Medallion App Updated and Working Now

HBCcruiser

We are now (at least for the time being) showing Green Lane for all cruises. The only thing not marked with a green check mark is the arrival and departure times which can't be done yet.

I really wish this app worked like many others where I can authenticate using my fingerprint. If I sign out to check anything it requires the full login. It would be so much better if I could use my fingerprint.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, PaperSniper4 said:

My wife and I got new "smart" Samsung Galaxy A11 phones March 2021. They are identical.

There must be something different about the phones. Check your Android versions and see if her phone has a slightly updated version. It can pay to always keep your OS updated. Are you running a virus checker and she isn't?  Often some app that one wouldn't think would have any bearing on an issue turns out to be the culprit. Even something as (supposedly) innocuous as a stupid game can cause problems. (I often wonder why people put so many games on their phones when most of them have code to gather all kinds of info that has nothing to do with the game.)

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

There must be something different about the phones. Check your Android versions and see if her phone has a slightly updated version. It can pay to always keep your OS updated. Are you running a virus checker and she isn't?  Often some app that one wouldn't think would have any bearing on an issue turns out to be the culprit. Even something as (supposedly) innocuous as a stupid game can cause problems. (I often wonder why people put so many games on their phones when most of them have code to gather all kinds of info that has nothing to do with the game.)

Thanks, good suggestion. But I already checked. I can find nothing different, although I have a few apps that she doesn't, mainly airline and cruise line apps. Neither of us would be caught dead with any games on our phones! 😝Other than that we have the same apps, and the same OS. I suppose one of the airline or cruise line apps could be the issue; I just don't care enough at this point. As long as we can board that cruise (Feb 2022) all is well. I have yet to check if I can upload any COVID card info. I can't see any reason I would need to have an fully operable MC app on my phone for our cruise. We NEVER carry our phones around the ship, but if we must, we will just use hers; assuming mine still will not work for "on board" stuff.

Also, I mentioned elsewhere about not seeing the "spirits" section under the Princess Cellars online. That's online, with the PC. It's not showing for our Feb 2022 cruise, but I think it's related to the time until departure. Someone could see it for their Nov 2021 cruise, but not their Feb 2022 cruise. So no worries about that.....yet.

Doug

8 minutes ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Also, I mentioned elsewhere about not seeing the "spirits" section under the Princess Cellars online. That's online, with the PC. It's not showing for our Feb 2022 cruise, but I think it's related to the time until departure. Someone could see it for their Nov 2021 cruise, but not their Feb 2022 cruise. So no worries about that.....yet.

Someone mentioned that the liquor selection was showing up on their phone so I decided to give that a shot. It really makes no difference in my case whether it shows up or not as I won't be using that service but it annoys me that it shows up for some and not for others. I gave it a shot on the phone just now but it's the same as on the laptop. I see the wine listings and that's all. If they are still offering the 375ml bottles it shouldn't matter if you can order them in advance or not. they were always (in the past) offered on the room service menu.

Edited by Thrak

54 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I see the wine listings and that's all. If they are still offering the 375ml bottles it shouldn't matter if you can order them in advance or not. they were always (in the past) offered on the room service menu.

I just took a peek at the website 2 different ways, logged in and not logged in.  I thought a work around would have produced the liquor menu under the gifts link - no good.  When I tried to simulate purchasing a bottle as a gift for someone else the liquor still doesn't come up.

Maybe they don't have any liquor left...That may be a clue as to what the Princess employees have been doing for the past 15 months and also explains the great rollout of the new app.🍷🍸🍹🍺🥂🤢

17 hours ago, Daniel A said:

I just took a peek at the website 2 different ways, logged in and not logged in.  I thought a work around would have produced the liquor menu under the gifts link - no good.  When I tried to simulate purchasing a bottle as a gift for someone else the liquor still doesn't come up.

Maybe they don't have any liquor left...That may be a clue as to what the Princess employees have been doing for the past 15 months and also explains the great rollout of the new app.🍷🍸🍹🍺🥂🤢

It is not `under gifts, it is under Princess Cellars.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Doug R. said:

It is not `under gifts, it is under Princess Cellars.

I am aware of that, but Princess Cellars comes up as a category of gifts as well as in the cruise personalizer under Onboard Activity Reservations.

Re Arrival Times:  For my July 2022 Alaska cruise from San Francisco, we are flying up the day before and staying in a hotel booked through Princess. Then Princess is providing transport to the ship. So I will get there whenever Princess gets us there. So how do I pick an arrival time when I don't have any control over when it will be?

9 minutes ago, tellis90245 said:

Re Arrival Times:  For my July 2022 Alaska cruise from San Francisco, we are flying up the day before and staying in a hotel booked through Princess. Then Princess is providing transport to the ship. So I will get there whenever Princess gets us there. So how do I pick an arrival time when I don't have any control over when it will be?

When we booked pre-cruise hotels through NCL, we were always booked at a hotel that provided the shuttle to the ship.  We needed to let the hotel front desk or concierge know what time we wanted to be on the hotel shuttle to the pier.

2 hours ago, tellis90245 said:

I would imagine that the best course of action would be to select the earliest possible arrival time for that day. It's my understanding that as things are now, if you arrive BEFORE your scheduled time, they won't let you in and you have to "wait outside", but if you arrive AFTER your allotted time, you should be able to check in normally even if you are hours late. That being said, all this supposes that these COVID-specific rules are temporary; if your trip is in one year, who knows what the procedures will be then.

I don't know what's going on with the medallion app on my phone. I had the old OceanReady app on the phone from our cruise in the fall of 2019. When I tried to open it, it said I needed to update to the MedallionClass app. I was on the phone with Princess for over an hour. I finally got the app to open while waiting for a transfer to the department that would have taken my info over the phone.

The app shows me with a check on the 3rd button and says "Blue Lane" above circles 4 and 5. When I click on "Travel Checklist" and then "Personel Information & Documents," I see green checks by everything except "Passage Contract & Covid-19 Risk Accepance." That has an orange circle with an exclamation point in it. I can't see how to accept it. None of the links are live on that page. 

If I go back and click on "Next Step," it just brings me back to that page again and the links still don't go anywhere.

18 minutes ago, geoherb said:

I don't know what's going on with the medallion app on my phone. I had the old OceanReady app on the phone from our cruise in the fall of 2019. When I tried to open it, it said I needed to update to the MedallionClass app. I was on the phone with Princess for over an hour. I finally got the app to open while waiting for a transfer to the department that would have taken my info over the phone.

The app shows me with a check on the 3rd button and says "Blue Lane" above circles 4 and 5. When I click on "Travel Checklist" and then "Personel Information & Documents," I see green checks by everything except "Passage Contract & Covid-19 Risk Accepance." That has an orange circle with an exclamation point in it. I can't see how to accept it. None of the links are live on that page. 

If I go back and click on "Next Step," it just brings me back to that page again and the links still don't go anywhere.

Did you end up updating the App?  When was the last time you reinstalled it?

I went through the steps above as you described and obviously you should be able to click on all those items and they should open so you can accept the passenger contract.  If you are using an older version of the App you need to update it, the app went through a significant debugging this week. 

Edited by Jadn13

22 minutes ago, Jadn13 said:

Did you end up updating the App?  When was the last time you reinstalled it?

I went through the steps above as you described and obviously you should be able to click on all those items and they should open so you can accept the passenger contract.  If you are using an older version of the App you need to update it, the app went through a significant debugging this week. 

Updating the app is one of my problems. When I try to install it on my phone (Samsung Galaxy s10), it gives me a message: "Can't install MedallionClass." I'm not even sure how it's on my phone. I had OceanReady on it for a previous cruise but don't remember having the medallion app. The version on my phone is 3.0.91422 and apparently the latest is 3.0.93251. 

To make things even more frustrating, I just tried calling Princess. I was on hold for 26 minutes before someone came on the line to tell me that the hours are from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific time and that he couldn't help me. It was probably around 5:05 that I called, thinking they were open after being put on hold. It seems so simple to play a recording telling people to call back between those hours rather than letting people hold.

22 minutes ago, geoherb said:

Updating the app is one of my problems. When I try to install it on my phone (Samsung Galaxy s10), it gives me a message: "Can't install MedallionClass." I'm not even sure how it's on my phone. I had OceanReady on it for a previous cruise but don't remember having the medallion app. The version on my phone is 3.0.91422 and apparently the latest is 3.0.93251. 

To make things even more frustrating, I just tried calling Princess. I was on hold for 26 minutes before someone came on the line to tell me that the hours are from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific time and that he couldn't help me. It was probably around 5:05 that I called, thinking they were open after being put on hold. It seems so simple to play a recording telling people to call back between those hours rather than letting people hold.

The Samsung Galaxy 10 has a 9.0 operating system and the App works on 8.0 or higher so that's not the issue. 

The issue could be that your phone doesn't have enough space to hold the App.

I don't want to say delete the old App to create space on your phone which may allow for the new one if that's not 100% the issue.

I have an iphone and not an Android but the App is 395M

(according to Google Play Store)

If you know where to look on your phone that shows storage space, I would start there. 

Maybe someone better versed with  an Android phone  could jump in with a way to troubleshoot as well. 

I found this article that may be of help or at least a starting point.

https://www.alphr.com/android-wont-download-install-apps/

Edited by Jadn13

20 minutes ago, Jadn13 said:

The Samsung Galaxy 10 has a 9.0 operating system and the App works on 8.0 or higher so that's not the issue. 

The issue could be that your phone doesn't have enough space to hold the App.

I don't want to say delete the old App to create space on your phone which may allow for the new one if that's not 100% the issue.

I have an iphone and not an Android but the App is 395M

(according to Google Play Store)

If you know where to look on your phone that shows storage space, I would start there. 

Maybe someone better versed with  an Android phone  could jump in with a way to troubleshoot as well. 

I found this article that may be of help or at least a starting point.

https://www.alphr.com/android-wont-download-install-apps/

Thanks for the suggestions. My phone has plenty of space: 78.4 GB out of 108 GB free. I even installed another app just to make sure the problem was the MedallionClass app and not the Google Play Store or my phone. The other app installed and opened without problems. I had tried many of the steps suggested on that website. The only one I had not done was the permissions, but the settings looked correct for them.

Has anyone tried writing asko­cean­medal­lion@car­ni­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­val.­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­com? I've seen an official response to bad reviews suggesting that. But I think for now, I'll wait until 11 a.m. tomorrow (8 a.m. Pacific time) to call again. One of the downsides to booking cruises that leave in a few weeks is the drama of getting things worked out when something doesn't work right.

Edited by geoherb
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, geoherb said:

Thanks for the suggestions. My phone has plenty of space: 78.4 GB out of 108 GB free. I even installed another app just to make sure the problem was the MedallionClass app and not the Google Play Store or my phone. The other app installed and opened without problems. I had tried many of the steps suggested on that website. The only one I had not done was the permissions, but the settings looked correct for them.

Has anyone tried writing asko­cean­medal­lion@car­ni­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­val.­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­com? I've seen an official response to bad reviews suggesting that. But I think for now, I'll wait until 11 a.m. tomorrow (8 a.m. Pacific time) to call again. One of the downsides to booking cruises that leave in a few weeks is the drama of getting things worked out when something doesn't work right.

Have you got rid of any of the old OCEANxxxx Apps?  You didn't explicitly state this.  Look for and delete any old OCEAN xxxxx Apps.  Next, delete MC App if you still have that (you indicated quite an old version).  Now to Play Store and download the MC App to install fresh copy.

Like Steelers36 mentioned above, delete any of the Princess app from previous cruises.  After all the old apps are deleted; reboot your android phone.  When it boots back up, install the Princess Medallion Class app.  Good luck

Sorry to barge in....But does anyone here use apple device for Medallion Class app.?  I changed booking on next cruise and the app. deleted spouse on that cruise.  How do I get him back so I can finish getting ready to go.

9 minutes ago, Amoorhouse said:

Sorry to barge in....But does anyone here use apple device for Medallion Class app.?  I changed booking on next cruise and the app. deleted spouse on that cruise.  How do I get him back so I can finish getting ready to go.

🙂 Hope this helps

On the main page, scroll down to the Travel Companions (Click)

On the next page in the top right corner Add Guests (Click)

Add the Booking Number and hit search 

Edited by Jadn13

Your spouse should filter over from the cruise personalizer.  Have you ever filled out the cruise personalizer with all your info?  Open the app and sign in.  You should be on the Ocean Ready Profile. scroll down the app until you see Travel Companions; click on that and add your spouse.  Cheers

1 minute ago, Jadn13 said:

🙂 Hope this helps

On the main page, scroll down to the Travel Companions (Click)

On the next page in the top right corner Add Guests (Click)

Add the Booking Number and hit search 

ok I did that. but when I to to Personal Information and Dcuments he is not there

3 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

Your spouse should filter over from the cruise personalizer.  Have you ever filled out the cruise personalizer with all your info?  Open the app and sign in.  You should be on the Ocean Ready Profile. scroll down the app until you see Travel Companions; click on that and add your spouse.  Cheers

He is on the other cruises, just not on the one I changed yesterday.

2 minutes ago, Amoorhouse said:

ok I did that. but when I to to Personal Information and Dcuments he is not there

I had this happen,  I ended up just downloading  the App again and it synced back up. 

You can also logoff yourself and log back in as your spouse and fill out the forms there. (Obviously that's a work around and not ideal but it does work)

If you haven't updated the App recently (This week)  they did fix some bugs so it's worth updating.

5 minutes ago, Amoorhouse said:

Did you try what Jadn13 mentioned in post#1646?