Celebrity Website April 14, 2021 ... New Issue?

cachouonacruise

Booked on the June 11, 2022 cruise on the Silhouette, I check my file from time to time to see if shore excursions are available.

This morning, my visit on the web site showed a concern, a hope then a confusion.

My concern, all my OBC (more than thousand dollars) has disappeared.

My hope, a new icon for shore excursions has appeared. I thought, I would be able to browse around and, who knows, find my OBC.

My confusion....by clicking on the shore excursion icon....it kicks me out of my reservation back to the general web site. To make sure I did not misclick something, misinterpreted something, I tried the same process 4 or 5 times, with the same outcome.

So, I contacted Celebrity. The representative agreed that there was an issue with the system, did not know when it would be fixed, did not know when shore excursions would become available for our cruise and referred me to my TA for the OBC.

Anybody else with a similar issue? 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, cachouonacruise said:

Booked on the June 11, 2022 cruise on the Silhouette, I check my file from time to time to see if shore excursions are available.

This morning, my visit on the web site showed a concern, a hope then a confusion.

My concern, all my OBC (more than thousand dollars) has disappeared.

My hope, a new icon for shore excursions has appeared. I thought, I would be able to browse around and, who knows, find my OBC.

My confusion....by clicking on the shore excursion icon....it kicks me out of my reservation back to the general web site. To make sure I did not misclick something, misinterpreted something, I tried the same process 4 or 5 times, with the same outcome.

So, I contacted Celebrity. The representative agreed that there was an issue with the system, did not know when it would be fixed, did not know when shore excursions would become available for our cruise and referred me to my TA for the OBC.

Anybody else with a similar issue? 

Nope. Mines working (CP). If you were to call Call Celebrity again that phone rep. would give you a different replay. Wait and check back into your CP later. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Nope. Mines working (CP). If you were to call Call Celebrity again that phone rep. would give you a different replay. Wait and check back into your CP later. 

Wondering if their website has ever worked as designed.  From Captain's Club info differences from section to section and mobile platform giving different results.  Pretty sad.

I use the website.  Take a screen shot.  Then call my TA.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Wondering if their website has ever worked as designed.  From Captain's Club info differences from section to section and mobile platform giving different results.  Pretty sad.

I use the website.  Take a screen shot.  Then call my TA.

I only use a laptop/windows10/Google Chrome. 

I've never experiences any issues when I go to my CP and select items to purchase. I will use Celebrity's website to get pricing on cruises but never book directly from the website. I wait until we are onboard to purchase the cruise from the Future Cruise desk or lately call the Captains Club to purchase a cruise.

• Haha 1

DaveKathy, happy for you. Unfortunately it is random. I had no problems for years and then two years ago it was very buggy for me. Tried three different browsers and private mode in each. I'm on a Mac and I had my wife on Windows give it a go. Nothing worked. Then a week later it was fine.

But these are all trivial issues, this internet thing is a fad and I can't imagine they are losing any money let alone frustrated customers.

• Haha 1

Just now, Mike981 said:

DaveKathy, happy for you. Unfortunately it is random. I had no problems for years and then two years ago it was very buggy for me. Tried three different browsers and private mode in each. I'm on a Mac and I had my wife on Windows give it a go. Nothing worked. Then a week later it was fine.

But these are all trivial issues, this internet thing is a fad and I can't imagine they are losing any money let alone frustrated customers.

Bummer. Consistently inconsistent. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Mike981 said:

I have two tin cans and a string with a direct connection to Celebrity customer service.  Works great all the time!  Well, not in the rain – the wet string garbles speech pretty bad... 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I have two tin cans and a string with a direct connection to Celebrity customer service.  Works great all the time!  Well, not in the rain – the wet string garbles speech pretty bad... 🤣

You need to update the string to a shielded cable.

• Haha 2

It may be too early to see shore excursions.  We have a cruise booked for April 2022 and a few excursions are listed by not many.  

If any of your $1000 OBC is from your TA it will not show in your cruise planner and is not available to use until you are on the ship.  Any OBC from Celebrity should show in your CP.  I would wait a couple of days and then if it doesn't show up contact Celebrity again.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There are various ways to view excursions on the Celebrity site if you want to know what is available by port even before the Cruise Planner shows them. Some of these listings have prices shown, some do not. There is often a brochure you can download with times, prices and descriptions (the June 11, 2022 Silhouette cruise is not yet shown there). While these are not as definitive as what is found in the Cruise Planner, they are a good way to get an idea what is likely to be offered. Let me know if any of this would be useful and I can expand on it. I don't want to post a lengthy bunch of irrelevant links and such if that's not what is wanted.

Currently, the Cruise Planner site is working for me, but I, too, often experience glitches and bugs. One such bug is that problem of getting kicked out when trying to look at excursions. 

• Haha 1