Azamara Circle Loyalty Newsletter

Grandma Cruising

With this important mention about Loyalty reciprocity 

Accrued Captain’s Club points, along with Royal Caribbean Crown & Anchor Society benefits, will continue to be shared reciprocally between all three cruise lines, provided you have had at least one past sailing with Azamara.”

45 minutes ago, mj_holiday said:

Did I miss something?  I would have liked some kind of information on what plans are for sailing during the pandemic.

No you missed nothing, this is just part of their we are getting ready to start communications.  Given how all the governments are changing rules every day, I would not expect details of their restart plans and what it means for onboard guests to be communicated until just before the first cruises sail.  Currently they are indicating that is July but it is going to be a challenge to get crewed up and all vessels operational by then.  One thing, they are not going to sail if they feel the pandemic is still a major player (ie during the pandemic) more likely they are going to start when they see the risks receding.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, uktog said:

No you missed nothing, this is just part of their we are getting ready to start communications.  Given how all the governments are changing rules every day, I would not expect details of their restart plans and what it means for onboard guests to be communicated until just before the first cruises sail.  Currently they are indicating that is July but it is going to be a challenge to get crewed up and all vessels operational by then.  One thing, they are not going to sail if they feel the pandemic is still a major player (ie during the pandemic) more likely they are going to start when they see the risks receding.

These are my thoughts.

If they truly are going in July and August, there will likely be lots of adjustments to be made.  Out 23 July sailing is "scheduled" to visit 9 countries (including Russia which likely isn't happening) and leave from Stockholm, which is having big virus spikes.

If they aren't going in July and August, the likely are determining what makes sense later in the year.

Lots of work and not tasks that I would envy.

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, ECCruise said:

there will likely be lots of adjustments to be made

50 minutes ago, ECCruise said:

Lots of work and not tasks that I would envy.

Just as you say ... Getting ahead of some of these cruises is an almost impossible job ... have patience.

• Like 4

Planning the restart is going to be difficult as the pandemic is far from over as the latest sad figures from India show. 
Much has been said about other cruise lines especially Viking planning to start up around the U.K. but this is far from a done deal. Currently the U.K. government roadmap ( that actually only applies to England, devolved government is complicated) is saying that there will be a further easing of lockdown on 17th May that would allow U.K. cruises. However this is dependent on the last easing of lockdown on the 12th April not causing an unacceptable spike in COVID cases, and that won’t actually be known for another week or so, currently everything looks good but take nothing for granted at the moment.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, mj_holiday said:

Did I miss something?  I would have liked some kind of information on what plans are for sailing during the pandemic.

I agree, the newsletter was a damp squib, and astonishingly the subject of cruises restarting was conspicuous by its absence. Az are clearly behind the curve regarding cruise resumption, and I do wonder if the new owners have a strategic plan!

13 minutes ago, hamrag said:

I agree, the newsletter was a damp squib, and astonishingly the subject of cruises restarting was conspicuous by its absence. Az are clearly behind the curve regarding cruise resumption, and I do wonder if the new owners have a strategic plan!

Spoiler:  They just invested a chunk of cash and bought a 4th ship.  They have tons of experience running corps MUCH bigger than Azamara.  They could put Azamara in the cloakroom of some of their acquisitions. .

So, yes.  They do.

• Like 8

14 hours ago, Riocca said:

everything looks good but take nothing for granted at the moment.

Key details are changing almost daily ... it is very difficult to do advanced planning ... not only must you consider your own country but other potential international cruise ports and the cruise lines that can also seem to change their minds rapidly ... gulp ... 🤑

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, GlobalMethod said:

Key details are changing almost daily ... it is very difficult to do advanced planning ... not only must you consider your own country but other potential international cruise ports and the cruise lines that can also seem to change their minds rapidly ... gulp ... 🤑

I really feel for them.  It’s a situation where doing nothing significant in the short term may well be your best strategy in the long term. Not that I believe they are doing absolutely nothing, lots of scenario planning will be being worked through.

And given you are not yet able to say when and how you are restarting do you touch base with your loyalty cohort with general news (and risk being accused of a damp squib) or miss your quarterly communication (and risk the concerns that would raise). They chose the former, that’s a reasonable call in these impossible times. 

Edited by uktog
  • Like 7

Thanks so much for this.  Despite several cruises with Azamara (last in 2019 to Cuba...fantastic trip), we do not get this newsletter nor most notifications or emails mentioned on CC.  Same with the rest of RCL, despite being quite high on the combined loyalty program and many discussions by phone.  I have come to depend on the "kindness of friends" in posting info here. 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

I would love to get this newsletter and various emails from Azamara.  Do you have to have a previous sailing with them to qualify?

I think you do but guests also post the links to it here