Will The BYW (Bring Your own Wine) Onboard Change Moving Forward?

51 minutes ago, need2cruisesoon said:

I'm just gonna guess and say the cruise lines prohibit bringing any booze onboard for now.

Too bad because I've always brought at least a case of wine for our cruises.

IMG_0376.jpg

Not sure where you’re getting your info but, Oceania does not limit how much personal wine and spirits you bring onboard for personal consumption in your cabin with no added charge. 
And, though spirits must remain in your cabin, you can bring your wine to a dining venue for a $25/bottle corkage charge. O will also store your wine and provide no cost mixers for your spirits.

As you might expect, there’s the occasional cheapskate who will pour themselves wine in the cabin and carry the glasses to dinner (in violation of the generous policy). Fortunately, the cabin glassware is easily identifiable and everyone from maitre d’s to fellow passengers will give the offenders a gentle reminder to “please, don’t abuse the policy.”

Edited by Flatbush Flyer

Every cruise line has different policy. Viking has no restrictions on bringing any alcoholic or non-alcoholic drinks aboard at any port. They will open and serve your own wine/beer in any dining venue or bar, at NO cost.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Oceania does not limit how much personal wine and spirits you bring onboard for personal consumption in your cabin with no added charge.

We've only sailed O once so far (dang that COVID) but I really appreciated being treated like a mature adult. And didn't abuse the privilege.

2 hours ago, clo said:

We've only sailed O once so far (dang that COVID) but I really appreciated being treated like a mature adult. And didn't abuse the privilege.

Being treated like an adult, most definitely one of the many benefits of cruising with Premium/Luxury Lines. Being welcomed onboard without being searched for alcohol, is a bonus.😁

4 hours ago, Heidi13 said:

Being treated like an adult, most definitely one of the many benefits of cruising with Premium/Luxury Lines. Being welcomed onboard without being searched for alcohol, is a bonus.😁

"Mature" adults.  There IS a difference 🙂