Over a thousand dollars to add an extra passenger?

coaster

1 hour ago, pl281 said:

@mahdnc

Yes it's the Holiday Panama Canal Sailing - All Panama Canal sailings are higher in general as the canal charges a high fee per person which is built into the cruise fare

True, but the Panama Canal fees do not come close to accounting for the high 3rd/4th passenger price. I think I read that the Canal adds about $150 pp to the port charges. 

Edited by mahdnc

2 hours ago, pl281 said:

@mahdnc

Yes it's the Holiday Panama Canal Sailing - All Panama Canal sailings are higher in general as the canal charges a high fee per person which is built into the cruise fare

We have a Panama Canal cruise booked for 2022. The port fees are twice as high as the actual 3rd/4th fare. 

15 minutes ago, Tapi said:

We have a Panama Canal cruise booked for 2022. The port fees are twice as high as the actual 3rd/4th fare. 

Well, it should be a good cruise!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

Anyone with more than 500 posts here cannot and will not remain under the radar.... LOL

LOL---500 posts ??? ------That's being very  ''diplomatic " .

Didn't you mean " Anyone making their first ever post on any social media site that the majority of CCers don't agree with are thrown " under the bus " for 16 yrs without a possibility of parole for 2 days ?? 

Ya gotta love CC .

• Haha 2

Just now, Pinboy said:

Didn't you mean " Anyone making their first ever post on any social media site that the majority of CCers don't agree with are thrown " under the bus " for 16 yrs without a possibility of parole for 2 days ?? 

Ya gotta love CC .

Careful, @Pinboy, you're still on probation!

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Careful, @Pinboy, you're still on probation!

Holy cow--- that Edmonton team socked it to the Senators last night.

LOL--- I was " that close " to watching " Dancing with the Stars " after the 7th goal.

( I'm still on the bandwagon )  

23 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

Holy cow--- that Edmonton team socked it to the Senators last night.

LOL--- I was " that close " to watching " Dancing with the Stars " after the 7th goal.

( I'm still on the bandwagon )  

Yup, a young team with some really good games but more really bad ones.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pinboy said:

Ya gotta love CC .

p - I was trying to be generous... I used 500 as the threshold knowing that there have been a few, maybe quite a few with a lower post count who could not raise their heads above the waterline based on the post... LOL

Yet, I must say, you made it through just fine!!! Bruised a bit possibly, but fine... IMO

bon voyage

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, hcat said:

Ah  i did not know that... With our lift and shift , we  got a great  price for an entry level  suite with full perks on Ref, a much newer ship than Connie  orig booking. Would hate to lose this booking!

Personally .. we would find 4 in a cabin  a bit crowded esp with no balcony and 1 bathroom,  limited closet/ drawer space... Maybe they should have priced a small suite...?

Been there done that in an ocean view and balcony. It as ok when the kids were young and small. It started to get cramped when they became teens and had a growth spurt. Kids sail free wasn't a thing when my kids were under 12 but the 3rd and 4th person rate made it less expensive than 2 rooms.  There were times on Repo cruises San Juan to NY where it was less to book 2 rooms. This was on Princess. Unfortunately Princess ended their summer sailings from NY so no need to reposition. It was a good deal while it lasted.

On 3/9/2021 at 11:02 PM, coaster said:

They are including alcoholic beverages when you add extra passengers to your existing cabin in the price now.  My nieces can't drink. They are under 18. Celebrity is telling me we can add them, but it is like adding an adult with alcohol included.. Same price, but no alcohol. I have called again to verify.

This is one of the reasons I don’t like the new pricing. Including alcohol, WiFi, etc for people that can’t or won’t use it is ridiculous. Wonder how long it will last or if they go back to the old pricing structure? 

Because of the new price structure I don’t even look at them first or second. They are lower on the list.

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

This is one of the reasons I don’t like the new pricing. Including alcohol, WiFi, etc for people that can’t or won’t use it is ridiculous. Wonder how long it will last or if they go back to the old pricing structure? 

Because of the new price structure I don’t even look at them first or second. They are lower on the list.

In my opinion, AI is not a permanent change.  It is just another temporary promotion like Celebrity has done in the past.  Celebrity like other cruise lines will be emerging from a financial deficit when Covid restrictions are lifted.  They need to replenish their coffers quickly.  One way to do that is by including everything at a cost which is much higher than what those everythings actually cost.

Yes, Celebrity will lose some customers both in the short term and long term with this new promotion.  But they will retain customers (like me) and gain new customers that will allow them to stay in business for the future.  Celebrity feels like home to me.  I'm ready to cruise on Celebrity as soon as it is safe.

Edited by El Crucero
  • Like 5

15 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

At every resort hotel I have been to (or just about anywhere these days) EVERYONE was on their phone - texting, reading news or e-mail.  All the time   To not include WiFi in the price (and then the connectivity charge argument) is just inviting a problem with the pax at checkout.  Same with booze "I don't remember drinking Mai Tai's at the pool bar, do you?" discussion on the last day with a bunch of people disputing charges.

Unlike hotels, cruises have always charged per person.  I like the idea.  

• Thanks 1

I haven't sailed with teens, only younger kids, but for us the prices that include all the perks, especially the beverage package just doesn't work.  We really don't drink alcohol (wine a couple of times a year) and I am sure the drink package is by far the most expensive perk.  

I just wish we could pick the perks we would use and have our price lowered by the ones we don't:  ie bev. package.  

17 minutes ago, tfred said:

At every resort hotel I have been to (or just about anywhere these days) EVERYONE was on their phone - texting, reading news or e-mail.  All the time   To not include WiFi in the price (and then the connectivity charge argument) is just inviting a problem with the pax at checkout.  Same with booze "I don't remember drinking Mai Tai's at the pool bar, do you?" discussion on the last day with a bunch of people disputing charges.

With due respect-- I'm still on the side of the "  We don't drink liquor , don't use the internet " side.

Yea, yea, some say they don't use the hot tub but it's still included in the price. Not the same .

Example--  Let's say you are in an expensive restaurant with other folks and they order an expensive bottle of wine. When the bill comes you're " stuck " to pay for 1/2 the bottle. What's the conversation about on the way home in your car ?

From what I've read on CC, the line up at GR on the last day is " reserved " for  the XXX who want to remove Gratuities. Mind you, maybe I should have removed ours because one night our waiter forgot to bring my 3rd order of shrimp cocktail ???  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, El Crucero said:

In my opinion, AI is not a permanent change.  It is just another temporary promotion like Celebrity has done in the past.  Celebrity like other cruise lines will be emerging from a financial deficit when Covid restrictions are lifted.  They need to replenish their coffers quickly.  One way to do that is by including everything at a cost which is much higher than what those everythings actually cost.

Yes, Celebrity will lose some customers both in the short term and long term with this new promotion.  But they will retain customers (like me) and gain new customers that will allow them to stay in business for the future.  Celebrity feels like home to me.  I'm ready to cruise on Celebrity as soon as it is safe.

I agree with your first statement.  Promotions like this don't seem to last - but time will tell.

3 hours ago, tfred said:

Spot on....

I, purposely, go to Guest Relations mid-sailing to listen to all of the complaints as to what was ordered or not ordered or overcharged for etc...

Some fantastical stories and reasonings, which at the time MAY sound good to the teller, then in reality????.... etc..

It will provide equally amount of fun to listen to the stories and reasonings with AI in place.. can you imagine??? LOL

bon voyage

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/10/2021 at 5:58 PM, El Crucero said:

That's great! you already sound happier and I think your teenagers will be much happier too on Royal.

I think the teens will enjoy Royal much better, they have better entertainment. 

5 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

Spot on....

I, purposely, go to Guest Relations mid-sailing to listen to all of the complaints as to what was ordered or not ordered or overcharged for etc...

Some fantastical stories and reasonings, which at the time MAY sound good to the teller, then in reality????.... etc..

It will provide equally amount of fun to listen to the stories and reasonings with AI in place.. can you imagine??? LOL

bon voyage

Thanks for the tip Bo 1953, now that the buffets will be changed, I wondered what I might do for a little entertainment, see you at guest relations!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, LGW59 said:

I wondered what I might do for a little entertainment

Here's a couple of other entertaining time fillers :

1-- Watching Celebrity Olympics ( people sleeping in the Solarium pool area between 2-4pm daily ).

2-- Watching Ole Man xxx " cutting up the floor " ( jitterbugging ) in his ( still favorite ) plaid flair leg pants followed immediately on completion of " Rock a Billy Rock " by 46 people shouting --

" Give him air -- he'll be ok --- get him some water -- here, here, sit down -- it's ok, you fainted " etc , etc.

3 hours ago, LGW59 said:

Thanks for the tip Bo 1953, now that the buffets will be changed, I wondered what I might do for a little entertainment, see you at guest relations!

l - then I will arrange for us to have beverage service while being entertained.

This might be better than the shows in the evening!!!

bon voyage

7 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

l - then I will arrange for us to have beverage service while being entertained.

This might be better than the shows in the evening!!!

bon voyage

and I will take care of the pre-paid tip

• Thanks 1