Carnival Shareholder Benefit Question

stoddaj1

I understand that to receive the shareholder benefit you need to own 100 shares.  Do the shares need to be in once person's name or can the total 100 come from both partners? ie 60 shares/40 shares?

13 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

At this point, is the program still going on? 

Yes, still get OBC if you own 100 shares or more, based on length of cruise. Some of these people that were paying attention scooped up shares when it was down below $10, some scored at $7.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Hi

I would say that at this point nothing is going on, except trying to determine how best to start up operations again.

That being said, at this point they haven't suspended the program, as they have with the dividends, but that can change. I believe the question is revisited at company general meetings twice a year. This question should be addressed again in August.

4 minutes ago, Nic6318 said:

Hi

I would say that at this point nothing is going on, except trying to determine how best to start up operations again.

That being said, at this point they haven't suspended the program, as they have with the dividends, but that can change. I believe the question is revisited at company general meetings twice a year. This question should be addressed again in August.

Perhaps they'll surprise everyone and expand the program - FREE CHEERS for those with 1000 shares!   😄

Tom

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, mondello said:

Some think it will be raised to a minimum of 200 shares in the future; 100 shares gets the benefit at this time.

First time I heard this rumour. Who are the some people who told you this?

48 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

They transferred my 100 obc from a cruise last year to one this sept. I'd say that's a indication they don't expect it to change, though usually you cant add shareholder obc a year in advance. Surprised me when my ta said it was transferred.

9 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

First time I heard this rumour. Who are the some people who told you this?

I may have started this rumor and it was just a thought that since prices dropped so low and many people purchased stock, it may occur to them to increase the required ownership level for the OBC to a higher value. I do not think Carnival thought that at some point people would be able to get $100 OBC per cruise for a $700 buy in which would have cost 5000 last year. 

51 minutes ago, mondello said:

Some think it will be raised to a minimum of 200 shares in the future; 100 shares gets the benefit at this time.

Absolutely nothing from Carnival to base that on. The program has existed for decades with no changes, including immediately after 9/11.

22 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Absolutely nothing from Carnival to base that on. The program has existed for decades with no changes, including immediately after 9/11.

Yes, no indication from Carnival of any change.

3 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Yes, it has already been renewed at their last board meeting. It gets renewed annually. It is a marketing tool that costs them practically nothing. There is no reason to end it despite rumors started on these boards to the contrary.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

Yes, it has already been renewed at their last board meeting. It gets renewed annually. It is a marketing tool that costs them practically nothing. There is no reason to end it despite rumors started on these boards to the contrary.

Exactly. People think this is like a dividend payment. Its $100 in OBC which typically goes to purchasing $100 in drinks that costs CCL $9.

1 hour ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

It's been years since I took advantage of this - is it still proper procedure to mail supporting info to interline@carnival.com ?

Tom

I'm curious as to how to do this as well.  This'll be my first cruise as a shareholder.  Yes, I'm one of those that bought in at $8 last year 😊

49 minutes ago, Anung Un Rama said:

I'm curious as to how to do this as well.  This'll be my first cruise as a shareholder.  Yes, I'm one of those that bought in at $8 last year 😊

Good timing (I'm more at the $20 point).

Wish I had not sold my (mined) Ethereum at $150 a few years back.... !!!

Tom

• 2 weeks later...

Latest from Carnival-----most importantly "Cross out your account number"

We can now accept shareholder proof via email at shareholders@carnival.com for those with over 100 shares looking for their extra onboard credits.

After the reservation has been made, the shareholder must provide their legal name, reservation number, ship and sailing date, along with proof of ownership of Carnival Corporation or Carnival plc shares (for example: photocopy of shareholder proxy card, a dividend tax voucher or a current brokerage or nominee statement with the brokerage account number blacked out) at the time of deposit.

Again, please remember to omit/cross out your account # prior to emailing their proof.

•$50 on board credit per stateroom on any cruise of 6 days or less

•$100 on board credit per stateroom on any cruise of 7 to 13 days

•$250 on board credit per stateroom on any cruise of 14 days or longer

9 hours ago, chocolate melting cake said:

Latest from Carnival-----most importantly "Cross out your account number"

We can now accept shareholder proof via email at shareholders@carnival.com for those with over 100 shares looking for their extra onboard credits.

After the reservation has been made, the shareholder must provide their legal name, reservation number, ship and sailing date, along with proof of ownership of Carnival Corporation or Carnival plc shares (for example: photocopy of shareholder proxy card, a dividend tax voucher or a current brokerage or nominee statement with the brokerage account number blacked out) at the time of deposit.

Again, please remember to omit/cross out your account # prior to emailing their proof.

•$50 on board credit per stateroom on any cruise of 6 days or less

•$100 on board credit per stateroom on any cruise of 7 to 13 days

•$250 on board credit per stateroom on any cruise of 14 days or longer

Thank you!!