Anyone pre-registering ready to book late 2022/early 2023?

Guest ccpm

54 minutes ago, hooked cruiser said:

Just today booked Arcadia J301 World cruise for 2023.  

34 minutes ago, hooked cruiser said:

Originally booked for Brazil in 2022 on Arcadia but decided on the World instead.  Retirement present to each other.  Even got the cabin we wanted as a bonus.

Booked this morning as well.  We were originally on this year's Worldie, the rest is history.  Didn't get the exact cabin we wanted, but same position, just a deck or so lower.  Pleased nonetheless!

I called bang on 08:30.  Got through about 08:45, by which point about half the cabins we were considering had gone.  By 09:00 All the cabins that were in the area we got had gone.  The lady commented that all the suites had gone by that time as well.  Just about made it then!

• Like 8

Congratulations for those who are booked.

I am getting a bit worried now.  We are pre registered with an agent for the Aurora Caribbean Nov 2022 for Wednesday, but have seen comments here and on FB saying people have it booked already and our agent said they had a lot of pre regs for that one as well. Realised we will be in the priority booking level once the cruises we are hoping to book take place, but two years to wait for that and, on past performance, P&O will increase the required number of points for that before we get there 🙂

Just have to see what Wednesday brings, but would love to be able to see how many cabins are still left to book, I presume some are more popular than others, but I do not know which, apart from suites and we are just looking at mid ship balconies.

Edited by tring

Received emails from P&O today confirming our pre registered suites for 2 Azura cruises and have now got the cabin numbers . Very pleased with the result, still can't believe the prices.

Edited by jake 26
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, jake 26 said:

Received emails from P&O today confirming our pre registered suites for 2 Azura cruises and have now got the cabin numbers . Very pleased with the result, still can't believe the prices.

Could I ask which cruises these are for.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, tring said:

Congratulations for those who are booked.

I am getting a bit worried now.  We are pre registered with an agent for the Aurora Caribbean Nov 2022 for Wednesday, but have seen comments here and on FB saying people have it booked already and our agent said they had a lot of pre regs for that one as well. Realised we will be in the priority booking level once the cruises we are hoping to book take place, but two years to wait for that and, on past performance, P&O will increase the required number of points for that before we get there 🙂

Just have to see what Wednesday brings, but would love to be able to see how many cabins are still left to book, I presume some are more popular than others, but I do not know which, apart from suites and we are just looking at mid ship balconies.

If your agent has pre registered your ‘booking’ and presumably passed your deposit to P&O, you should have your cabin already allocated and it will be confirmed to you when bookings open. 

I cannot remember when P&O last increased the number of points needed for a certain level. I think it was a long time ago, not that it will make any difference to this booking.

24 minutes ago, pete14 said:

If your agent has pre registered your ‘booking’ and presumably passed your deposit to P&O, you should have your cabin already allocated and it will be confirmed to you when bookings open. 

I cannot remember when P&O last increased the number of points needed for a certain level. I think it was a long time ago, not that it will make any difference to this booking.

No deposit taken as yet to the agent, but also means we do not have to go ahead with a cabin we are not happy about.  We have registered with P&O for two Azura cruises, so committed to those, but plenty of choice there for well placed cabins which should not be noisy.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Do some agents really do that?  Our previous agent took our card details, but only so they could easily process our payment once they had given us a firm cabin number on the release date.  They were not able to book us with P&O before release day, though that is done if you pre register direct with P&O.

Edited by tring

We pre registered with our TA nearly 2 weeks ago and I gave them 6 cabins we would be happy booking and nothing more. Today they phoned back confirming booking gave us a reference number and then asked for credit card details for the deposit.

• Like 2

Hi all, it is interesting reading the various different processes adopted by TA’s in advance of the release date of cabins. Our TA has (by agreement with us) taken our deposit from the credit card and we have provided a list of cabins we would be happy with - if any are available, they will instantly confirm the booking with P&O on Wednesday morning.

If not, we get an immediate refund from the TA (we have had cancelled cruises through them before and been highly impressed with their refund service).

Can I also ask if those who have already booked (I am talking about the Aurora Caribbean cruise November 2022) are presumably all in the top couple of tiers in the Peninsular Club?

Tring.....Barbara, we have “spoken” before on the CMV site. Hope all is well with you. May I ask how many cabin numbers you have said to your TA you will accept? We ended up with about 25 we would be happy with so🤞🤞. (Our deposit represents that needed for the highest price grade we chose).

Good luck to all with the booking.

Kind regards Peter

1 hour ago, PrincessPete said:

Hi all, it is interesting reading the various different processes adopted by TA’s in advance of the release date of cabins. Our TA has (by agreement with us) taken our deposit from the credit card and we have provided a list of cabins we would be happy with - if any are available, they will instantly confirm the booking with P&O on Wednesday morning.

If not, we get an immediate refund from the TA (we have had cancelled cruises through them before and been highly impressed with their refund service).

Can I also ask if those who have already booked (I am talking about the Aurora Caribbean cruise November 2022) are presumably all in the top couple of tiers in the Peninsular Club?

Tring.....Barbara, we have “spoken” before on the CMV site. Hope all is well with you. May I ask how many cabin numbers you have said to your TA you will accept? We ended up with about 25 we would be happy with so🤞🤞. (Our deposit represents that needed for the highest price grade we chose).

Good luck to all with the booking.

Kind regards Peter

We originally just gave 9 being on one side of the ship in a deluxe grade in quiet location and is about what I have given for other cruises.  Then rang back after a few days and gave the other side as well when I realised it was popular, followed by more of a lower grade on deck C.  We were prepared to go to mid/aft, but mid/fore is a tad too near the pointy end for a trans Atlantic in November IMO.  So still between 25 - 30 in a specific preference order.  The agent was happy to take all the numbers as she said it was a popular cruise.  She did sound more confident with the standard cabins, so I suspect the deluxe and mid ship will be more popular, which makes sense with the low prices, but I would love to know if I am right.  She will firmly book any of those cabins, but will ring later in the day to tell us which and take payment.  She felt the longer list meant it much less likely she would need to ring early morning if none of our chosen ones are available.

I am thinking your agent will be holding the cash until Wednesday, then booking, as P&O have said the priority bookers will get first choice of cabins.  Over 2,000 points for priority booking - Caribbean and above I think.

Edited by tring

5 hours ago, jake 26 said:

A220 Valetta - Tenerife 16 nights Oct 22

A308  - Canaries Feb 23

Thanks - not the cruise we are trying for. I'm hanging on to a forlorn hope of getting a suite, but am resigned to the fact that I have virtually no chance.

I don't get this idea of not paying a deposit for a week or so as being a great thing but have to pay the balance (a much greater amount) one, or in some cases two, months earlier than if you had pre registered direct with P&O.

Oh out of the two cruises pre registered direct I got 1st choice cabin on one and 2nd choice on the other.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, MX-Drew said:

I don't get this idea of not paying a deposit for a week or so as being a great thing but have to pay the balance (a much greater amount) one, or in some cases two, months earlier than if you had pre registered direct with P&O.

Oh out of the two cruises pre registered direct I got 1st choice cabin on one and 2nd choice on the other.

Does make you wonder whether more people are pre-registering and/or booking Select fare on launch day this time.  Glad we booked when we did.  Got a cabin in the area we wanted, but by the end of the call the lady told me that all cabins in that area were now sold out, as well as suites.  That was at 09:00.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Does make you wonder whether more people are pre-registering and/or booking Select fare on launch day this time.  Glad we booked when we did.  Got a cabin in the area we wanted, but by the end of the call the lady told me that all cabins in that area were now sold out, as well as suites.  That was at 09:00.

I suspect it depends on the cruise and not all will sell out in that way.  Are you now booked on the world cruise for 2023?  If not can I ask which cruise you have booked?

The thing with longer cruises, especially worldies, is that there will be more people who have decided do do one (? on retirement), along with people who originally were booked on cancelled ones.  I doubt many people have a real hope of the 2022 ones going ahead unaltered, so a transfer does seem to be a no brainer to me.

Being able to pre-register with P&O and having a firm booking for a grade and price is certainly an advantage for those of us without priority booking, if we definitely want to do a cruise and the cabin is a secondary decision.  What I would like to know is if P&O would be prepared to change a cabin to another in a better location, should one become available at a later date?