72 hour test no longer required

Barrycat

Just confirmed on Windstar site

New COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement - UPDATED April 1, 2021

Windstar Cruises will require proof of a current COVID-19 vaccination for all guests sailing aboard Windstar’s yachts. The cruise line arrived at the decision in the best health and wellness interests of its guests, crew, and the places the yachts visit.

At the cruise terminal prior to embarkation, guests will be required to provide proof of a completed current vaccine course (one or two shots, depending on the brand) finished at least 14 days prior to the guest’s embarkation date.

NEW: No COVID-19 PCR test is required at pier. Windstar will require and administer a free COVID-19 antigen test at pier prior to boarding. A negative test result is required to board.

Great news. I was stressing out trying to figure out how to schedule at Walgreens exactly 72 hours prior.  Now all I need is a rapid test 48 hours before I land in St. Maarten. Much easier to get. 

On 4/2/2021 at 6:29 AM, Heartfelttraveler said:

This was good news from Windstar.  Soooo, we booked our excursions for our October French Polynesia cruise in October 2021.  (As of right now, FP still requires a negative test 72 hours prior to boarding the plane in LAX.)

Was just talking to Air Tahiti Nui and FP is still closed to tourism as you probably know..

Probably because a vaccine does not provide 100% protection?  I am working as a Contact Tracer and have spoken to a couple people who were asymptomatic, had completed both doses of their vaccinations well over a month ago, and they still contracted COVID.

@LewiLewi

Agree with 6rugrats. Have a relation who received doses in January and early February, and still was positive for COVID three weeks ago. Wife and adult live-in daughter were also vaccinated and tested negative.

We are planning on taking a Windstar ship from Lisbon transatlantic in Nov. ‘21. I am concerned with antigen testing at the Lisbon airport, boarding the ship, etc. Even though we are both fully vaccinated, I am concerned that an antigen test might show up positive, falsely or otherwise. Are we then forced to remain in Lisbon and denied boarding on the ship? These scenarios make me think twice about cruising at this time.

Current entry requirements for Portugal require a negative COVID PCR tests within 72 hours of your time of departure.  I am not sure of your travel plans but if you are coming directly from the US, you will be denied boarding without this.

Are these tests required at the airport upon entry to Portugal? I assume that they will be done in the USA prior to flying to Portugal. Also, are these tests required prior to arriving in the USA by ship? Are you tested on the ship before you debark in the USA? 
Another concern, we are arriving the day of departure at Lisbon airport. I wonder how much time the “COVID” vaccination and antigen check will take before we are able to leave the airport in time for 5 PM ship’s departure. We are arriving at noon, but with passport control, baggage, etc. I wonder if we are leaving enough time. So many concerns at this time.

You are required to have this negative test before you board your flight to LIS.  Windstar has tests onboard that you may purchase for your return; check w/ them for requirements.  I don't know how long it will take you to get through the airport.  I find five hours to be cutting it a bit short.  I'm taking a cruise from Lisbon in Sept and I'd be happy to report back conditions when I go.  

3 minutes ago, 6rugrats said:

You are required to have this negative test before you board your flight to LIS.  Windstar has tests onboard that you may purchase for your return; check w/ them for requirements.  I don't know how long it will take you to get through the airport.  I find five hours to be cutting it a bit short.  I'm taking a cruise from Lisbon in Sept and I'd be happy to report back conditions when I go.  

Thank you so much. I would really appreciate your feedback on airport conditions in Lisbon in Sept.

We have arranged a Windstar pickup at the airport, hoping this would be easier than getting a taxi and alert them about our flight.

11 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

This is good news.  However aren't tests required to fly into many countries and to fly back to the USA?

I am not sure that this is saving me a test.  For example Papete?

Many countries do require testing before boarding a flight to that country but the requirements may be different from one month to the next—who knows? For example, Papeete. We know what the requirements to enter the country were before they closed to tourism in February. They reopen May 1 but we don’t know yet what they will require. So much “wait and see” going on with international travel. Hard to make plans, for sure.

18 hours ago, O2B@Cagain said:

LewiLewi: The airport isn't far from the area where Windstar docks. I can't remember exactly how long it took us, but less than 30 minutes, I think. You have to know the correct dock, as there are several along the Lisbon waterfront.

Yes, we realize that the dock is close to the airport (we were told it was a 15 min. drive), but we felt that purchasing a Windstar transfer would make it easier to transfer luggage and also alert Windstar that passenger’s are arriving at a certain time at the airport, in case of delays. Of course, we don’t know if this strategy will work as we are cutting it close.