Medallion App Updated and Working Now

HBCcruiser

3 hours ago, dog said:

On the July 25/21 Majestic Roll Call someone got an arrival time of 11:30 am & an email saying 1:00 pm for arrival. 

I got an email like that but if you read the entire email it states that those without an arrival time will board by deck with the 1st 3 decks boarding at 1.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, dog said:

On the July 25/21 Majestic Roll Call someone got an arrival time of 11:30 am & an email saying 1:00 pm for arrival. 

Ombud got that email.  I would think the app arrival time would be correct.  The email stated if you don't have an arrival time; you show up at 1pm.  Cheers

On 7/18/2021 at 12:54 PM, pompeii said:

How long does it take for a new booking to be recognized by the app?  I rebooked an existing cruise on Friday to get a price drop so now I have a new booking number. The previous booking number was linked to the app (it is no longer since it’s canceled) but the app says the new booking number does not match their information.  Does it take a few days? I’ve triple checked to make sure the number I’m entering is correct. 

Just thought I'd check in with the outcome of my issue in case anyone else faces this.  I opened the app yesterday and like magic, my rebooked cruise was there.  So it took about a week for it to appear.  I don't know if it would have shown up on its own or if it's because I contacted my PVP and my booking got put on the list of uncooperative cruises.  I was able to complete various steps in the app so it seems all is working well for now.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ombud said:

I got an email like that but if you read the entire email it states that those without an arrival time will board by deck with the 1st 3 decks boarding at 1.

1 hour ago, AF-1 said:

Ombud got that email.  I would think the app arrival time would be correct.  The email stated if you don't have an arrival time; you show up at 1pm.  Cheers

Those who couldn't get App working properly are consigned to the back of the line and don't get to board until afternoon.  Not nice.

35 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Those who couldn't get App working properly are consigned to the back of the line and don't get to board until afternoon.  Not nice.

It's not that far off what others can get with the app.  Here's what was in my email:

image.png.bc30280350b635400983bfadcbc31830.png

47 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Note to self:  Never book on Baja or Lido.  😉

Oops, we are on Baja for our November and March cruises.  We are also suite and elite but not sure that matters anymore.  Oh well, will just be happy to get on board! 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DiRonT said:

Oops, we are on Baja for our November and March cruises.  We are also suite and elite but not sure that matters anymore.  Oh well, will just be happy to get on board! 

Elite should book an arrival time in the app. I don't see an issue with telling those who are unable to arrive on time to show up by deck. I used to tell hospital employees if they're going to be late, leave 5 minutes early. Time matters in some situations: appointments / shift workers (hospital, cops, fire) / and now boarding cruise ships 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, DiRonT said:

22 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Elite should book an arrival time in the app. I don't see an issue with telling those who are unable to arrive on time to show up by deck. I used to tell hospital employees if they're going to be late, leave 5 minutes early. Time matters in some situations: appointments / shift workers (hospital, cops, fire) / and now boarding cruise ships 

Yes, if you manage to get an Arrival Group thru MC App, the deck timing thing doesn't affect you.

How far in advance can you reserve a boarding time and require dining times through “Dine My Way’?  We don’t sail until 12/11/2021.  When I try to book a dining time, I just get an error message.  

Edited by mthomp5

24 minutes ago, mthomp5 said:

How far in advance can you reserve a boarding time and require dining times through “Dine My Way’?  We don’t sail until 12/11/2021.  When I try to book a dining time, I just get an error message.  

I have booked my dining times for March 2022 as an elite. 

I just keep checking for arrival time as it says it is too early to book 

6 minutes ago, dog said:

I have booked my dining times for March 2022 as an elite. 

I just keep checking for arrival time as it says it is too early to book 

Thanks Dog!  Wow!  You already could book dining times for March 2022.  I’ll keep checking every day for our dining times. We are platinum so hope that it opens for us soon.  I was with seeing if I had an app issue because ir kept telling me “sorry…”

7 minutes ago, mthomp5 said:

Thanks Dog!  Wow!  You already could book dining times for March 2022.  I’ll keep checking every day for our dining times. We are platinum so hope that it opens for us soon.  I was with seeing if I had an app issue because ir kept telling me “sorry…”

Ask on your roll call to see when others get to book.   At first I was given limited choices. Since I can go in and get better times and table for 2. So you can edit after choosing dining times. Can also book Specialty dining now 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, dog said:

Ask on your roll call to see when others get to book.   At first I was given limited choices. Since I can go in and get better times and table for 2. So you can edit after choosing dining times. Can also book Specialty dining now 

Thanks Dog!  Good idea!  Will check with the roll call. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mthomp5 said:

Just found FAQs that say Platinum and Elite should be able to reserve Dine My Way when the cruise is booked.  Others can reserve after final payment.  Any elite or Platinum having problems booking DMW?

We are Elite and have made reservations with DMW for our 28 Nov cruise.  For cruises from Jan - Nov 2022, MC will not let me make reservations.  MC tells me to check back later.

• Like 1

Well…after an hour of trying all kinds of different options, I was finally able to make reservations on DMW for my myself and DH.  But the problem I’m encountering now is that I can’t add another passenger (also platinum but on separate cruise booking) to our dinner reservation.   

there must be a way for families traveling together but on separate bookings to reserve a table together?

25 minutes ago, mthomp5 said:

Well…after an hour of trying all kinds of different options, I was finally able to make reservations on DMW for my myself and DH.  But the problem I’m encountering now is that I can’t add another passenger (also platinum but on separate cruise booking) to our dinner reservation.   

there must be a way for families traveling together but on separate bookings to reserve a table together?

I was able to do that will a group of 8 family members for a March '22 cruise....and the three families were all different booking numbers

Just now, chrysalis said:

I was able to do that will a group of 8 family members for a March '22 cruise....and the three families were all different booking numbers

Thanks Chrysalis!  I think I will have to make a call into Princess.  I added the other passenger by selecting “add guest” and entering their booking # and I can see their avatar which I select.  but if I try to book a dining time with them included, I get an error message.  If I book with just my DH and I, no problems.  This just seems glitchy to me or they need better instructions.  

9 hours ago, dog said:

At first I was given limited choices. Since I can go in and get better times and table for 2. So you can edit after choosing dining times. Can also book Specialty dining now 

What do you mean 'choices' ? DMW just gave me a table for 2 in a specific DR - worked fine, but no choice.

13 hours ago, mthomp5 said:

I am but a humble Platinum and was able to book dining for my March 30, 2022 cruise on the Enchanted Princess.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/25/2021 at 9:32 AM, Ombud said:

The issue is when the app won't work as many of us are finding - with 38 Princess cruises under my belt I would believe I should be able to board when I get there

• Like 1