Anthem UK cruises in the summer?

7 hours ago, sgmn said:

Or you could ask for a carton of milk from the windjammer,  the ones that are for cereal, and keep it in the coolbox/mini fridge in the room

Agree to take your own tea bags  

Yep I’ve already got the tea bags ready thanks, I forgot about the milk cartons that will make life easier as we do drink loads of tea in the cabin.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kw1816 said:

While both disappointing and understandable, I’m hoping that RC add some more shorex options, the current ones are a bit underwhelming.

I notice in my cruise planner that the prices for children have gone down substantially for the shore excursions today - obviously in response to the new protocols. It would be great if they did an excursion package,  or a credit for excursions for everyone. Maybe some discounts will appear in the cruise planner in the next couple of weeks. If not I am waiting until we are on board before booking anything - I'm really not that bothered if I don't get off the ship at all lol!

And I agree , I would like some more options - of the current ones I only see a couple I am interested in.

Guest BigRoger

Just a general aside…. Has anyone on 15th or 23rd Anthem cruises been able to book anything online re shows etc as yet? (We can’t access anything yet but just checking)….

23 minutes ago, BigRoger said:

Just a general aside…. Has anyone on 15th or 23rd Anthem cruises been able to book anything online re shows etc as yet? (We can’t access anything yet but just checking)….

I'm on the 15th and it's still showing no shows for me.  Until I can book the shows I don't want to do dinner reservations as the shows are important to me - I'm a big theatre lover! 

Guest BigRoger
2 minutes ago, gilbster said:

I'm on the 15th and it's still showing no shows for me.  Until I can book the shows I don't want to do dinner reservations as the shows are important to me - I'm a big theatre lover! 

Bang on….. we particularly want to make sure we can see ‘we will rock you’ as many times as we can…. We saw it on Anthem before and in the west end and it’s an awesome show….. don’t want to miss out

Edited by BigRoger

12 minutes ago, BigRoger said:

Bang on….. we particularly want to make sure we can see ‘we will rock you’ as many times as we can…. We saw it on Anthem before and in the west end and it’s an awesome show….. don’t want to miss out

I saw it in the West End years ago, and love the sound track too, happy to just see it once and fit in whatever other shows / evening entertainment there might be. Knowing me on a cruise ship, I have a habit of running around from 1 activity to another most of the day - I swear I'm more active on a cruise than anything else in my life! 

• Haha 1

On 7/15/2021 at 7:42 PM, kw1816 said:

31 days to go - can’t wait for our first family holiday in 2 years 😊

Just tried my suit on for the first time in a while, it doesn’t fit - not entirely surprising! What are the expectations for formal night on UK sailings, is it a big thing or can I get away with smart trousers and shirts (8 night sailing).

Kevin

Wear what you like, on the 7/7 sailing it was not very formal at all.

On 7/15/2021 at 9:01 PM, gilbster said:

Funnily enough was just trying on half my clothes to see what decent tops that may still fit - and basically just praying a smart top and my black trousers and converse will be ok for formal nights - as that is basically all I own - haven't owned a dress in over 20 years - and normally cruise NCL so don't have to worry about anything directly called a formal night. 

As a lady I wore tailored shorts, a blouse and loafers absolutely fine! I wore corporate business wear for 20 odd years, I am on holiday!

13 hours ago, gilbster said:

I'm pretty sure from what people on the current and past cruises have said that shows can only  be booked through the app when onboard. I know they said that extra shows were put on so that everyone would have a chance to see them as social distancing meant that a lot of seats in the theatre were not available. 

We are on the 15th and I have been checking every day anyway in case they appear , but no luck so far!

We are currently on Anthem. I would have written regular posts, but WiFi seems to be struggling with number using App!

You can’t book any shows until you are authorised to board in Southampton. Availability is very good for all shows. Only problem is North Star and Skydiving which sea days are exclusively pay for experiences!

On 7/16/2021 at 9:11 PM, BigRoger said:

Hi don't have any concerns at all….. we are also on 15th as others have said they are… reality is it’s totally personal choice what anyone wears on any evening of the cruise…. Our personal choice is we really like getting very dressed up so I’ll be taking the tux…. Matters not a jot to me or DW whether others do the same or choose to dress more casually…. We are all on vacation and trying to enjoy ourselves in our own way…..

In contrast we’ve done Norwegian many times and always dress up ‘elegantly’ for a few nights and never felt uncomfortable in any way. 

That said as I called out an obnoxious poster in another post who was slagging off people who dress up as being idiots… it’s not a badge of honour and pride to dress like a slob and slag others off for not doing the same…. 

just do your thing and enjoy it!

We are on the 7th and I am taking cocktail wear for formal evenings. Haven't had the chance for 18 months to dress up.

Scotland has welcomed its first cruise ship since the start of the pandemic in early 2020.

The 118-passenger MS Island Sky called at Lerwick Harbour, Shetland, early on July 19, thanks to the Scottish Government’s lifting of the coronavirus-related ban on cruise ships visiting Scottish ports from July 19.

Operated by Noble Caledonia, the ship berthed at Lerwick’s Victoria Pier with 66 passengers on board, half the capacity of the vessel, which is on a full circumnavigation of the UK.

“Over the last year, the cruise sector has worked tirelessly with the Scottish and UK Governments and industry partners to develop and strengthen health and safety measures which now exceed those of any other travel sector and are the result of extensive collaboration,” Chairman of Cruise Scotland, Rob Mason, said.

“The decision to resume cruise is a welcome encouragement for our Scottish ports and harbors with the wider supply chain now able to recommence operations, welcoming UK sailings and UK passengers only, after a period of nearly 18 months following a voluntary suspension of visits in March 2020,” he added.

Scottish ports have reopened for cruise ships on UK-only sailings, carrying UK passengers. Quarantine measures are in place to protect everyone involved during visits, complementing the comprehensive steps taken by cruise operators.

“‘The health and well-being of passengers, crew, shoreside staff and the communities visited are paramount, and the current protocols have already been extensively tested as almost 600,000 people have sailed on cruises since last summer elsewhere around the globe, which includes many English ports and harbors since May of this year,” said Mason.

Scotland Welcomes MS Island Sky, First Cruise Ship Since Pandemic - Cruise Industry News | Cruise News

• Thanks 1

On 7/17/2021 at 10:01 PM, BigRoger said:

just off Anthem. We will Rock you was on at 19.30 on 2 days and a matinee one afternoon 14.30. You can only book once on board. Currently starring Curly Watts from Coronation Street as Pop. The anytime dining earliest reservation was 18.45 but we asked and they noted on our reservation (1900)we would be there at 1745. There was no problem and we had 3 courses and were out within 1 hour. Service has been very quick in the dining room. 

The theatre capacity is greatly reduced with a current capacity of 300 (normally 1300)

Most other shows were 1915 and 22.15.

I would book your shows as soon as you get on board and work from there. The buffet is currently closed after 1500 and 270 after 1700. Solarium bistro never opens. 

It is a bit strange eg. waiting to be seated in Windjammer and no self service of drinks but you soon get used to it and the service is very good so no waiting ages for drinks anywhere. 

It was lovely to be on such an empty ship with the usual staffing level. 

im sure you’ll love it 

Edited by Highpeaklad
Extra info
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Highpeaklad said:

just off Anthem. We will Rock you was on at 19.30 on 2 days and a matinee one afternoon 14.30. You can only book once on board. Currently starring Curly Watts from Coronation Street as Pop. The anytime dining earliest reservation was 18.45 but we asked and they noted on our reservation (1900)we would be there at 1745. There was no problem and we had 3 courses and were out within 1 hour. Service has been very quick in the dining room. 

The theatre capacity is greatly reduced with a current capacity of 300 (normally 1300)

I would book your shows as soon as you get on board and work from there. The buffet is currently closed after 1500 and 270 after 1700. Solarium bistro never opens. 

It is a bit strange eg. waiting to be seated in Windjammer and no self service of drinks but you soon get used to it and the service is very good so no waiting ages for drinks anywhere. 

It was lovely to be on such an empty ship with the usual staffing level. 

im sure you’ll love it 

Thanks for the update.   We don't board until October so I expect things will change.   Btw when were luggage tags and documents available?   We're checked in for our October 9th cruise.  Usually documents and tags were available 45 days out.

Guest BigRoger

Thanks to those updating and sharing from the ship re shows etc - very much appreciated…. Really looking forward to 15th and 23rd cruises… and WWRY (even with curly watts!) - very strange to go back in time…. He was playing the same role on board in the production of WWRY during the Transatlantic in October 2015! Some things change…. Some clearly don’t….

Guest BigRoger

Hi can I ask (anyone!) another couple of points of policy detail for these cruises please? 

1. Are guests in junior suites still being given access to coastal kitchen for dinner please?

2. Are you still allowed to take on board 2 bottles of wine per stateroom?

thanks in advance 

1 hour ago, njkruzer said:

Thanks for the update.   We don't board until October so I expect things will change.   Btw when were luggage tags and documents available?   We're checked in for our October 9th cruise.  Usually documents and tags were available 45 days out.

I think it was about 24 hours before sailing. Too late for us to print luggage labels , they just write them at the port

1 minute ago, Highpeaklad said:

I think it was about 24 hours before sailing. Too late for us to print luggage labels , they just write them at the port

Thanks.  Hope by October cruises things are more normal.   I am getting worried again after new announcements as to quarantines,  etc.

46 minutes ago, BigRoger said:

Hi can I ask (anyone!) another couple of points of policy detail for these cruises please? 

1. Are guests in junior suites still being given access to coastal kitchen for dinner please?

2. Are you still allowed to take on board 2 bottles of wine per stateroom?

thanks in advance 

Yes.

Yes.

3 hours ago, Star cruise said:

Looking to book a cruise on Anthem in late August does anyone know if the health protocols have been updated since  Monday 19th July?

Not sure it matters much as it could change daily.

Edited by Biker19

4 hours ago, Star cruise said:

Good Morning All

Looking to book a cruise on Anthem in late August does anyone know if the health protocols have been updated since  Monday 19th July?

thank you 

I would also be interested to know if they have increased their permitted load (think it was 1000 before 19th July) or were they selling full anyway after 19th in anticipation of everything opening up?

Does anyone know of they are going by UK government rules for next couple of months or are their covid regulations stricter ?

Edited by sgmn

4 hours ago, sgmn said:

I would also be interested to know if they have increased their permitted load (think it was 1000 before 19th July) or were they selling full anyway after 19th in anticipation of everything opening up?

Unlikely any ship in any market will be anywhere close to full capacity for some time, regardless of rules.

• Thanks 1