How are First/Business class being handled currently?

39august

I understand that no snacks or drinks were served when the US was shut down last year because of Covid. How is this being handled now, please/  Is service back when paying for these tickets? I am most interested in AA and Delta. 

Sorry, can't specifically speak for Delta and AA, but generally, on United and I think the others, unless you are on a very short flight, you will get, at minimum, some snack items and a limited drink choice. The longer the flights, the more food you get. Not to pre-Covid standards for sure, but you won't starve.

20 hours ago, dabear said:

, I was handed a sandwich

That reminds me of a flight many years ago when the passengers picked up a lunch bag from a cooler at the entrance to the gate.  

Post-Covid, please, let's not re-visit the past like that!

• Like 1

The Points Guy has an update at In-flight service is back

Basically for longer flights meals are served on one tray all at one time.  No more courses.  Alcohol is back too.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, HUNKY said:

Basically for longer flights meals are served on one tray all at one time.  No more courses.

Thanks for the information.  For the time being, I can accept that type of service.  However, if I am on an international Business Class flight, I would appreciate the course by course serving to resume.  I have never experienced such service on any domestic First Class flight.  (And, don't expect too, either.)  

• 4 weeks later...
22 hours ago, irishgal432 said:

Just got back for a Salt Lake to Atl and no pre take off beverages, and a snack box of prepackaged snacks.  Once take off we had drink service. No blankets or pillows distributed.

Was your flight on Delta?  What type of plane?  I can understand the reasoning behind no pre-take off beverages, but I hope there was a small water bottle at one's seat.  No blankets or pillows?  Good!  There will be those who disagree with me, but I have 99% of the time found that they "get in my way" and I end up trying to stuff the blanket, particularly, into the seat back pocket in front of me.  

24 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

Was your flight on Delta?  What type of plane?  I can understand the reasoning behind no pre-take off beverages, but I hope there was a small water bottle at one's seat.  No blankets or pillows?  Good!  There will be those who disagree with me, but I have 99% of the time found that they "get in my way" and I end up trying to stuff the blanket, particularly, into the seat back pocket in front of me.  

Delta 767  No water on the seat either.  Just the headphones, I guess you can ask for one, but I think they are all stored.

2 minutes ago, irishgal432 said:

Delta 767  No water on the seat either.  Just the headphones, I guess you can ask for one, but I think they are all stored.

Thank you for your reply.  I rank headphones in the same category as blankets and pillows.  

Was the beverage service individual bottles of liquor, pours from real wine bottles, or just canned cocktails?  

45 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

Thank you for your reply.  I rank headphones in the same category as blankets and pillows.  

Was the beverage service individual bottles of liquor, pours from real wine bottles, or just canned cocktails?  

They were mixed when they gave them to us, my husband had a glass of wine that was more than a bottle and the lady next to us requested a bottle for later.

• Like 1

Just now, irishgal432 said:

They were mixed when they gave them to us, my husband had a glass of wine that was more than a bottle and the lady next to us requested a bottle for later.

Thanks!  That sounds like an improvement in service from what I had read a few weeks ago.  

I really like Delta's 767's.  Always try to get a First Class seat along the aisle away from the entry door's aisle.  When pre-departure beverage service was available, I was served more quickly by my FA.  

I am flying to Greece in July---United going there, Delta coming home. Both flights are in Business Class. I am just happy to be able to lay down and sleep😃

7 hours ago, AF-1 said:

I leave on Jun 3; American Airlines to Hawaii,  they sent me an email and said food service would be provided for my flight.

Good news for you!  I'd appreciate it if you could post a report of your experience when you return from your trip.  Thank you.  Aloha!  

1 hour ago, rkacruiser said:

Good news for you!  I'd appreciate it if you could post a report of your experience when you return from your trip.  Thank you.  Aloha!  

No problem.  I will post about airport, tsa, inflight, and health screening.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

We have one way on Delta , no word on meals ??

Good morning, Oh, I cannot answer that one......I haven't looked on the website or called the airlines about it.  So I don't know.

I am currently in Hawaii.  Flew here on American and they are serving regular food in Business Class.  Premium Economy and Main Cabin got snack boxes.  Hope this helps.  BTW; American from DFW-HNL was 7hrs and it will be 8Hrs from HNL-ORD.  

• Like 2