Voice your concerns

6 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Lucky you stayed an extra night and were rewarded with a change in the weather.  Enjoy your lakeside villa luxury in December. 

I came across Myall Lakes whilst exploring on a Sydney to Brisbane trip and thought it was a beautiful area.  

The Myall resort is about 30 minutes from Hawk's Nest/Tea Gardens. it is a beautiful area and very popular spot for retirees.

Edited by lyndarra

1 minute ago, lyndarra said:

The Myall resort is about 30 minutes from Hawk's Nest/Tea Gardens. it is a beautiful area and very popular spot for retirees.

Back in the seventies it was under canvas or plywood van. No resorts back then.

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Yet go about 12km (by road) to the Lane Cove Canopy and it would have been busy.

Adelaide Central Markets were very busy on Saturday. Chinatown was moderately busy on Monday night.

Locals are still going to their favourite places, domestic tourists are doing their bit but things won't be back to pre-Covid normal until it's safe to open the international border. Judging by the number of NSW quarantine cases this week that will still be a long way off. The government is doing the right thing keeping the international border closed, and I hope that when they do open it they will be selective as to which countries they open it to until this pandemic is over or until sufficient people in Australia have been vaccinated.

We don’t really have to be vaccinated,other countries have done it with out vaccines.

Our state government is talking about not reporting the cases because it so low.

34 minutes ago, NSWP said:

About 3 weeks ago I had a day at Darling Harbour with my son and later on 4 of his mates, bar crawl, lunch. Deserted. I have been to DH a hundred times, never seen it so deserted. Many of the shops and eateries were just closed up. No overseas tourists that is why. It was Week day an raining but.

It was quite pleasant uncle Les all those empty restaurants and specials!

• Like 1

Can understand the frustration about borders but doubt the minister for health and aged care will have any individual decision making power to change anything.

Who knows given the current political scandals, there may be an early election and new rules?

The vaccine roll out will need to ramp up.

The photo ops are tiresome, especially if every plane or vehicle carrying vaccines or fridges is going to be photographed.

Prefer to get our GP to give it but he said they have had no info about when or how it will be rolled out to them.

Meanwhile we will holiday at home.   

2 hours ago, frantic36 said:

I don't understand why Sydney's is so bad except that they must focus more on international tourism then we do?

Pretty much. I went into the city on Monday and I was surprised how deserted everything was 😳. But walk around the suburbs it is buzzing with business. Most of Sydney city business is reliant on tourists and business workers. Clearly there are no tourists and it seems people are still working from home. 

23 hours ago, Docker123 said:

I really think Mr Hunt has more to worry about than cruises.

The govt plan was to distribute 80,000 doses and vaccinate 60,000 people by end of Feb. About 60,000 were distributed and 30,000 used.

So, the trajectory of getting everyone done by October is already challenged.

Then we consider the consequences of rocking up a boatload of crew 1,000-1,500. One of the biggest sources of crew, the Philippines, only started vaccinating on Monday. And they are having supply line problems.

Add in the political dimensions. The govt have a few other political “spot fire” to deal with at the moment.

Another problem on Hunt’s plate, and for us in Oz.

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/03/04/europe/italy-astrazeneca-doses-australia-intl/index.html

Italy invoked European Union powers to block the export of 250,000 Covid-19 vaccine doses to Australia on Thursday, in a dramatic escalation of a dispute between the EU and drug giant AstraZeneca.

11 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

Another problem on Hunt’s plate, and for us in Oz.

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/03/04/europe/italy-astrazeneca-doses-australia-intl/index.html

Italy invoked European Union powers to block the export of 250,000 Covid-19 vaccine doses to Australia on Thursday, in a dramatic escalation of a dispute between the EU and drug giant AstraZeneca.

To be honest they need a lot more than we do.

But where is the vaccine we are supposed to be making,it is still supposed to be weeks away.
 Apparently it takes 3 months to make but not as if they only realise there’s a pandemic.

3 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

But where is the vaccine we are supposed to be making,it is still supposed to be weeks away.
 Apparently it takes 3 months to make but not as if they only realise there’s a pandemic.

I agree, there is a pandemic in Europe, the EU countries in the east have had a rise in covid infections recently.  The EU must be served first. Let's face it we can wait, if we have to wait a year, we have to wait a year.

Edited by NSWP

10 hours ago, ilikeanswers said:

Pretty much. I went into the city on Monday and I was surprised how deserted everything was 😳. But walk around the suburbs it is buzzing with business. Most of Sydney city business is reliant on tourists and business workers. Clearly there are no tourists and it seems people are still working from home. 

Sydney has improved,6 months ago everything was closed.It was like a science fiction movie.

A group of us stayed at the four seasons for $250 a room .

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

It was quite pleasant uncle Les all those empty restaurants and specials!

Yes, we went to a Mexican place there, half price lunch specials, only half a dozen in the place. Went to the Japanese brew house, they extended happy hour to two hours to get the drinkers in and complimentary snacks. They got us in for a session, I must have had a dozen pints of ye olde cider, that's the problem when you are in a shout with 5 blokes 40-45.🤑

Edited by NSWP

Just now, NSWP said:

Yes, we went to a Mexican place there, half price lunch specials, only half a dozen in the place. Went to the Japanese brew house, they extended happy hour to two hours to get the drinkers in.

Fish market had lobster cooked up for $30

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, NSWP said:

About 3 weeks ago I had a day at Darling Harbour with my son and later on 4 of his mates, bar crawl, lunch. Deserted. I have been to DH a hundred times, never seen it so deserted. Many of the shops and eateries were just closed up. No overseas tourists that is why. It was Week day an raining but.

Darling Harbour is mainly popular with overseas tourists. Sydney CBD locals tend to go to Barangaroo these days where the cafe scene is more vibrant and most of the restaurants aren't as overpriced like the Darlng Harbour ones.

59 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

The locally made vaccine has always been targeted to the end of March, so on track. Process can’t be speeded up.

The govt’s model was to have about 3 million doses from Europe to commence vaccinations at beginning of March, then the Australian made coming on stream. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Darling Harbour is mainly popular with overseas tourists. Sydney CBD locals tend to go to Barangaroo these days where the cafe scene is more vibrant and most of the restaurants aren't as overpriced like the Darlng Harbour ones.

Yes, I know, we bar crawled up to Barangaroo from DH. The suits were around the latter, wining and dining as it was a Friday. Many lunch deals on at Barangaroo eateries. We kicked off at DH first because we went to the Maritime Museum. I had not been there for 20 years, that was empty too. So after 3 hrs there, hit the bars from 1pm to 7pm, big arvo. I cannot remember much, too many lemonades, only paying $55 for the cab as we could not get an Uber, raining and Friday. I later found out, my son's mate's were asked to leave a couple of places and refused entry to a couple of others, mind you, that was at midnight after a 10 hour session on the adult beverages.😆

Edited by NSWP

4 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

I think they had to wait till it got TGA approval.

4 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Sydney has improved,6 months ago everything was closed.It was like a science fiction movie.

A group of us stayed at the four seasons for $250 a room .

I was down in Darling Harbour and I would say half the businesses were closed. At least the parks are always open and there were families with kids around the water park which brought a bit of life to an otherwise dead area 😉

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NSWP said:

Yes, we went to a Mexican place there, half price lunch specials, only half a dozen in the place. Went to the Japanese brew house, they extended happy hour to two hours to get the drinkers in and complimentary snacks. They got us in for a session, I must have had a dozen pints of ye olde cider, that's the problem when you are in a shout with 5 blokes 40-45.🤑

I like the look of Barangaroo especially in quite times .

Royal Caribbean just gave me 4 tickets to Taronga.

Im thinking we might stay a the Hyatt Regency at Barangaroo for a night.

Whats you’re thoughts uncle Les

0D8C5105-86A3-484F-9CCC-82BE6243B316.thumb.png.985f06c02cad629482e8ee79f041e32b.png

3 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I like the look of Barangaroo especially in quite times .

Royal Caribbean just gave me 4 tickets to Taronga.

Im thinking we might stay a the Hyatt Regency at Barangaroo for a night.

Whats you’re thoughts uncle Les

0D8C5105-86A3-484F-9CCC-82BE6243B316.thumb.png.985f06c02cad629482e8ee79f041e32b.png

Do it, a nice little break. Not been to Hyatt but would be 5 star. As I said, currently quiet during the week and some good eating deals on around there. Above all, enjoy.

Edited by NSWP
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

We will go for Taronga and a night at Hyatt regency for $200 a room.

Hi Chiliburn,

I;m not a regular poster but I just wanted to thank you for putting up  the link for the Taronga Zoo Competiion.

I also won 4 tickets and we are taking the grandson up tommorrow.

I have stayed at the Hyatt Regency many times, its a lovey hotel and I'm sure you will love it.

Thank You again 😊

49 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Good for you,

Get some push bikes and ride around.

I can recommend a Thule 2 bike rack. Attaches to tow ball, lockable and can be removed in seconds when not in use.

https://www.pushys.com.au/thule-970-xpress-2-bike-towbar-mounted-bike-carrier.html?gclid=CjwKCAiAp4KCBhB6EiwAxRxbpAjpOx4k1q6Wl-zQ2WQ-WHjWTpIPJC2xutrY-uxEGli74cY3gILc-RoCmsoQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

26 minutes ago, Sally0101 said:

Hi Chiliburn,

I;m not a regular poster but I just wanted to thank you for putting up  the link for the Taronga Zoo Competiion.

I also won 4 tickets and we are taking the grandson up tommorrow.

I have stayed at the Hyatt Regency many times, its a lovey hotel and I'm sure you will love it.

Thank You again 😊

You’re winning is my pleasure.

Post a bit more,don’t be shy we are all friends.

• Like 1