The Daily for Friday Mar 12, 2021

richwmn

32 minutes ago, St. Louis Sal said:

I never even thought about that! I plan to just slide it into the folder, folder goes in case with the passport. I did snap a picture of both sides to have on my cellphone. The people setting up second appointments were telling people to do that.

St Louis Sal

I made a couple of copies of mine and my DW's, but only the front.  There is no information on the back side, so why would anyone need to see that?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, kazu said:

If your current Ipad is anywhere near as old a version as mine was you will see a big difference in the video and ability to do more and have a fuller, better picture.

But shh don’t tell him that.  I had tried to use my old one on our last cruise for DH to watch soccer.  Wouldn’t work.

So,I got him his own to use when we cruise and travel so he can catch his soccer games (we always seem to travel when “key” games are on).

Well, since I got him that Ipad, we haven’t gone anywhere.  It should last a long time as it’s barely used except when I update it and do a couple of things to keep it up to snuff.  

Mine is 5 or 6 years old, it’s a Mini 4, so I’m sure a new one will make a huge difference. DH likes to watch outside and in the tub, two places we don’t have a TV. 😉

BTW, I had an even older one that shut down when we were doing a password update and we never could get it to work again. Since it was so old we didn’t really mind. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Mine is 5 or 6 years old, it’s a Mini 4, so I’m sure a new one will make a huge difference. DH likes to watch outside and in the tub, two places we don’t have a TV. 😉

BTW, I had an even older one that shut down when we were doing a password update and we never could get it to work again. Since it was so old we didn’t really mind. 

Oh yes, they are a life saver outside.  I would have been in deep trouble sitting outside with the dogs for 12 hours while the guys worked on my kitchen.  The Ipad saved me as at least I could catch some stuff and piddle in the garden and keep the dogs happy.

I had our lunch in a cooler and the dogs’ food and water out so no one was starving 😉 

You just reminded me to get my photos moved from my old Ipad before it dies although it seems to be ok.  Slow but ok.  

I use it once a week or so to update the FCL.  Easier to read the posts that way and not make mistakes - at least, most of the time 😉 

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Did you try holding the on off button and the home button for an extended period.  It can take up to three full minutes but I have kept many friends and family members phones and iPads in service doing so.  If it reboots immediately clean it up 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

It  must  have  been  a  difficult  day  for  you. I  was  thinking  about  you  all day. I  am  glad you  got  a  hair  cut and  took  care  of  yourself.

DH went  yesterday  and  changed  his  look from a  "moderate  Einstein" to  suave husband. He  also  tipped more  than  usual.        Terry

I’m giggling, haven't had it cut for over a year so think I may owe a years worth of tips to my awesome hairdresser 

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

I was thinking about why it is harder for me. I have an older iPad plus severe arthritis and find selecting the pictures harder because of the way they list. On my iPhone they list full screen but on my iPad they list “in miniature”, so since they are so small/tiny that my poor arthritic finger makes too many mistakes.  However I do prefer reading from my iPad because of the size of the screen and it shows more, like the number of posts and where someone is from (why is that?).  And ultimately I prefer the desktop over both of those because of the fact that I can type much faster. 

I got the new iPad, I used to curse at how hard it was to find and post photos,  sometimes it didn’t work no matter what.   Well with the new iPad it is a piece of cake!  

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Mary229 said:

Did you try holding the on off button and the home button for an extended period.  It can take up to three full minutes but I have kept many friends and family members phones and iPads in service doing so.  If it reboots immediately clean it up 

We tried everything!  The last resort was to go to the Apple store but it was so old we didn’t really want to go to all that trouble, not worth the time or drive. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, bennybear said:

I got the new iPad, I used to curse at how hard it was to find and post photos,  sometimes it didn’t work no matter what.   Well with the new iPad it is a piece of cake!  

Sold!!  Going shopping soon. Probably Target 🎯

• Like 3

7 hours ago, dfish said:

The appliance curse is still active at my house.  The dryer gave up the ghost.  The drum won't rotate.  What do you think the chances are of finding parts for a 38 year old dryer?

YIKES!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dfish said:

The appliance curse is still active at my house.  The dryer gave up the ghost.  The drum won't rotate.  What do you think the chances are of finding parts for a 38 year old dryer?

Debbie, we really need a new emoji. I am so sorry. If it is Whirlpool or GE, you might get lucky! Hope it is fixable. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Debbie, we really need a new emoji. I am so sorry. If it is Whirlpool or GE, you might get lucky! Hope it is fixable. 

Well, the stimulus check should be deposited on Wednesday.  This kind of thing goes along with a stimulus check, gifts, inheritances......... Think what could go wrong if I won the lottery!

Edited by dfish
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, dfish said:

Well, the stimulus check should be deposited on Wednesday.  This kind of thing goes along with a stimulus check, gifts, inheritances......... Think what could go wrong if I won the lottery!

Actually this is the perfect use of a stimulus check! 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

I believe the iPad mini 4 is no longer supported. So there are security issues that could come up. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, dfish said:

Sounds like a broken belt...easy fix....and quite likely part is available.  But the cost of labor is another thing.  Of course, the ones sold now don't last like they used to.  (Can you tell I used to own an appliance store?)  My Kenmore dryer is a 1988 model. Never had a repair  yet...and I hope that this does not jinx it.

Edited by Red Haired Lady
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, Red Haired Lady said:

Sounds like a broken belt...easy fix....and quite likely part is available.  But the cost of labor is another thing.  Of course, the ones sold now don't last like they used to.  (Can you tell I used to own an appliance store?)  My Kenmore dryer is a 1988 model. Never had a repair  yet...and I hope that this does not jinx it.

I hope you knocked on wood!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1