Dine My Way - new MedallionClass enhancement

dides

58 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Actually, this "virtual queue" is already up and running on P&O. 

yes, it's called getting a beeper , going into Vines, getting a glass of wine, and waiting for the beeper to go off notifying you your table is ready ... and the wine is real, not virtual, and the most important queue is your table at Vines

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tedferg said:

I would have thought you would have a problem at that time, too many people. Actually DMW could help you with a reservation at that time. 

you can still just turn up but that is a high traffic time 

Well, you are right..it is a high traffic time and I suppose in that regard, we may be better off making reservations rather than just showing up.  In the past we did have to wait for awhile with a beeper to be seated.  

5 hours ago, wowzz said:

Depends on the particular cruise. It certainly is not a high traffic time for European cruises. Why eat when the sun is still out, and you can be drinking cocktails ? It's the best part of the day, and you don't want to waste it, sitting inside.

We are used to eating early as you in Europe prefer later dining.  After eating, we are free for evening activities onboard or to take a walk on the outside decks, enjoying the sunset or night breezes.  To each his own.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, voljeep said:

yes, it's called getting a beeper , going into Vines, getting a glass of wine, and waiting for the beeper to go off notifying you your table is ready ... and the wine is real, not virtual, and the most important queue is your table at Vines

Presume this is an aside of past times. Bleepers not being used on present cruises only virtual queues using P&O “app”. 

2 minutes ago, Gettingwarmer said:

Presume this is an aside of past times. Bleepers not being used on present cruises only virtual queues using P&O “app”. 

exactly - not a 'new concept' - just 'updated' to today's technology

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, voljeep said:

exactly - not a 'new concept' - just 'updated' to today's technology

Saves going to the restaurant. Just stay where you are, in cabin or at bar or elsewhere, and join the virtual queue. If it’s too long wait till later. Seems easier. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We are booked on a February 2022 cruise. I thought I would be able to schedule our meal times for this cruise, as others seem to have done so for cruises later in 2022. I have the Medallion Class app on my phone. I have been trying to get something scheduled for the Dine My Way section in vain. Depending on how I get to that section, I get one of the two error messages below:

Medallion Class Error Msg 1s.jpg

Medallion Class Error Msg 2s.jpg

Any ideas? Being able to schedule anything before our final payment is made seems illogical to me, but as I said, others have reported success scheduling prior to the final payment.

Doug

Edited by PaperSniper4

23 minutes ago, PaperSniper4 said:

We are booked on a February 2022 cruise. I thought I would be able to schedule our meal times for this cruise, as others seem to have done so for cruises later in 2022. I have the Medallion Class app on my phone. I have been trying to get something scheduled for the Dine My Way section in vain. Depending on how I get to that section, I get one of the two error messages below:

Any ideas? Being able to schedule anything before our final payment is made seems illogical to me, but as I said, others have reported success scheduling prior to the final payment.

Doug

Seems odd.  You were booked prior to June 7?  Are you at least Platinum level in Captain's Circle? 

If either or both Q answers are YES, then this is illogical.  Try reaching out to the OCEAN support team.  It seems unlikely your entire voyage was left out of the inventory load.  Is it sold out or appear to be close to sold out?  It appears as though the App is assigning tables in 2022 using 2021 protocols of 1 cabin per table and that could fill up the DR inventory real fast.  Especially if your voyage is missing an entire DR in the inventory as some voyages are.

28 minutes ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Doug

Earlier last week, I was able to schedule via DMW on the app for our April 2022 cruise. Just for grins I logged in today to see if my reservations were still there but got a message that DMW was not available. Guess they're still doing some behind the scenes dinking around?

Edited by joepeka

53 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Seems odd.  You were booked prior to June 7?  Are you at least Platinum level in Captain's Circle? 

If either or both Q answers are YES, then this is illogical.  Try reaching out to the OCEAN support team.  It seems unlikely your entire voyage was left out of the inventory load.  Is it sold out or appear to be close to sold out?  It appears as though the App is assigning tables in 2022 using 2021 protocols of 1 cabin per table and that could fill up the DR inventory real fast.  Especially if your voyage is missing an entire DR in the inventory as some voyages are.

Thanks for the reply.

Yes to both. Platinum for the last couple of cruises and booked this cruise December 2020. Thanks for the info. I HATE trying to get someone to whom to talk at Princess! I suppose I will have to devote an entire day to something that should have been done when I booked. All I wanted was early seating.😪

Lordy, if I'd written buggy code like this Medallion app when I was working, I'd have been looking for a new job!😲 Like many of these phone apps, the emphasis is apparently on sights and sounds rather that function.

Do you know if there is a different number for the Ocean support team? I cannot find such a number at Princess.com nor with a duckduckgo internet search.

Doug

1 hour ago, joepeka said:

Earlier last week, I was able to schedule via DMW on the app for our April 2022 cruise. Just for grins I logged in today to see if my reservations were still there but got a message that DMW was not available. Guess they're still doing some behind the scenes dinking around?

"......Guess they're still doing some behind the scenes dinking around?"

Ha, that's one word for it! 😉

Doug

• Like 1

Totally agree, PaperSniper4. I sent an email to the tech support address for the Medallion app about not being able to get late Traditional re-instated on our Sept. 2022 cruise. They answered, wanting more info. I sent it. Am waiting to hear back.

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

We are booked on an October 2021 cruise and were able to make a couple of bookings a few days ago, but since then have just got the "No reservations at this time" message as shown in # 933, cannot even get to being able to choose a dining time to book. 

We have been booked since January and have paid our final balance today, but new to Princess cruises.  It seems more like the system is just not working, we may try to ring Princess tomorrow and will report back if any explanation is forthcoming.

28 minutes ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Lordy, if I'd written buggy code like this Medallion app when I was working, I'd have been looking for a new job!😲 Like many of these phone apps, the emphasis is apparently on sights and sounds rather that function.

This reminds me of a TV ad from a few years ago (don't remember the product/service) where a young dude was sitting at a computer monitor at work and his boss (the owner) was standing behind him. The young guy was showing the owner the new company web site home page he had designed and was really proud of his elaborate work (I'm paraphrasing the dialog below):

Young dude: "This is our company logo, pretty cool, huh?"

Owner: "Uh huh, nice."

Young dude: "And here is our company logo with flames all around it. Awesome, right?"

Owner: "Yes, that's great. But can you make incoming orders from our site interface with our inventory databases and then feed restocking info to our wholesale ordering system? You know, tie it all together?"

The young dude gets an incredibly frightened look on his face and says, "I... I don't know how to do that!"

Edited by joepeka
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Doug

I am getting the same messages and have been for the past few days.  Our cruise is in Dec. 2021.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, joepeka said:

This reminds me of a TV ad from a few years ago (don't remember the product/service) where a young dude was sitting at a computer monitor at work and his boss (the owner) was standing behind him. The young guy was showing the owner the new company web site home page he had designed and was really proud of his elaborate work (I'm paraphrasing the dialog below):

Young dude: "This is our company logo, pretty cool, huh?"

Owner: "Uh huh, nice."

Young dude: "And here is our company logo with flames all around it. Awesome, right?"

Owner: "Yes, that's great. But can you make incoming orders from our site interface with our inventory databases and then feed restocking info to our wholesale ordering system? You know, tie it all together?"

The young dude gets an incredibly frightened look on his face and says, "I... I don't know how to do that!"

HA! Yep, my point exactly!😎

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, HleeCruiser said:

I am getting the same messages and have been for the past few days.  Our cruise is in Dec. 2021.

Well, at least I am not alone. If I spend the day trying to talk to Princess I will share my experience here, and hope others will do the same. It just seems weird to spend so much time on getting dining times set up! Grrrrr! Heck, I will be so glad to get one a ship even if I have to live on the snacks I bring on board with me! 😉

Doug

Since your cruises are not within the next couple of months why don’t you all wait until the update they say is supposed to happen on Aug. 31st to see if things are better? Wouldn’t that save you some aggravation?  Just wondering?

• Like 2

I gotta say for all those people on this forum who are having issues with the app or on hold with Princess for hours.  With me;   not gonna happen.  Nothing is worth me being on hold for anything.  I will figure out the app on my own and if not.  I will get my medallion when I get to the port.  It seems a lot of people are frustrated with this app.  So sad that over 15 months with no one using the app;  the company would not have perfected the app with lots of trial runs.  I started thinking about Medallion Monday videos.  How many takes did they shoot before everything worked for the video.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, t&atravel said:

Since your cruises are not within the next couple of months why don’t you all wait until the update they say is supposed to happen on Aug. 31st to see if things are better? Wouldn’t that save you some aggravation?  Just wondering?

I think some people are booked on Alaska cruises this month (July) and Sept and Oct cruises;  so they want to make sure they can get the dining times they want.  Seems like crowd control will be used in the dining room;  so those who get their preferred times in, stand the best chance of getting the times they want.  For suite and Club Class,  they don't have to worry about the app for dining times.  That is my take on the issue;  people want to have peace of mind;  regardless of when the app is updated.  Cheers everyone

• Like 1

I booked for a June 2, 2022 cruise several months ago and asked for traditional dining, table for four, early seating on the personalizer.  This was transferred to our Medallian account correctly except the dining room assigned was Michelangelo.  Thought this was curious since usually Bottecelli is assigned for traditional.

However since so far I have had no problems with Medallion either on my ipad or android phone I am certainly not complaining.  We had been on a previous Medallion cruise and all of our data (passports, photos, etc) were transferred as well.  Not sure if this is why all went smoothly.

I did try to change dining one day when we will be late back to the ship and it said I had to wait.