Princess Cruises Extends Pause of Cruise Vacations from Los Angeles, Ft. Lauderdale and Rome through June 30, 2021

caribill

March 9, 2021 1:05 PM EST
Princess Cruises Extends Pause of Cruise Vacations from Los Angeles, Ft. Lauderdale and Rome through June 30, 2021

SANTA CLARITA, Calif., March 9, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- While Princess Cruises continues to work with government and port authorities to finalize its plans for return to cruising, the company is extending its pause of cruise vacations sailing the Caribbean, California Coast, Mexico and Mediterranean through June 30, 2021.

The pause in operation affects the following voyages:

• Caribbean Princess: Seven-day Western and Eastern Caribbean cruises
  • Enchanted Princess: Seven-day Mediterranean & Adriatic, seven-day Western Mediterranean, and 14-day Western Mediterranean & Adriatic Medley
  • Ruby Princess: Seven-day Classic California Coast, seven-day Mexican Riviera, and five-day Cabo San Lucas Getaway sailings

For guests booked on a cancelled voyage, Princess will offer to move guests to the equivalent cruise in 2022. The rebooking process will have the added benefit of protecting the guests' 2021 fare on their 2022 voyage. Alternatively, guests can choose a future cruise credit (FCC) equivalent to 100% of the cruise fare paid plus an additional non-refundable bonus FCC equal to 10% of the cruise fare paid (minimum $25 USD) or a full refund to the original form of payment.  

For guests currently booked on a cancelled voyage where there is no matched cruise available in 2022, guests will automatically receive a refundable future cruise credit (FCC) equivalent to 100% of the cruise fare paid plus an additional non-refundable bonus FCC equal to 10% of the cruise fare paid (minimum $25). Alternatively, guests can request a full refund to the original form of payment. 

Requests must be received through this online form by April 15, 2021 or guests will automatically receive the FCC option. FCCs can be used on any cruises booked by and sailing by December 31, 2022. 

Princess will transfer the commission earned by travel agents from the cancelled 2021 cruise to the new booking in 2022 for bookings that were paid in full. This convenience is in recognition of the critical role they play in the cruise line's business and success.

The most current information and instructions for booked guests affected by these cancellations, and more information on FCCs and refunds, can be found online at Information on Impacted & Cancelled Cruises

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CineGraphic said:

We're supposed to board the Caribbean Princess on July 3rd, and I'm not sure if we should be excited or worried about boarding what could be the first sailing of the year.

Just keep you fingers crossed. We’re scheduled to sail her November 6 out of NYC, a 14 night sailing, which would be one of the first long ones. Hopefully, vaccinations will hasten the reopening of cruising after June. The clock keeps ticking..... 

• Like 1

Ugh.  We are scheduled to sail on the Ruby on July 10th.  Final payment due in a couple of weeks.  I can see the handwriting on the wall --- not gonna put any more money out.  Cancelled my reservation and will get my $200 deposit back from Princess.  We, like others, have dealt with quite a few cancellations -- I'm done.

I feel sorry, though not particularly surprised, for those affected.  Having waited 111 and 97 days for refunds of fully paid cancelled voyages we put a rule in place under which we won't again make a final payment for a ship that hasn't resumed sailing.  

As eager as we are to get restarted, we're not willing to loan Princess etc any more money.  

• Like 3

21 hours ago, DUCHESSRN said:

Well darn it made final payment for 6/12 on Ruby yesterday.

Yes.  This has happened a lot.  We even had a cancellation for a booking we made last April for THIS August cancel last fall!  "Redeployment," not due to COVID-19.  Sadly, I feel Princess has been doing a Ponzi scheme with deposits/final payments for a very long time.  I have contacted the higher-ups, but only have had success in extending a final payment date.  It isn't the issue of COVID-19/CDC.  The issue to me is making/selling bookings you know most likely won't happen in the first place.  Then, such as in your case, they get your final payment and then cancel on you almost right away....and your monies go to ??  Next guy in line they need to pay off.  Sorry, conduct is the issue here.  I don't want to hear their sob stories.  I'm over this like another poster mentioned. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The balance due for our July 3rd sailing is just a tad over $300, thanks to all of the future cruise credits from previously cancelled sailings. It's due in a few weeks, and we plan on going ahead and paying it off, but not until the last minute.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Italy52 said:

Ugh.  We are scheduled to sail on the Ruby on July 10th.  Final payment due in a couple of weeks.  I can see the handwriting on the wall --- not gonna put any more money out.  Cancelled my reservation and will get my $200 deposit back from Princess.  We, like others, have dealt with quite a few cancellations -- I'm done.

Karen, I hope you’re doing well. We haven’t seen you for quite some time.  I see that your scheduled to be on Majestic Princess in June 2022.  Brian and I will also be cruising on that ship June 4.  Will you be on our sailing?

Marla

Sorry to hijack this thread folks!

1 hour ago, paylady said:

Karen, I hope you’re doing well. We haven’t seen you for quite some time.  I see that your scheduled to be on Majestic Princess in June 2022.  Brian and I will also be cruising on that ship June 4.  Will you be on our sailing?

Marla

Sorry to hijack this thread folks!

Marla, we are doing well. Yes, we are scheduled to be on the Majestic Princess to Alaska.  Our sailing is June 18th -- sadly, we will miss yours.  It will be so nice to get back to cruising.  Hope you and Brian have a fabulous cruise.  Take care.

Karen

At today’s Princess webinar they clarified a few conditions about this pause:

• Lower 2022 cruise fare for transferred bookings: first they’ll try to upgrade to a cabin with the same price as previously paid; if none available then will reduce the cruise fare.
  • Paid in full & deposited bookings are eligible for 2022 transfer
  • FCC are usable for deposits
  • Can make a change to one voyage before or after once the booking is transferred to 2022

In addition FCC that was expiring on 5/1/22 will soon have a book & sail by date of 12/31/22.

• Like 1

Makes it interesting everytime they move the goalposts.  We were booked on the May15th voyage and, fortunately, had our final payment scheduled for the 16th so we had no financial concerns.  We just move our goal to a July booking and we are just fine with that.  

Our hope is that some final word will come out saying that a July date is OK to begin operations giving a 90 day window from the end of March to get the ships in place for a voyage.  Vaccine process is in good shape, cases are down, all other indicators are looking better which might give the CDC the room to make a good call.

24 minutes ago, Grego said:

Our hope is that some final word will come out saying that a July date is OK to begin operations giving a 90 day window from the end of March to get the ships in place for a voyage.  Vaccine process is in good shape, cases are down, all other indicators are looking better which might give the CDC the room to make a good call.

The White House just put a damper on the aspiration of July cruises.  He's making it sound like 'small' gatherings for the Fourth of July will be OK.  I don't think a cruise ship is what he has in mind. 

Edited by Daniel A
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1