Royal Up and Out!

Got a Royal Up email for my upcoming cruise.   Placed my bid.

Got an email the next day saying my RoyalUp bid was "cancelled due to a change in reservation"  

Thought it was odd, put my TA on it.    She's confused.  So are the folks at RCI customer service.

Now a bunch of folks on my roll call said they too got the same email about their bid being, "cancelled due to a change in reservation"  

Anyone hear anything?

royal up.png

I got the same email. I then went back to the email from day before, which confirmed the bid amounts, and tried to go back in through the "Modify/Cancel" link. Did not work, this is what pops up:

Past Offers

common.offer.equipment.null
(common.city.name.NAS)
Jun 26, 2021
0 seconds
This sailing is no longer eligible for an ugprade
Not Eligible

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RCCL Fan said:

Got a Royal Up email for my upcoming cruise.   Placed my bid.

Got an email the next day saying my RoyalUp bid was "cancelled due to a change in reservation"  

Thought it was odd, put my TA on it.    She's confused.  So are the folks at RCI customer service.

Now a bunch of folks on my roll call said they too got the same email about their bid being, "cancelled due to a change in reservation"  

Anyone hear anything?

royal up.png

Royal Caribbean apparently canceled the Adventure’s Royal Up offers because they thought they were deleting offers for the Adventure sailing out of Barcelona. 

The Adventure was sailing from Barcelona on the exact schedule as the Adventure out of Nassau. It has been a constant source of confusion at Royal Caribbean.

The Royal Up cancellation email has an incorrect link to re-bid. I’ll send you the correct link if I can find it.

13 hours ago, seabeew said:

Here is the link to the Royal Up offers page. I re-submitted my bid and I got an email saying it was received. If this doesn’t work, let me know.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/booked/cruise-room-upgrade 

We resubmitted as well and as I look this morning, it has cleared out again and if we go to the original email to upgrade and click the link, it says "Not eligible for upgrade" 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gliles said:

We resubmitted as well and as I look this morning, it has cleared out again and if we go to the original email to upgrade and click the link, it says "Not eligible for upgrade" 

Which sailing are you on? I ask because I’m on June 29 and my bid hasn’t been rejected as of today.

You probably should call Royal Caribbean  and tell them you are sailing out of Nassau, not Barcelona.

3 hours ago, molly361 said:

Maybe they forgot to lay off the Royal Up peeps😎

Nope, they forgot to tell their staff that the Adventure is sailing from Nassau. They have canceled one person’s cruise five times. 

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

I'm on the July 24th Adventure and can't even get past the "your cruise must be in the next 30 days" message. How are you guys getting to submit requests when we're still more than 30 days out from any cruise?

I received a RoyalUp email for my June 26 Adventure cruise. 

This was sent out last night:

ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING TRAVELS

Dear Guest,

Recently, we were advised that the program that operates our RoyalUp program encountered an error causing the cancellation of bids for some of our Adventure of the Seas guests. While the issue has already been addressed and fixed, we are unable to reinstate your bids automatically. We’re very sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.  

A new RoyalUp bid invite email will be sent to all impacted guests. If you still wish to participate in this program, click the link and follow the steps as usual. If you do not wish to rejoin the RoyalUp process, no further action is needed on your part.

Thank you for your understanding and once again, we apologize for this inconvenience. We look forward to having you onboard Adventure of the Seas in the near future!

Sincerely,

Royal Caribbean International

Edited by cruisingpeople
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, seabeew said:

Which sailing are you on? I ask because I’m on June 29 and my bid hasn’t been rejected as of today.

You probably should call Royal Caribbean  and tell them you are sailing out of Nassau, not Barcelona.

The bid wasn't rejected the second time, I just went back and looked and it looked like we had never made the bid. So we went back to the link in the email and that's where it says ineligible. The reservation is clearly for the Bahamas. Good thing we have a cabin we like! 

image.png.321adf360967be8d6f95c1fa92124552.png 

I'm booked in a JS on Vision out of Bermuda. I got a royal up offer, but didn't respond because I like the area that I booked. Everyday I check prices to see what's available. Yesterday, a lot of suites were open, but today all suites show sold out - on every sailing. I wonder what's going on? An error or is something up?

12 minutes ago, Vera/Lee said:

I'm booked in a JS on Vision out of Bermuda. I got a royal up offer, but didn't respond because I like the area that I booked. Everyday I check prices to see what's available. Yesterday, a lot of suites were open, but today all suites show sold out - on every sailing. I wonder what's going on? An error or is something up?

I noticed the same today too.  I checked the 2 we are booked for, then checked others like you said they all said suites sold out.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CTCruiser76 said:

Bump for the answer to this?

Royal Up is made available on sailings which RCI makes it available and with TA's which participate. The error saying you are not within 30 days is usually an indication that one of the above has not been met.