NCL World Cruise 2024

pmatawan

great idea, and even though we usually book a haven suite, ive  checked world cruises on other cruise  lines,  but even an indoor cabin (which i would never consider. i'd rather stay home)  is  way, way  WAY out of my budget,

i never presume to tell anyone else how to spend their money, but if you can afford this more power to you

@complawyer

We cruise to meet others and to visit new places so we would rather have 80 days a year Inside rather than 20 in a Suite..   That way we spend about the same and see more and meet more.   As we are getting older and are towards the end of our cruising we could afford one really big spend.   It will be a way of us spending our money and not having to leave it to our children!!!!   Anyway they earn, on an annual basis, far more than we ever did when in full time work. 

Edited by casofilia
  • Like 2

World cruises can be simulated with what we call "serial cruising" - lots of back to back sailings, as a one-way voyage across part of the world.  It's usually more in depth than the world cruises, which rush around and skip things.

Our last long cruise was London to Singapore at the end of 2019.  Two back-to-back cruises from London and around the Med on the Spirit (very few sea days), change ship same day at Rome to the Jade, then carry on to the Middle East and Asia (two more back to back cruises).  65 days in total, around 40 ports (some duplicated, some overnight stays).  And it was below $100 USD per person per day, including fees and service charges (inside cabin).

Probably can't get those sort of prices again anytime soon, but there are still plenty of longer cruises that could be strung together, if the seasons are right. Even something simple like a caribbean cruise or two followed by a transatlantic followed by a couple of Med cruises (then a short flight if needed to add some UK/Norway/Baltics as it gets warmer) can still be several months and very varied.

Some of the cruises we've booked in 2022 and 2023 are back-to-back, most are sequences of 4 or more cruises on one or two ships.  Unlikely to sail exactly as currently planned (not at all for some), so our plans are flexible.

Rob

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Rob_H said:

World cruises can be simulated with what we call "serial cruising" - lots of back to back sailings, as a one-way voyage across part of the world.  It's usually more in depth than the world cruises, which rush around and skip things.

Our last long cruise was London to Singapore at the end of 2019.  Two back-to-back cruises from London and around the Med on the Spirit (very few sea days), change ship same day at Rome to the Jade, then carry on to the Middle East and Asia (two more back to back cruises).  65 days in total, around 40 ports (some duplicated, some overnight stays).  And it was below $100 USD per person per day, including fees and service charges (inside cabin).

Probably can't get those sort of prices again anytime soon, but there are still plenty of longer cruises that could be strung together, if the seasons are right. Even something simple like a caribbean cruise or two followed by a transatlantic followed by a couple of Med cruises (then a short flight if needed to add some UK/Norway/Baltics as it gets warmer) can still be several months and very varied.

Some of the cruises we've booked in 2022 and 2023 are back-to-back, most are sequences of 4 or more cruises on one or two ships.  Unlikely to sail exactly as currently planned (not at all for some), so our plans are flexible.

Rob

100$ a day, do you meen to say it was like 50$ a person? Sounds like a very good deal. I wonder what this price included daily. I mean how much money you spend on other things on board plays even more important part of that thing casue usually you spend on board more than you pay for the cruise itself 

17 hours ago, pmatawan said:

NCL,  if your reading this, please give some consideration to sailing a World Cruise. I'm ready to book!

You can book a world cruise on NCL's sister company, Oceania, which has done a world cruise on Insignia for a number of years.

17 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

100$ a day, do you meen to say it was like 50$ a person? Sounds like a very good deal. I wonder what this price included daily. I mean how much money you spend on other things on board plays even more important part of that thing casue usually you spend on board more than you pay for the cruise itself 

That would be a great deal!  No, as I said it was under $100 per PERSON per day (under $200 per day for the cabin).. We rarely spend much on board, so not very good customers despite going on lots of cruises! NCL don't make much profit from us. That included fare, port fees and taxes, service charges, offset by some travel agent OBC and shareholder OBC. 

We get the two platinum speciality meals (x4 sailings) so don't need to buy that, don't buy much alcohol, and the tours we did take were mostly independent (booked in advance for places like Israel and Egypt).  Yes, a thousand or two total in tourist expenses each on top of the fare but very little of it on board, mostly on locally-brought tours.

15 hours ago, Rob_H said:

Rob

how  many days and what category cabin/ deck were you in?

21 hours ago, complawyer said:

great idea, and even though we usually book a haven suite, ive  checked world cruises on other cruise  lines,  but even an indoor cabin (which i would never consider. i'd rather stay home)  is  way, way  WAY out of my budget,

i never presume to tell anyone else how to spend their money, but if you can afford this more power to you

The one currently offered by MSC is actually very reasonable when you break it down by price per day. Last time I checked it was around $200/pp/day for a balcony and included the drink package plus free laundry services. If I had the vacation time I would book it in a heartbeat. I've yet to book a cruise at that low of a price/day rate.

On 3/7/2021 at 12:58 PM, pmatawan said:

NCL,  if your reading this, please give some consideration to sailing a World Cruise. I'm ready to book!

The NCLH 2023 World Cruise Miami-Miami (December 28, 2022 - July 29, 2023) sold out in a few hours last month. Inside rooms started at $149K per person with Owner's Suite for $425K per person. 

image.png.ebe2bd4315228db890b4d1acb10decb3.png

image.png.cbb52ccd8b138f4ad4fac6be55f3a841.png

Edited by BirdTravels

8 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

The NCLH 2023 World Cruise Miami-Miami (December 28, 2022 - July 29, 2023) sold out in a few hours last month. Inside rooms started at $149K per person with Owner's Suite for $425K per person. 

image.png.ebe2bd4315228db890b4d1acb10decb3.png

image.png.cbb52ccd8b138f4ad4fac6be55f3a841.png

7 hours ago, complawyer said:

definitely way outside my budget

Those are the phony brochure fares. Not one cabin is ever sold at that price. The actual per passenger fares are less than half what is stated there as Oceania always sells at "2 for 1" plus additional "discounts". Actual selling prices start at $49,999 per person cruise only for the cheapest inside cabin and go to 187,999 for the most expensive suite.

Edited by njhorseman

5 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

Those are the phony brochure fares. Not one cabin is ever sold at that price. The actual per passenger fares are half what is stated there as Oceania always sells at "2 for 1".

It also completely skips Indonesia & Australia/New Zealand, which are must-do's to me if I'm literally traveling around the world. I'd much rather traverse from the US across the dateline though South Pacific waters, than titanic sinking iceberg infested waters in the Bering Straight.

9 minutes ago, Sailing12Away said:

It also completely skips Indonesia & Australia/New Zealand, which are must-do's to me if I'm literally traveling around the world. I'd much rather traverse from the US across the dateline though South Pacific waters, than titanic sinking iceberg infested waters in the Bering Straight.

They change the itinerary every year. it's impossible to cover every destination someone might be interested in within the 180 days. Personally I like this itinerary as it gets to a lot of destinations I haven't seen yet.

Edited by njhorseman