NSW flooding

300mm of rain expected down here on far south cost of NSW from last night to tonight. We got 100mm of it already. Plenty of flooded roads and rivers rising.

Edited by NSWP

4 hours ago, IMSYDNEYAUS said:

As itā€™s not her ship, it must have been a man!

Have you not heard the rumour re female drivers?Ā šŸ¤£

Ā 

Standby for incoming.šŸ˜

3 hours ago, NSWP said:

300mm of rain expected down here on far south cost of NSW from last night to tonight. We got 100mm of it already. Plenty of flooded roads and rivers rising.

My yard is flooding just from torrentialĀ rain from the sky. Ā Not good weather to be on the roads on the Gold Coast. Ā The rivers and creeks are flowing so fast from the mountains (Tamborine and Currumbin).

3 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

Ā Captain Kate drives for Celebrity Les, That is clearly a Royal Caribbean shipšŸ˜‰

Yes Lyle, I realise that. Celebrity/RCI are one company. She and her cat could have been moved onto a RCI ship, lol. Here they are again you X and Capt.Kate/Bug Naked fans.

1417833928_th(3).jpg.a28bf88d9052ef3ce65a5843f91ab646.jpg1180918589_th(8).jpg.aad39841862d180ea1407df16cb5c147.jpg

6 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

All kidding aside I hope everyone is safe and out of harms way. My head but can't get around that amount of rain, and they say I live on the "wet coast"šŸ¤”

We have had 200mm of rain in past 24 hours. Just about gone now, Lyle. the east coast low and all the rain is moving south, down towards the NSW/Vic border, the East Gippsland area of Victoria will get it I think.Ā  It is going to to take a long time to dryĀ up around here.

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by NSWP

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

We have had 200mm of rain in past 24 hours. Just about gone now, Lyle. the east coast low and all the rain is moving south, down towards the NSW/Vic border, the East Gippsland area of Victoria will get it I think.Ā  It is going to to take a long time to dryĀ up around here.

Ā 

Ā 

Just Saw a flood report from Bega then realised it was south of Batesman Bay. Ā Did you have any local flooding?

38 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Just Saw a flood report from Bega then realised it was south of Batesman Bay. Ā Did you have any local flooding?

Yes, local roads and parks flooded. I am ok as livevon a hill. But my daughter who lives at Moruya, 35 km south is surrounded by overflowing rivers, Deua, Moruya, Tuross Rivers, she is ready to evacuate. The rivers will be upĀ for a few daysyet. Thank you forĀ your concern.Ā 

image.png

1 hour ago, Blackduck59 said:

Is this like a once in100 year weather even tor is this an annual thing? Will this do anything to help fill the aquafers?Ā I understand they have been being depleted of the last decade.

Ā 

1 hour ago, Blackduck59 said:

Is this like a once in100 year weather even tor is this an annual thing? Will this do anything to help fill the aquafers?Ā I understand they have been being depleted of the last decade.

They say once in 20 yrs, once in 50 yrs, once in 100 years depending on which tv newsĀ channel you getĀ sucked into, lol. Ā I would say once in 20 yrs. seen worse, here and in Sydney.

55 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Yes, local roads and parks flooded. I am ok as livevon a hill. But my daughter who lives at Moruya, 35 km south is surrounded by overflowing rivers, Deua, Moruya, Tuross Rivers, she is ready to evacuate. The rivers will be upĀ for a few daysyet. Thank you forĀ your concern.Ā 

image.png

i recall your daughter south of you had to evacuate once before, Ā may have been due to bushfires, Ā i hope she keeps safe.

just watched interview with moree lord mayor waiting for floodwaters to peak at moree plains, Ā We drove through Moree Flood Plains one January en route to the Aust. Open. Ā I have never seen so much flat water spread out as far as the eye could see. Ā We drove through behind a big truck. Ā When we got through we were horrified to see all the cars waiting on theĀ other side for the water to go down. Ā just shows how widespread the rain is,Ā the whole of nsw and seqld to vic Ā forecast toĀ be fine here on thursday.

Ā 

1 minute ago, possum52 said:

I see Victorian SES members have gone to Bega to help there.

Good to see states helping each other.

Leigh

yes qld swift water rescue have been helping in nsw as well Leigh.

Half a year's rain in two days on Gold Coast.

The new floodwaters in NW NSW are going to be slow moving different to the swift water coastal flooding. Ā 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

i recall your daughter south of you had to evacuate once before, Ā may have been due to bushfires, Ā i hope she keeps safe.

just watched interview with moree lord mayor waiting for floodwaters to peak at moree plains, Ā We drove through Moree Flood Plains one January en route to the Aust. Open. Ā I have never seen so much flat water spread out as far as the eye could see. Ā We drove through behind a big truck. Ā When we got through we were horrified to see all the cars waiting on theĀ other side for the water to go down. Ā just shows how widespread the rain is,Ā the whole of nsw and seqld to vic Ā forecast toĀ be fine here on thursday.

Ā 

Thank you, yes my daughter had to evacuate twice in recent years because of floods and bushfires. One of the negatives of living in a rural area.

Ā 

The rivers will be rising and flowing fast for a few days yet,soĀ much water to come down from mountains and hills to the west of The Eurobodalla Shire...great dividing range.

Ā 

The Goldie had copped some too, my sister is at Currumbin and my brother at Nerang.

Edited by NSWP

Yeah they say rubbish like one in 100 years, but seems more like every couple of years, Newcastle in the last few years...

Ā 

2007 Pasha Bulka washed up on Nobbyā€™s Beach

2015 Superstorm, lives lost, houses washed away around Dungog

2020 we had flooding

This year, to be honest it hasnā€™t been too bad around here, but a bit further North has been hit bad.

Ā 

Prior to that we had the Maitland floods of 55 with markers up telegraph poles at heights of about 15 foot.

1974 Sygna washed up in Stockton beach.

Ā 

Yep one in a 100Ā or even one in twenty, suuuure.

Edited by GUT2407

The storm, although lessened in strength, has been swinging around Victoria.

Ā 

Mallacoota has had 100+mm, and other towns in east Gippsland hit as hard. The damage from the fires makes risk of flood and landslides much higher.

Ā 

Progressing west along the south coast of Gippsland, then hitting Cape Otway west of Melbourne.

E71742B3-F8B2-4475-A527-242D1C8375E3.thumb.jpeg.8a552252e2fdcfbd2b112f8b563a67d2.jpeg

Edited by Docker123