Medallion App Updated and Working Now

HBCcruiser

3 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

A tale of two platforms (also Android here on Samsung).  I believe they are focused on Apple and develop on Apple and then Android is an after-thought.  Perhaps moreso because of all the issues, so maybe even less time for Android than they might have thought.  Seems to be more leeway in backwards compatibility on Apple than Android (but IDK all the release levels and dates).  Android is getting the scraps from the table and not an equal seat at the table.

I can’t make it upload my passport photo on either an iPad or iPhone with the latest iOS- think it’s just a cluster all the way around.

2 hours ago, t&atravel said:

When you pull up the app in the apple app store there is a button for “version history”.  That’s where the list is from. Does the Android store not have something similar?

2 hours ago, joepeka said:

The Google Play Store does not have a similar version history option that I can find. All it shows is the currently available version and some high-level details about it (version number, release date, size, requirements, etc.).

Well there is something I wasn't aware of - or forgot.  While in the Play Store, search for MC App and bring it up.  Tap on the MC App icon (Princess logo).  Brings up a new page with "What's new".  Tap on that text to expand it.

Explains with bullet points what is changed/new in this release.  Scrolling down, I see effective date and version number.

Items:

• Health & Vaccine submission form available in Ocean Ready Checklist
  • Emerg Return Airport in OceanReady
  • Return Travel info included in OceanReady
  • App stability improvements based on release feedback from guests
  • DMW optimization to help improve performance.  More on the way!  (I guess that's one way to put it).
  • Login/Sign Up flow additional polish and bug fixes based on guest feedback
  • Various additional bug fixes

Nothing I saw for past releases.

Travel info is flaky/buggy, however.  I found you cannot always just tap for the drop-down list and tap on an entry and get it to take.  I had to start typing the letters of the choice and then tap my selection.  This section is loaded up with a lot of defunct airlines - who knows how many.  I found 4 or 5 without hardly looking.  I got an error when saving my entry - "Invalid flight", but found out later, it did save the info.  On the start page for travel info, all it states is "Air MM/DD/YYYY 00:00:00" and a DELETE button.  So you can delete an entry, but when tapping on it, one would expect it to open up the details - like cities, airline, flight nbr etc.  Nope.  Also, there is no flight time loaded up nor a field to enter.  In Cruise Personalizer, we would enter the flight booking code (confirmation code), but not here and the system doesn't find flight times.

(Yes, our voyage is for OCT 2022, so no flights, but I decided to do some QA testing and used dates where flights are being sold).

• Like 1

Maybe the Mods should add "-NOT!!" to the heading of this thread. 

Despite the recent update I still cannot access ANY item within the Passenger Info section of the Travel Checklist, even though there is only one item to complete which was completed successfully previously - The Passenger Contract, etc..  

Had a nice chat with an Ocean Navigator rep, after holding for 30+ minutes, who also could not access any item on my Passenger Information section.  She noted I am not the only one with this issue, and has passed it up the line for review.

• Like 3

I uninstalled the Medallion app and then reinstalled, I've done this twice now and every time I've done it I've gotten more of the app to work. tonight I got the health section 5 to open for the COVID questions, but no way to take a picture of the CDC COVID card. Everything is checked with the green check now and it's telling me to proceed to the blue lane, yesterday it was the Green lane. Now all I have to do is figure out the dining portion of the app and I'll be golden.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, caribill said:

I did not know that the app was available for the Kindle Fire.

Was it easy to locate to download?

No it required jumping through some hoops and because of the very slow processor, it took overnight to load.

You can follow the steps in the below web page but make sure you follow the steps in the exact order indicated.  After installing Google Play Store you can download the Princess App.  (Remember that it took a very long time for the Fire to download it - I thought it didn't work and put the Fire down and the next morning when I got up it was there.)  I don't know how well it's going to work with the current Princess app as I'm waiting for them to get it working properly before I attempt downloading the new app.)

How to Install the Google Play Store on an Amazon Fire Tablet (howtogeek.com)

• Thanks 1

The APP isn't working for me now, I was in the green lane with everything 100% filled in and now I can't even log into the APP anymore.  Won't take my email & password or accept my booking number (tells me it can't verify my information). I've deleted from 2 phones and re-downloaded it and still doesn't work.   Now I'm worried it has wiped out all of my information. 😟

1 minute ago, Esjung1 said:

The APP isn't working for me now, I was in the green lane with everything 100% filled in and now I can't even log into the APP anymore.  Won't take my email & password or accept my booking number (tells me it can't verify my information). I've deleted from 2 phones and re-downloaded it and still doesn't work.   Now I'm worried it has wiped out all of my information. 😟

I’m having exactly the same problem. This is insane. 

Just now, erber said:

This is really upsetting and hours worth of work for everyone who is cruising in the future. If I lose everything that has already been entered I just might cry. 

I don’t know why I am so stressed over this. Our first Princess cruise post-Covid isn’t until December and I think it is likely to be cancelled if Souh America doesn’t open up for international travel. But, this is just ridiculous. I had everything filled in for that cruise and two others and now NOTHING is there and no journeys even listed. I’m just cooling my jets and hope it all reappears at some point. 

28 minutes ago, Esjung1 said:

26 minutes ago, erber said:

I am also having the exact same problem and I have called 3 other people I know with booked cruises and they are also having the same problem.  My guess is they are updating or doing maintenance or something at the moment.  

Pity Princess don’t advise on their web site about problems with app and when it will be rectified. Very frustrating for customers who are trying to get things sorted before sailing, we are sailing 31st July on their first short cruise from Southampton. We were in the green lane and wanted to see what entertainment we were being offered during this short break. Let’s hope that Southampton boarding isn’t as chaotic as the app is!

PAMJP;  there will be a lot of Princess reps at the port to help anyone who has not completed the required info with the app.  Don't stress of this;  you have no control how the app will or won't work.  All the best.  Cheers

My take on this is it isn’t very customer friendly, we aren’t new to cruising or to Princess but this is our first medallion cruise. It isn’t a very good impression for first time Princess cruisers, because it is such a mess. I’ll leave the app for a day or two and hopefully everything I’ve done so far shows up as it has before these last few weeks. We’re then ready for picking up our medallion and speedily boarded, yes!

3 minutes ago, PAMJP said:

My take on this is it isn’t very customer friendly, we aren’t new to cruising or to Princess but this is our first medallion cruise. It isn’t a very good impression for first time Princess cruisers, because it is such a mess. I’ll leave the app for a day or two and hopefully everything I’ve done so far shows up as it has before these last few weeks. We’re then ready for picking up our medallion and speedily boarded, yes!

I answered your post in 1464.  Don't stress out

6 minutes ago, PAMJP said:

Having read my post again, I was referring to Princess app not being customer friendly, I hope you didn’t think I was being rude to you, it wasn’t what I intended. Sorry. 

I 100% agree with what you said...this app is a disaster and quite frankly it is surprising that they haven't fixed it or opened up another option.  For a company the size of Princess (and parent Carnival) to have an ongoing issue of this magnitude is quite surprising.  In an industry that needs to quickly regain consumer confidence this is a glaring concern.

AF-1 is correct in saying that there will be people at the pier to fix any of these issues but it is still shocking to see this continue to be an issue day after day.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 2ferfun said:

My guess is they are updating or doing maintenance or something at the moment.  

I think so as well.  But they should have just taken the whole App off-line for maintenance.  All they are doing is creating more mass consternation that more bugs have destroyed the pre-existing data.

• Like 2

Hopefully it is maintenance and we don’t loose what we had.  Earlier this morning, I had it showing what I had yesterday.  Later this morning, nothing, it does not even recognize my booking number.

Just checked again and now it shows my cruise but I dont have all green checkmarks (which I did yesterday).  When I go into "Personal information and Documents" most of the fields are now gone.  All that shows is security photo, profile photo and PIN code.

There does come a point where they need to just scrap this plan and go back to what works.  This is starting to become absurd.

4 hours ago, AF-1 said:

PAMJP;  there will be a lot of Princess reps at the port to help anyone who has not completed the required info with the app.  Don't stress of this;  you have no control how the app will or won't work.  All the best.  Cheers

Hopefully you are correct and there will be actual Princess reps (not contracted check-in personnel) who are extremely well trained in how to make this app actually work.

Unknown is whether these reps will have to use the app to enter in the needed information or if they will have an alternative non-app method to do so.

If the reps will be using the app, will it be on the customers' devices or on a device the rep has?

Some very tech-savvy people have posted on this thread that they have been unable to get the app to work on their own devices. Good luck to the Princess reps at check-in.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AF-1 said:

Exactly - I would predict that 80% of passengers are unaware of Medallion App and would not pursue it if they did now.

• Like 3