Cruise cancelled but Royal haven't told me

I was looking at my cruise planner when I learned my July cruise had been cancelled - Royal have not emailed me to tell me this

Is this normal?

I have no idea when it was cancelled, so will the lift and shift etc., offers still be operational?

Thanks

4 hours ago, compman9 said:

I was looking at my cruise planner when I learned my July cruise had been cancelled - Royal have not emailed me to tell me this

Is this normal?

I have no idea when it was cancelled, so will the lift and shift etc., offers still be operational?

Thanks

You need a better TA. They can be quite helpful in keeping you in the loop 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, compman9 said:

Is this normal?

Thanks

RCI UK say they have an issue when sending to Hotmail accounts!   I learnt of 3 of my cruise cancellations via social media! They are apparently able to send reminders of payment due, and cruise planner offers to the same Hotmail account though! 🤷‍♀️

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, compman9 said:

Is this normal?

Thanks

If you booked directly with Royal;  they should send you an email.  If you booked with a outside Travel Agent; then Royal contacts them of cancellation;  and the travel agent has to contact you.  That is the normal communication channel for cancelled cruises

1 hour ago, little britain said:

RCI UK say they have an issue when sending to Hotmail accounts!   I learnt of 3 of my cruise cancellations via social media! They are apparently able to send reminders of payment due, and cruise planner offers to the same Hotmail account though! 🤷‍♀️

I'm not a hotmail account and rcl misses me regularly with cancellations. 

Odd because their advertisements find me, just not cancellations. Go figure. OP I'd say normal to not be notified. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, little britain said:

I received cancellation emails ok last year into my hotmail account but didn’t get one about my June 4th cruise on Anthem to Spain & France. I knew it wouldn’t be sailing but only found out by chance about the L&S deadline! Just managed to move it in time.

Have no problem with receiving promotional emails though! 🙄

Edited by CaroleC

32 minutes ago, CaroleC said:

I received cancellation emails ok last year into my hotmail account but didn’t get one about my June 4th cruise on Anthem to Spain & France. I knew it wouldn’t be sailing but only found out by chance about the L&S deadline! Just managed to move it in time.

Have no problem with receiving promotional emails though! 🙄

Also (not) on June 4 and no cancellation email. Booked direct with RCI UK.  I got the reminder for final payment the day before though! 
Odyssey over Easter ( also booked direct).. no cancellation email either. 
Thank goodness for other sites!

Edited by little britain
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, compman9 said:

Is this normal?

Thanks

Same with my June 28th cruise.  Shows cancelled in Cruise Planner but I and my TA have not received any email.  My TA called and they told her the cruise still shows as active.  Even the RC rep was perplexed and couldn't explain why.  

Royal does not have their act together.  I called them yesterday about two May cruises they cancelled.  I had not received the FCC or the shore excursion refunds.  Royal told me the two cruises were still listed as active even though they also showed as cancelled.  Was on the phone for an hour as they corrected the problem and activated the FCC and refunds. 

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, WeMissSeaView said:

Royal does not have their act together.  I called them yesterday about two May cruises they cancelled.  I had not received the FCC or the shore excursion refunds.  Royal told me the two cruises were still listed as active even though they also showed as cancelled.  Was on the phone for an hour as they corrected the problem and activated the FCC and refunds. 

Sailings in their system do not get cancelled the day the announcement is made.  They stay active until they are processed to start the refund / FCC process.  this can take 30 days or more.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Sailings in their system do not get cancelled the day the announcement is made.  They stay active until they are processed to start the refund / FCC process.  this can take 30 days or more.

It had been 39 days and I need the FCCs to use to book cruises.  I am tired of giving Royal any more cash.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, WeMissSeaView said:

It had been 39 days and I need the FCCs to use to book cruises.  I am tired of giving Royal any more cash.

I know it sucks but they don't process individual ones before they are ready to.  What they will do is allow you to book a cruise and they will extend the deposit due date to allow for the FCC's to be issued.

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Yup my May 14 is still showing in my planner and that was cancelled March 9.  

Edited by little britain
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

They still should send out notices!! In my book as long as I fail to get cancel notices rcl is not doing a good job.

I might have moved my april cruise, was back and forth and finally looked and missed the 2 week deadline because I didnt KNOW! Tbh when i posted it to my roll call i had someone insisting i change TAs saying the TA should have notified me. I should not read of it on cc. I should be notified. I never was told or knew of the 2 weeks limit to lift and shift. This should be communicated. I thought I could wait and see if the april 2023 date was extended so I could move it into may. Had I been told only 2 weeks I would have known., rcl is just bad on this. Sorry it's just bad communication and until I start getting cancel notices I will continue to say rcl is very poor on this. 

No notification is just getting old. 

• Like 3

We were booked on Anthem which was cancelled. We asked for our cruise planner purchases to be credited to us with the 125% enhancement knowing we had other cruises booked. They refunded us instead!!

They then cancelled our Adventure Transatlantic, didn't tell us at all, just converted to FCC and emailed us the news! A law unto themselves..... 

Oh and we had 3 cabins booked on the same cruise next year, 1 booked direct with RCCL 2 booked with a TA. We found out yesterday they have cancelled our cabin for no reason and we had to ring and rebook....at a different price! Rather fuming at that bit :classic_angry:

• Thanks 1

To answer a couple of questions from above:

I was booked on the 18th July cruise from Stockholm on the Jewel

I booked directly with Royal

My email address is with AOL

The same ship is not matchable, but the Voyager is there on a similar date next year, which I am happy to shift to, but it shouldn't be up to me to tell Royal they have cancelled my cruise!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, compman9 said:

To answer a couple of questions from above:

I booked directly with Royal

My email address is with AOL

The same ship is not matchable, but the Voyager is there on a similar date next year, which I am happy to shift to, but it shouldn't be up to me to tell Royal they have cancelled my cruise!

The cancellation announcement for the Jewel was done in March 25, 2021.

The deadline to lift snd shift was April 8.

125% FCC will automatically be issued and you have until June 30, 2021 to request a refund instead of the FCC 

6 hours ago, compman9 said:

I was booked on the same cruise, but through a TA. Never got any notice either (and my TA didn't know about it until I mentioned it). Luckily I saw a post here about Jewel being used in the Mediterranean in July.

I was able to easily L&S to next year (4/17/22), same routing on a different ship. But that was on 4/4, before the deadline Ourusualbeach mentioned. 

On 4/18/2021 at 1:07 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

The cancellation announcement for the Jewel was done in March 25, 2021.

The deadline to lift snd shift was April 8.

125% FCC will automatically be issued and you have until June 30, 2021 to request a refund instead of the FCC 

I have never been notified and would still like to lift and shift - Where would I stand (before I call for an almighty argument)?