booking B2Bs for mid 2022 allowed?

Rllyfun

Just got off the phone with a Princess vacation planner ... well, they actually hung up on ME, after a 20 minute hold while they went to check if I was allowed to finish booking a B2B2B that I have reserved,  for a 16 day trip in May of 2022.

I just needed to pay the deposit & want to use my FCD's.

Maybe it was an accident they hung up on me after that long hold, ...but I given them my ph#,  .... and they were looking at all my booking info, so they certainly COULD call me back if they had wanted! (and, we've been cruising with Princess since 2005...)

And I all needed to do was pay the deposit hold by today, or lose the rooms.

(I booked the B2B2B online last Fri night thru Princess, so today is the first day my planner was supposed to be back for me to call, but he was off work today)

...No one has called me back yet & it's been hours.

So I didn't get any answer about booking future B2b's... if that's even going to be a problem?  Maybe?

And my regular Princess planner Cyrus isn't in this week I guess,  I'm sure he would have info or a work a round. I'll call him again to see if he's in next week, but that doesn't help me with my deposit due today...!

Sooo...  Any wise CC'rs out there, recently successfully booked B2B trips for the post-covid 2022 future???

Should I call Princess back and play "dial a planner" to see if I get a better response?

Thanks!

OK, thanks! 

I'm thinking to ignore the young kids at the Princess phone line, and just put my deposit down thru the website...

Can't see why Princess would really want to turn down a $13k booking for a 16 day cruise... no wonder my CCL stocks are in the dumpster!

I'm going to go back online tonight and see if I can figure out how to use my FCD's with an online bookings.... I usually just call the planner and have them apply it to my reservations... but it can't be that hard!

Thanks again!

I am waiting to see if mine will actually work. I had three booked out of Southampton for later this year and when they were canceled I took the option of moving to same cruise next year. One of the three has been rebooked (shows up on cruise personalizer) with same cabin while the other two have not. Princess rep could not explain 🙂

I'm booked on my first "short" B2B, 7 day Coastals out of San Fran April 2022.  I have longer B2B's for Nov. 2021, Med + TA then Aug. 2022 Baltic + TA.  If I'm cruising, I prefer to be gone for 3 weeks or more and usually overseas.   I haven't been to San Diego or Seattle, 14 days isn't ideal but I don't want to be gone in May or I could add the 10 day up to Alaska and back.

Just an update from the OP....

I waited most of the day to see if Princess would call me back after hanging up on me,   and at least let me know the outcome of what the first rep had told me,... (that I wasn't allowed to book any B2B cruises in 2022,  ... but no call ever came.

So after waiting most of the day.... I called again at 4:30 pm in the afternoon & got a different Princess somebody.

Anyway, after telling me that I had an "assigned Princess Vacation planner" & to use him, ...she finally agreed with me he wasn't available, ...and she booked my B2B2B using my FCDs!

(oh yea... she also tried, "I could just do it myself with a CC online", too!)

I guess Princess is just under staffed and overworked, sad.

(and yes, I did try earlier to figure out how I could use my FCDs to book online myself...without success!)

So....

I didn't ask any questions about if B2B's were allowed,   ... this rep never said I couldn't book a B2B,... AND she did take the deposits, ...& so I guess I am booked for a B2B2B in 2022  ?....

...But, who knows?

The Princess version of don't ask, don't tell I guess...

...🙂

We have had a B2B booked for March & April 2022 (41 days from Sydney) since last October and nothing has been said about it no longer being allowed. I've talked to our CVP several times over the last couple months to refare one of the legs. Almost this same itinerary was canceled in  2020 and again for 2021 (should be on the cruise now 😢) so have fingers crossed that we can go in 2022. I suspect that right now the cruise lines have no idea what they will and will not be able to do next year.

2 hours ago, Rllyfun said:

I didn't ask any questions about if B2B's were allowed,   ... this rep never said I couldn't book a B2B,... AND she did take the deposits, ...& so I guess I am booked for a B2B2B in 2022  ?....

...But, who knows?

The B2B restriction is because the CDC will not allow cruises of more than 7 days that involve a USA port and this is only until November 1 of this year (unless extended).

So B2Bs are allowed on all cruises that do not involve a USA port and after November 1 on cruises that do involve a USA port.

• Like 1

Booked Sky for Dec 28th we were going to book another ship for the day we return on CCL. Well I looked at cabins on Sky found our cabin open  on Jan 8th sailing so called my planner and she took care of our booking. 

20 hours ago, caribill said:

The B2B restriction is because the CDC will not allow cruises of more than 7 days that involve a USA port and this is only until November 1 of this year (unless extended).

So B2Bs are allowed on all cruises that do not involve a USA port and after November 1 on cruises that do involve a USA port.

Can you tell me where this info can be found? I have a B2B in October and would love to know if it's gonna happen.

18 minutes ago, Sillyjilly said:

Can you tell me where this info can be found? I have a B2B in October and would love to know if it's gonna happen.

If it involves a USA port, the following from the CDC applies:

https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/pdf/CDC-Conditional-Sail-Order_10_30_2020-p.pdf

The cruise ship operator must not sail or offer to sail on an itinerary longer than 7 days. CDC may shorten or lengthen the number of days permitted to sail based on public health considerations and as set forth in technical instructions.

This Order is effective upon signature and shall remain in effect until the earliest of (1) the expiration of the Secretary of Health and Human Services’ declaration that COVID-19 constitutes a public health emergency; (2) the CDC Director rescinds or modifies the order based on specific public health or other considerations; or (3) November 1, 2021.

If it does not involve a USA port, the CDC restrictions do not apply.

14 hours ago, caribill said:

If it involves a USA port, the following from the CDC applies:

https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/pdf/CDC-Conditional-Sail-Order_10_30_2020-p.pdf

The cruise ship operator must not sail or offer to sail on an itinerary longer than 7 days. CDC may shorten or lengthen the number of days permitted to sail based on public health considerations and as set forth in technical instructions.

This Order is effective upon signature and shall remain in effect until the earliest of (1) the expiration of the Secretary of Health and Human Services’ declaration that COVID-19 constitutes a public health emergency; (2) the CDC Director rescinds or modifies the order based on specific public health or other considerations; or (3) November 1, 2021.

If it does not involve a USA port, the CDC restrictions do not apply.

Thanks! I couldn't find it.

My TA insists that they can't stop me from doing a B2B, but I was sure it wasn't allowed.

On 3/8/2021 at 1:20 PM, Rllyfun said:

OK, thanks! 

I'm thinking to ignore the young kids at the Princess phone line, and just put my deposit down thru the website...

Can't see why Princess would really want to turn down a $13k booking for a 16 day cruise... no wonder my CCL stocks are in the dumpster!

I'm going to go back online tonight and see if I can figure out how to use my FCD's with an online bookings.... I usually just call the planner and have them apply it to my reservations... but it can't be that hard!

Yes, it can!! I'm rarely able to use my FCDs online. For some reason the option simply isn't there.

If it's there, it's easy peasy. If it's missing, call Princess (I usually just talk to whoever answers the phone) or call a TA.

On 3/8/2021 at 3:06 PM, Rllyfun said:

Just got off the phone with a Princess vacation planner ... well, they actually hung up on ME, after a 20 minute hold while they went to check if I was allowed to finish booking a B2B2B that I have reserved,  for a 16 day trip in May of 2022.

I just needed to pay the deposit & want to use my FCD's.

Maybe it was an accident they hung up on me after that long hold, ...but I given them my ph#,  .... and they were looking at all my booking info, so they certainly COULD call me back if they had wanted! (and, we've been cruising with Princess since 2005...)

And I all needed to do was pay the deposit hold by today, or lose the rooms.

(I booked the B2B2B online last Fri night thru Princess, so today is the first day my planner was supposed to be back for me to call, but he was off work today)

...No one has called me back yet & it's been hours.

So I didn't get any answer about booking future B2b's... if that's even going to be a problem?  Maybe?

And my regular Princess planner Cyrus isn't in this week I guess,  I'm sure he would have info or a work a round. I'll call him again to see if he's in next week, but that doesn't help me with my deposit due today...!

Sooo...  Any wise CC'rs out there, recently successfully booked B2B trips for the post-covid 2022 future???

Should I call Princess back and play "dial a planner" to see if I get a better response?

Thanks!

We actually have a B2B booked for November this year 2021.  This voyage is out of Civitavecchia which shows as a 28-day RT Civitavecchia then the transatlantic to Port Everglades, however, it can be booked with either segment or a B2B which what we did to take advantage of the extra shareholder benefit.

This situation is an European opportunity and wouldn't apply to sailings out of the US nor anything over a single 7-day booking as the ruling is now. 

4 hours ago, philv said:

I'm not sure what this thread is about. I have a Princess b2b booked for feb 2022 and have perceived no problems. What's the problem?

The problem is that until November 1 (unless the time period is shortened or extended) the CDC has prohibited cruises that include a USA port in the itinerary from being over 7 days long. Thus passengers can only book B2Bs that would be in this category that start after November 1.

Since your B2B is after November 1 of this year there is no problem for your booking.

13 hours ago, beach bunnie said:

We are booked B2B2B in January 2022.  TA said they would be booked as 3 separate cruises and Princess would join them so they know were on for 3 cruises.

It is standard practice for Princess to join b2b2b... cruises with different booking numbers. You will receive one medallion and one final invoice on the final disembarkation day. Accounts roll over from cruise to cruise. There are also other items that roll over like unused specialty coffees, platinum internet minutes, unused OBC.