It's nice to see that Princess still sends out birthday emails

CineGraphic

In this age of expected budget cuts, it's nice to see that Princess still emails video birthday cards.

We were supposed to be boarding the Caribbean Princess today, but if I have to settle for an email instead of a cruise, so be it. Such is life.

• Like 5

I'll see if I get one tomorrow. I may or may not but I usually get one October 14 saying, "Happy Birthday, Jill!" That's not my birthday and I'm not Jill. I don't know a Jill. I don't believe I have ever known a Jill. Princess can't figure out why I get the email but it comes every year.

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I'll see if I get one tomorrow. I may or may not but I usually get one October 14 saying, "Happy Birthday, Jill!" That's not my birthday and I'm not Jill. I don't know a Jill. I don't believe I have ever known a Jill. Princess can't figure out why I get the email but it comes every year.

I'm aka "Kong" ... at least according to Princess

• Haha 1

My wife's birthday is 7 August (7th of the 8th month) but she gets her email card on the 8th of July. I just gathered it is due to the crazy American way of putting the month before the day - why do they do that? Doesn't it make sense to go day then month then year.

I might regret that I asked!

22 minutes ago, leck57 said:

My wife's birthday is 7 August (7th of the 8th month) but she gets her email card on the 8th of July. I just gathered it is due to the crazy American way of putting the month before the day - why do they do that? Doesn't it make sense to go day then month then year.

image.jpeg.2f6e98614e0972728c7f756e8631dcb4.jpeg

Because that's how it's done here. 😁 Same reason we in the US use metric money but don't use other metric measures. (Okay, we have moved our liquor to metric measures.) For a very long time Britain used metric measures but not metric money. People developed weird systems piecemeal and they don't always make sense to others. Even time doesn't make sense to young people. Tell my daughter to meet me at "half past 6" ("half 6" for the Brits) or "a quarter to 8" or something of that sort and she gets very peeved. It's not "digital" so it makes no sense to her why I would use such "archaic" terms.

Edited by Thrak
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, leck57 said:

It might somehow relate to the fact that there are only 3 countries in the entire world that still use the metric system and perhaps the same date system - the US, Burma and Liberia. 

DON