Dine My Way - new MedallionClass enhancement

dides

8 hours ago, Ombud said:

How do you add someone into your group? We linked our bookings but it still won't let us dine together 

If by linking, you mean the TA or Princess updated bookings, that's not it.

MC App / Journey View / Travel Companions / Travel Party - Add Guests

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, AF-1 said:

I gotta say for all those people on this forum who are having issues with the app or on hold with Princess for hours.  With me;   not gonna happen.  Nothing is worth me being on hold for anything.  I will figure out the app on my own and if not.  I will get my medallion when I get to the port.  It seems a lot of people are frustrated with this app.  So sad that over 15 months with no one using the app;  the company would not have perfected the app with lots of trial runs.  I started thinking about Medallion Monday videos.  How many takes did they shoot before everything worked for the video.  

I agree.  After over a year and the app is bug ridden is not acceptable.  Princess had the same issues with the roll out two years ago!  Need new leadership in the software development dept!  Or at the top.  Jan has provided poor leadership in this area.

• Like 2

Just now, HleeCruiser said:

I agree.  After over a year and the app is bug ridden is not acceptable.  Princess had the same issues with the roll out two years ago!  Need new leadership in the software development dept!  Or at the top.  Jan has provided poor leadership in this area.

I hear you loud and clear.  Just hope Princess hears us too

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ehogan said:

I booked for a June 2, 2022 cruise several months ago and asked for traditional dining, table for four, early seating on the personalizer.  This was transferred to our Medallian account correctly except the dining room assigned was Michelangelo.  Thought this was curious since usually Bottecelli is assigned for traditional.

However since so far I have had no problems with Medallion either on my ipad or android phone I am certainly not complaining.  We had been on a previous Medallion cruise and all of our data (passports, photos, etc) were transferred as well.  Not sure if this is why all went smoothly.

I did try to change dining one day when we will be late back to the ship and it said I had to wait.

We are cruising in Dec 2021 and our Late Traditional Confirmed dining disappeared from our booking and has not shown up in the app.  I attempted to enter my own reservation and got the message "Try Back Later".  Well I have been trying and get the same message every day!!  

7 minutes ago, HleeCruiser said:

We are cruising in Dec 2021 and our Late Traditional Confirmed dining disappeared from our booking and has not shown up in the app.  I attempted to enter my own reservation and got the message "Try Back Later".  Well I have been trying and get the same message every day!!  

I am thinking they may have shut it down without notice.  It is a bit of a mess to clean up IMO for at least 2022 and beyond.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I am thinking they may have shut it down without notice.  It is a bit of a mess to clean up IMO for at least 2022 and beyond.

app will "Come Back New" - 8/31/21 ...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

When you go into the dining part of the app your travel companion(s) should be listed there.  You need to click on the other party's silhouette or real picture  and it will link all for dining .  We have our mom listed and I tried this earlier today even though I could not go further with reservation times.

13 minutes ago, BridgeMates said:

Could someone tell me what the show times generally are?

Thank you.

If you are asking due to wondering when to schedule dining, Traditional Dining windows are designed to meet major evening show times.  Princess DineMyWay (DMW) is considering the following times as TD Early & Late:  5:00 / 5:20 / 5:40  &  7:00 / 7:20 / 7:40.

4 hours ago, awhcruiser said:
6 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

When you go into the dining part of the app your travel companion(s) should be listed there.  You need to click on the other party's silhouette or real picture  and it will link all for dining .  We have our mom listed and I tried this earlier today even though I could not go further with reservation times.

Ok. We're all linked. But we still cannot reserve a table for 4. App insists I dine alone. So we'll go to Alfredos 

4 hours ago, voljeep said:

app will "Come Back New" - 8/31/21 ...

Which is helpful as we don't sail until 08/15/21. 😁

Edited by Ombud
Typo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Ombud said:

Ok. We're all linked. But we still cannot reserve a table for 4. App insists I dine alone. So we'll go to Alfredos 

Which is helpful as we don't sail until 08/15/21. 😁

In DMW - assuming it is working - did you add all those linked companions before attempting to make a res?  Dumb question I know, but had to ask it.  I believe DMW has taken a lot of voyages off-line, but perhaps not the near-term ones.

I just did that. Now I can eat at 5:00 or 8:40. Or in Alfredos or IC every night. Hoping they can fix it onboard. I'm not eating at 5 or 8:40. Fortunately I love Alfredos when its got the full menu (soup, salad, pasta, dessert). 

Added: I am so lucky!! I canceled all individual reservations on DMW to link the other 3 on the roll call. Went back in to see if I could get any day @ 6pm and it turns out that only the 1st day cancelation held! I'm still eating at 6 every night except the 1st one. Not messing with this again. 

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, HleeCruiser said:

I have not heard this bit of news.  What is your source for the "Come Back New"  news that the app is coming back in August?  Thank you.

There is a link titled 'Well the Good News Is' The poster said after discussing problems with a support person that, as Steelers36 suggested, the problems are with the way data is presented and there would be a clean up and new release August 31. In the mean time they were fixing problems one at a time with early cruise dates.

It is typical of a naïve IT person to run tests against a good sample data base and overlook the fact that real data, possibly transferred from another system, will act very differently.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tedferg said:

There is a link titled 'Well the Good News Is' The poster said after discussing problems with a support person that, as Steelers36 suggested, the problems are with the way data is presented and there would be a clean up and new release August 31. In the mean time they were fixing problems one at a time with early cruise dates.

It is typical of a naïve IT person to run tests against a good sample data base and overlook the fact that real data, possibly transferred from another system, will act very differently.

Thank you.  I will just wait patiently until August 31.

Just spoken to Princess in Southampton as we are unable to use the DMW part of the app too for our cruise in 10 weeks time.   They are aware of the problems and they are being worked on, will hopefully be back up and running soon. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

After a couple of weeks I got the app to work. Yesterday morning I got pissed off and uninstalled the app on both of my devices. Last night I decided to reinstall the app on my tablet. BINGO! I had everything, everything works, the DMW is there, it's wasn't there before. I didn't lose any of the information that had previously entered. I was able to acknowledge the passage contract and the COVID requirements. It's all good now

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Eaglecw said:

everything works, the DMW is there, it's wasn't there before

Were you able to make DMW nightly reservations? When is your cruise? I’m still not able to make DMW reservations for a November 2021 cruise. Only cruise that DMW worked was August 29th cruise. I keep trying everyday to make reservations for our November cruise but so far it’s not working.

On 7/3/2021 at 5:45 PM, HleeCruiser said:

Uninstalled and reinstalled the app.  and now has the "Dine my Way" option but it isn't working.  I can open the portal and select evening and get the message "We have no reservations at this time".  Check back later.

I had the option to book dining last week and now I'm seeing the option you are. This is really annoying. I uninstalled and reinstalled, but nothing is better. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tedferg said:

Do we need to uninstall ? I have previously just Updated. 

I'd say NO, because I just did due to the MC App thread where folks are reporting new features in the Personal Info section to record travel info and return airport info.  I did not see these and wondered if a new release even though Play Store indicated nothing. 

The reinstall did nothing for me in that regard, so I am thinking they have programmed to hide that for far-off voyages.

I did note that our dining reservations are gone for our first logical voyage (25 nights B2B2B).  I could neither book an individual night nor a full-cruise res.  I checked our second voyage (14 nights) and those res are still intact. 

Not sure what to think.  Whether IT addressing issues and taking down bad res data or if it was done in response to a detailed email I sent to PCL HQ key personnel in regards to MC App and DMW data. 

I may find out more info tomorrow.

11 hours ago, Tedferg said:

Do we need to uninstall ? I have previously just Updated. 

I tried this due to feedback from others, but it did not resolve any of the issues I'm having with uploading my passport. I've tried on an android and iPhone. Neither are working. I could make dining a few days ago and now I can't- but it seems that is because nobody can. I'm really disappointed that there might be a new update by late August, as that's just before I go thus a loss of most of the pretrip functionality.