gay Entertainment that also appeals to the General Public are Drag Shows or Drag Queen Brunches. The same catty, sardonic humor is what binds these types of entertainment.

The popularity of the TV show Rupaul's Drag Race Competition not only with the LGBT community but with the wider public has allowed The new Virgin Voyages Cruises to feature Drag Queen Brunches.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=3748

"Drag Show Brunch

In a new twist on the dinner-and-a-show concept loved by cruise lines like Norwegian, Scarlet Lady will pair brunch at Razzle Dazzle with a drag show by the ship's resident drag performers. To up the fun quotient, diners can pay extra for bottomless cocktails, with drag-inspired names."

Edited by kwokpot

14 hours ago, LGW59 said:

so there is gay, and "very very gay",??? oh my, I wonder if I fall into the just gay category or the very very! Is there straight and very very straight, male and very very male, female and very very female etc?!...FYI there is only one meaning to the word, it is NOT LOL at all in any way shape or form.

Yes...to both..  🙂

Lighten up..no harm/offense meant.  I hope you didn't take it that way...I knew what the poster was driving at, and I'm guessing you did too.  

Edited by PTC DAWG

On 2/28/2021 at 8:45 AM, Gracie115 said:

We saw his last shows on X while on a TA in Spring 2016.  It was not an amicable departure as he was told mid way through the sailing that he was done after that cruise and he didn't take it well and spoke a few times about it during his show and then suddenly he wasn't on the ship anymore.  

Good for X.

On 3/2/2021 at 8:34 AM, retired dude said:

we used to contact the cruise lines before we booked to make sure that he was not on those sailings..His whole act was repulsive......saw him once and that was plenty...

His act is repulsive. He apparently doesn’t know how to make people laugh without insulting them.

On 3/3/2021 at 8:14 AM, Cruise a holic said:

Perry was in a small venue= so if you didn't enjoy his show- don't go.  Surely not a valid reason to not sail on a ship.  I dislike the acrobatic type performances- they are repetitive and typically if part of a show, just walk out.  But I do enjoy other performances.  

If you walk out of those shows or walk in a little late you’re  made fun of. No talent.

On 3/10/2021 at 1:14 PM, simon stingray said:

....His comments to people leaving the room are just part of the act and people shouldn't take it personally or the wrong way. I've seen other performers (a comedian) who had exactly the same routine when someone walked into the room after the show had started or when they got up to go to the bathroom.  Everyone in the room laughs and you just have to laugh along with them......

Why do people find it funny when someone makes fun of other people? I guess they never out grew jr high.

12 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

Wow, I feel sorry for Comedians, etc. with some of the thin skin I'm sensing on this thread...Don Rickles would never make it today.  

Trust me I have thick skin. When did it become funny to insult others for laughs? If a comedian can’t make you laugh without insulting individuals then he/she isn’t funny.

• Like 1

Just because one does not like a certain type of entertainment, I see no reason why so many people have to insult the preferences of those who did enjoy his performance and cruised on Celebrity repeatedly for years.  Constellation's Michael's Club was standing room only for years while he was onboard. 

When X decided to set up Michael's as a lounge, other venues just did not work.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

Yes...to both..  🙂

Lighten up..no harm/offense meant.  I hope you didn't take it that way...I knew what the poster was driving at, and I'm guessing you did too.  

"Lighten up"...walk a mile in my shoes and then tell me that, have a very very nice evening.

On 3/2/2021 at 8:30 AM, markeb said:

... Which wasn't the OPs question, of course, which has been answered. He's not onboard Celebrity.

As mentioned on the first page, OP's question has been answered. Time to close this thread.

• Like 1